+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

I was very critical of him ealeier in the season but the guy was superb today. He won loads of ball, his body shape when receiving the ball has improved no end and i thought he used the ball really well too. Top performance.

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was very critical of him ealeier in the season but the guy was superb today. He won loads of ball, his body shape when receiving the ball has improved no end and i thought he used the ball really well too. Top performance.
    He also allowed their number 10 to run the game

Absolute nonsense! Ralls was the more influential of the two players in the first half. His pressing was intense and purposeful. It directly led to the mistake prior to Zohore's burst forward for the first goal. His distrivutiin was accurate, creative and insightful.

Second half Fulham changed their formation and flooded the midfield area.
    Cairney is one of the most talented midfield players in the division, strong, athletic and with the composure to be hugely influential.
    I thought both young men had great games and were a credit to the standard of footballer to be found in the Championship.
    I just wish we had had another midfield player on the benches who could provide the same level of workrate and commitment as Gunnarsson and Ralls to shore up our structure in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    Absolute nonsense! Ralls was the more influential of the two players in the first half. His pressing was intense and purposeful. It directly led to the mistake prior to Zohore's burst forward for the first goal. His distrivutiin was accurate, creative and insightful.

Cairney is one of the most talented midfield players in the division, strong, athletic and with the composure to be hugely influential.
    I thought both young men had great games and were a credit to the standard of footballer to be found in the Championship.
    I just wish we had had another midfield player on the benches who could provide the same level of workrate and commitment as Gunnarsson and Ralls to shore up our structure in the second half.
    Ralls is overrated and can't pass water or tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Ralls is overrated and can't pass water or tackle
    I think there's something in both your viewpoints. I like Joe but he is still not quite strong enough yet to impose himself on a game in my view. He can contribute, and would be a great replacement for late in the game to help shore things up, but at present he's not good enough if we want to seriously compete at the top end.

Warnock will want a Cairney type player in the middle to complement Gunnarsson next year, along with a couple of quicker wingers I think, in order to allow us to stretch the game a bit more. The main riddle to be solved is 1 or 2 up top?

I don't think anyone over rates Joe Ralls. I think fans are really pleased to see how he's started to show why so many were urging Slade to give him his chance a few years ago. That's clearly down to playing under a top manager and coaches.