+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat/Obese people on aeroplanes

Fat/Obese people on aeroplanes

They should pay extra. It's their fault they eat the wrong food and fail to move enough, perhaps a 'fatty tax' These greedy lazy people should be penalised surely? Thoughts?

Re: Fat/Obese people on aeroplanes

Shouldn't pay extra.
    They should just have their luggage allowance reduced accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Shouldn't pay extra.
    They should just have their luggage allowance reduced accordingly.
    What about the fact that they stink

It has a number of connotations, the fairest way would be the person pays for two seats, to avoid discomfort for both themselves and the person next to them, overall weight plus baggage is then catered for.

For this to happen the airline industry has to embrace the question up front , about size and weight, which could be carefully worded by saying ""we need to ensure your comfort is important ,therefore we need ascess your needs in understanding your size ,length , and width of body before we allocate your seat or seats""

Should be kept in the bottom of the plane, like cattle. The normal passengers could also defecate on them throughout the flight.

Tall people should pay more too. More seats could be fitted in a plane if everyone was short.
    And passengers' oxygen intake should be monitored and they should be charged accordingly.

Midgets should go half price

If you are large enough that you encroach on the space I have paid for then - so that you basically have 120% of the two seats and I am left with 80% - then that should be reflected in ticket prices. I don't think that has to be limited to obese people and think it will be very rare for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If you are large enough that you encroach on the space I have paid for then - so that you basically have 120% of the two seats and I am left with 80% - then that should be reflected in ticket prices. I don't think that has to be limited to obese people and think it will be very rare for it to happen.
    But if tickets rise for obese people then the law of elasticity would mean that fewer of them travel, which would result in your ticket costing more. Best snuggle up and enjoy

Also the unfit who lean over their shopping trolleys instead of standing upright. They should be taxed big time when they get to the till, stop them buying their cakes, biscuits etc and call the fat police to deal with them. Time is up fatties!!

FATTIES. Avoid your torso being surreptitiously filmed and used in a BBC news report about Britain's obesity problem by always wearing a T-shirt with 'All newsreaders are c*nts' written on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    FATTIES. Avoid your torso being surreptitiously filmed and used in a BBC news report about Britain's obesity problem by always wearing a T-shirt with 'All newsreaders are c*nts' written on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    They should pay extra. It's their fault they eat the wrong food and fail to move enough
    Aha, you must be the government minister for the overweight.

They should be made to walk through a gate (similar to luggage) and if they can't get through, made to pay extra.

Can we also ban smelly people, ugly people, awkward gits who fart around with the overhead lockers, people who sit in window seats who go for a piss a lot, people who talk to me when I want quiet and people who are quiet when i fancy a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Aha, you must be the government minister for the overweight.
    Or Belgium's minister for health...

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

Is that skin or a skin coloured silk scarf?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    They should pay extra. It's their fault they eat the wrong food and fail to move enough, perhaps a 'fatty tax' These greedy lazy people should be penalised surely? Thoughts?
    Do you work for Talk Sport?

You could argue that "fatty" people are paying more in tax anyway. If, as you presume, they are eating the wrong food (i.e. not fruit and veg) then they will be paying more in VAT.

How about alcoholics, should they pay for NHS treatment when they need help? Or drunk people when they fall over? Or people who drive recklessly? Or smokers? Or people who live too long? Or people whose genetics result in them being chronically ill?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How can this possibly be enforced? Most people buy airline tickets on line these days.

It's more likely that, as people get bigger, airlines will make seats bigger and charge everyone more to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They should be made to walk through a gate (similar to luggage) and if they can't get through, made to pay extra.
    Nothing unfair about that is there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is that skin or a skin coloured silk scarf?
    It's scarf-coloured skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

She must be doing something right, by all accounts she is extremely popular in the country.

yeah and tall people taking up legroom and old people delaying flights with the shuffle tactics and disabled people pfffffft