+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zahore

Re: Zahore

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I asked this a while back but no one answered. Wasn't Kevin a Tan signing? I hope it doesn't give him ideas.
    No some only call a player a Tan signing if he's shit. They stop claiming it when a player starts doing well.
    Didn't our Russ sign him and then get called a yes man?
    Last edited by stan butler; 25-02-17 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No some only call a player a Tan signing if he's shit. They stop claiming it when a player starts doing well

He was a Tan signing mate. Definitely

No some only call a player a Tan signing if he's shit. They stop claiming it when a player starts doing well.
    Didn't our Russ sign him and then get called a yes man?
    No he was a Russ loan signing and then a Paul Trollope permanent if you're being particular.
    He was utter dog shit under both of those managers though, wouldn't you agree?

I asked this a while back but no one answered. Wasn't Kevin a Tan signing? I hope it doesn't give him ideas.
    Kevin?

What do you mean by a Tan signing? Tan indicated that he would be a lot more involved in Ole's premier league and summer window and that at this time he set up a transfer committee. Since those two windows it's become harder to distinguish who in the committee has had lead say on each transfer, however Zohore was a committee signing.

If you want to give Tan some more credit that he's used to then Bergerstall has been doing fairly well in the Bundersliga, so while he didn't work out here it's more likely Tan had a say and it seems that the theory behind it was smart.

Didn't our Russ sign him?
    Is anyone bothered about squabbling over tan anymore? He behaved like a proper twat a few years ago, he seems to have learned the error of his ways and seems to be leaving the running of the club to people that know what they're doing and I think the fans appreciate that. I hated the whole rebranding but it's behind us now, it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Kevin?
    Heh, everyone knew who I meant. :coat:

who needs Adebayor when we got kenny zohore...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He's flipping brilliant. He is a top championship striker and I'm not exaggerating
    His second goal was one of the best

I thought at the time that cross from Ken at the end was good but watching it again on the highlights, it really was terrific. He's on the corner of the area, back to goal, three or four defenders around him and he flicks in an inch perfect cross. Such a shame John didn't quite connect. This is why we so desperately need a poacher to play alongside him.

I shudder to think of our attack without him.......

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I thought at the time that cross from Ken at the end was good but watching it again on the highlights, it really was terrific. He's on the corner of the area, back to goal, three or four defenders around him and he flicks in an inch perfect cross. Such a shame John didn't quite connect. This is why we so desperately need a poacher to play alongside him.
    Shame we are unlikely to see a fully fit Lambert alongside him

20m? Getting a bit carried away here aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Zohore = A raw Bothroyd, I've said this and this was so evident today it's unreal.
    He is better than Bothroyd now , doesn't get pushed off the ball. Best all round player I seen up front for Cardiff .8-10million in the summer if he continues in this vain of form .

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    He has been a bit of a nomad so far in his career. He needs another season with us, after all he is only 23.
    Exactly, he could have been another Ravel Morrison orTony Watts . Great footballers who can't maintain their potential
    Warnock waved his magic wand and hey presto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    20m? Getting a bit carried away here aren't we?
    In a sane world Yes. The money in the Premiership is no longer sane and I really think this represents his potential come this Summer. Defenders in the Championship are not much different to those in the Premiership and Zohore is leaving many of them for dead.

The real question is why would we sell him for less if we have promotion ambitions? We either need to get a ridiculous offer for him or we keep him and have one less player to worry about buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    In a sane world Yes. The money in the Premiership is no longer sane and I really think this represents his potential come this Summer. Defenders in the Championship are not much different to those in the Premiership and Zohore is leaving many of them for dead.

The real question is why would we sell him for less if we have promotion ambitions? We either need to get a ridiculous offer for him or we keep him and have one less player to worry about buying.
    No, 20m is way over the top. There isn't a player in the division who will go for that kind of money

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No, 20m is way over the top. There isn't a player in the division who will go for that kind of money
    I personally think there is now, but it's all speculation. I hope we don't sell him as he's brought a smile back to everyone's face in recent weeks - and that's priceless

Was this his debut?
    I remember the game vividly.
    He came off the bench and so nearly scored THREE times in the 11 or so minutes he played.
    The impact he had was astounding and the lob referred to in the report i remember as if it was
    yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35914247

Note name spelling in the report.
    Last edited by AlwaysAway2; 26-02-17 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Was this his debut?
    He came off the bench and so nearly scored THREE times in the 11 or so minutes he played.
    The impact he had was astounding and the lob referred to in the report i remember as if it was
    yesterday.

No - debut in February 2016:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Zohore

On transfer deadline day of January 2016, Zohore joined Championship side Cardiff City on loan from Belgian side K.V. Kortrijk, who signed him that same day from OB. He made his debut on 6 February, in a goalless draw against Milton Keynes Dons, coming on for Sammy Ameobi. He came on to score his first goal for the club on 19 April, against Brentford, followed by his second against Bolton Wanderers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No - debut in February 2016:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Zohore

On transfer deadline day of January 2016, Zohore joined Championship side Cardiff City on loan from Belgian side K.V. Kortrijk, who signed him that same day from OB. He made his debut on 6 February, in a goalless draw against Milton Keynes Dons, coming on for Sammy Ameobi. He came on to score his first goal for the club on 19 April, against Brentford, followed by his second against Bolton Wanderers.
    Not his debut, but the night when I started to think that Zohore could really make an impact in this division - he caused the Burnley defence so many problems that night.

His finishing and first touch is still a bit shit. Although improvIng seemingly day by day.

If he fine tunes these he will be a hell of an asset

People getting carried away regarding a player who has only had less than half a season in reality. Time to see how good he is will be next season, he's a long way from being as good as Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack or Earnshaw.
    £20 million? Someone's living in fantasy land.
    Time will tell, but let's hope he proves to be as good as his predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Was this his debut?
    yesterday.

Can't remember if it was before or after this he came on for the last 10 away at Brentford when we were 2-0 down and buried.

What he did then, winning headers, scoring and so narrowly away from an equaliser with a lovely chip caused me to post the next morning something along the lines of 'right at the end of the season we've found a striker'

Looked for a long time like I'd misjudged it, fair to say he's starting to make that comment look a fair bit less like 'wishful thinking' now

He still needs to show it over a longer period to be worthy of a £10m+ price tag, but how nice it is to be able to talk about a player like this for the first time in ages

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Can't remember if it was before or after this he came on for the last 10 away at Brentford when we were 2-0 down and buried.

What he did then, winning headers, scoring and so narrowly away from an equaliser with a lovely chip caused me to post the next morning something along the lines of 'right at the end of the season we've found a striker'

Looked for a long time like I'd misjudged it, fair to say he's starting to make that comment look a fair bit less like 'wishful thinking' now

He still needs to show it over a longer period to be worthy of a £10m+ price tag, but how nice it is to be able to talk about a player like this for the first time in ages
    Scott Hogan went for 12m and has done it for about 30 games. I do think come the end of the season, if he keeps this up, he'll be worth more than Hogan. He's quicker, stronger and more powerful than Hogan and can play up on his own, which is extremely valuable today.