+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a brilliant game of football

What a brilliant game of football

Two very very good teams. Best game I've seen down here in years.

Re: What a brilliant game of football

Superb game! End to end, exciting football with lots of chances. Both sides had opportunities to win it.
    Great contrast in styles today. Their possession based, controlled football against out high tempo direct play.
    Worth every penny and much better than the error strewn egg chasers.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Two very very good teams. Best game I've seen down here in years.
    Almost the same thing me and Mrs Bluebird said on the way back. Swap "years" for "ages" and they were exactly the same words.

End to end stuff, could have been lots more goals, misses on both sides, either team could have won.

Happy with a point really.

Fantastic game, brilliant display of attacking football from both teams. Toss up between Zohore and Cairney for man of the match for me

Thoroughly pleasing way to enjoy sitting in the rain on a Saturday afternoon.

If I have one observation it's that we gave their number 10 far too much time and space on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

If I have one observation it's that we gave their number 10 far too much time and space on the ball.
    Agree with that, but no taking away from the fact that was pure entertainment. Marvellous game that.

Tremendous game, really entertaining. I'm sure both sets of fans will have appreciated two teams playing to their strengths. Fulham's passing ability and pace was excellent and we struggled to live with it at times, Cairney in particular was very good. Unfortunately all our game changing players started the game so we really didn't have any threat from the bench. Having said that I'm surprised that Pilks wasn't brought on for Hoilett. But we showed that we are only a few players away from being a real force in this division.

Just maybe, he made his own space and time.

But great game, good result

Cairney was brilliant but it was difficult for us to get near him cos Johanson tucked in on the left effectively making it a 3 man midfield whereas we had real width in Noone and Harris.

These contrasting styles is what made the game entertaining.

I was really impressed with Fulham but i thought we were excellent too.

It was a great game with 2 defences strughlimg with the pace and skill both sides possessed going forward.

Really enjoyed it

Always going to be a thrill filled game as many of us predicted.
    Let's not forget though that both teams were safe from the drop and a sniff of a chance of a play off position. This allows offensive players (including our Ken) to show their skills. Without having a pop at KZ, on the contrary as he has a bright future, some perspective is called for.

Great game and long may they continue under the master NW