+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lambert

Lambert

Not in squad again. What's happened?

Re: Lambert

Back injury I think. He's struggling.

Wouldnt wish this on anyone, but Lambert's best bet might be to retire from professional football.Rather than struggle on for a couple of seasons.

Any time you're Lambert way,
    Any evening, any day,
    You'll find us all
    Doing the Lambert Walk.

Joking aside -
    Poor fella - wishing him rapid recovery. Personally and professionally.
    But also because he is on our books. Harsh, but ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Any time you're Lambert way,
    Any evening, any day,
    You'll find us all
    Doing the Lambert Walk.

Joking aside -
    Poor fella - wishing him rapid recovery. Personally and professionally.
    But also because he is on our books. Harsh, but ..
    Your avatar always makes me think you're Tandy.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Wouldnt wish this on anyone, but Lambert's best bet might be to retire from professional football.Rather than struggle on for a couple of seasons.
    If I'm honest I can't see that happening!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    If I'm honest I can't see that happening!!
    Me neither.

Perhaps there could be an opening for him in the youth staff though?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Me neither.

Perhaps there could be an opening for him in the youth staff though?
    Circa £25k a week for a youth coach. Sweet

He was a terrible signing and he is on 25k a week. It was a last minute panic thing to appease the moaning section of the fans at that time and he has scored how many ? played how many? .......and likely to play even less and hes signed on a two year contract!!
    How did he pass a medical i want to know and to think we gave away the likes of Ben Turrner whos played bout thirty games for burton since we shoved him out the door!!

I think the best we can do is allow him till the end of the season to recover, get a good pre season behind him and hopefully we will have an experienced target man we can use next season. I don't see anyone coming in for him tbh, and unless he's forced to retire through injury then I don't see the point in paying his contract up.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    He was a terrible signing and he is on 25k a week. It was a last minute panic thing to appease the moaning section of the fans at that time and he has scored how many ? played how many? .......and likely to play even less and hes signed on a two year contract!!
    How did he pass a medical i want to know and to think we gave away the likes of Ben Turrner whos played bout thirty games for burton since we shoved him out the door!!
    Yep, I've said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I think the best we can do is allow him till the end of the season to recover, get a good pre season behind him and hopefully we will have an experienced target man we can use next season. I don't see anyone coming in for him tbh, and unless he's forced to retire through injury then I don't see the point in paying his contract up.
    I think this sums up the situation well.
    We are now reliant on Zohore but unless we bring in another striker in the summer we must have cover. I would pick Lambert ahead of Fred and Pilks. When Lambert first came here we did not have to wide players to provide runs and crosses that we seem to get nowadays.
    With his experience and finishing ability he may yet be a reasonable goal scorer if we have injuries.?
    Like you said, I cannot see anyone taking him at the level of wages he is on.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Other than they play in different positions , and Lambert can actually play football if he wasn't such a fat lazy bastard , I get your point .

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Your avatar always makes me think you're Tandy.

Hmm .. rainy ol' Sunday .. I think I'll change it my avatar. Right now.

I wonder if Lambert is on a big game bonus ? There was also talk of a contract extension after 19 appearances.... if true then maybe there's more to the 'bad back' than meets the eye

He's got to be off the books next year, a complete waste of a squad place

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He's got to be off the books next year, a complete waste of a squad place
    how do you mean "off the books" ? pay up is contract in full ? utter waste of money in my opinion that.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    His best bet is probably sitting back taking in 25 grand or whatever!.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I wonder if Lambert is on a big game bonus ? There was also talk of a contract extension after 19 appearances.... if true then maybe there's more to the 'bad back' than meets the eye
    That is good news. We really need players like Lambert in our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    how do you mean "off the books" ? pay up is contract in full ? utter waste of money in my opinion that.
    Transferred out, loaned out for the season, with us probably paying half his wages or just advised to retire

What ever way he goes, which could include paying some of his wages up front and allowing him to leave on a free I don't particularly care, just as long as he isn't here next season.

He won't add anything, will never fit into a Neil Warnock type team and is useless, by my reckoning there seems little point in letting him hang around like a bad smell

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Transferred out, loaned out for the season, with us probably paying half his wages or just advised to retire

What ever way he goes, which could include paying some of his wages up front and allowing him to leave on a free I don't particularly care, just as long as he isn't here next season.

He won't add anything, will never fit into a Neil Warnock type team and is useless, by my reckoning there seems little point in letting him hang around like a bad smell
    If we can get anything in for him i agree we should take it, Unfortunately i don't see that happening for an injury prone 35 year old.