+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat/Obese people on aeroplanes

Re: Fat/Obese people on aeroplanes

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If you are large enough that you encroach on the space I have paid for then - so that you basically have 120% of the two seats and I am left with 80% - then that should be reflected in ticket prices. I don't think that has to be limited to obese people and think it will be very rare for it to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    How can this possibly be enforced? Most people buy airline tickets on line these days.

It's more likely that, as people get bigger, airlines will make seats bigger and charge everyone more to fly.
    I'm sure Ryanair could find a way to make you enter your weight onto their online booking system, and charge you £75 if your weight changes by more than a couple of kilos before the day you fly...

Half the passengers being on laxatives should be fun...

whats everyones view on gingers on planes?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    Worse than snakes.

What if the Captain is ginger? or .. or .. err.. something

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Do you work for Talk Sport?

You could argue that "fatty" people are paying more in tax anyway. If, as you presume, they are eating the wrong food (i.e. not fruit and veg) then they will be paying more in VAT.

How about alcoholics, should they pay for NHS treatment when they need help? Or drunk people when they fall over? Or people who drive recklessly? Or smokers? Or people who live too long? Or people whose genetics result in them being chronically ill?
    You've missed the point. We are talking about lazy, greedy obese people here

Banned

I always get extra leg room seats over the wings on mid range flights, and premium seats on long haul. This so far stops fat people being by you on a flight. Also kids are not allowed on extra leg room rows too.
    One flight going to Greece, we had extra leg room seats and me and my missus was sitting together with the third seat alongside me unoccupied.
    When we got to altitude, the seat belt sign went off and a fat **** come and sat in the spare seat.
    I pretended to go for a pee and told a stewardess, I said I'm not being funny love but I've paid for these seats.
    She came over and asked to see his ticket, he duly moved...
    In another scenario, me and my missus were the only 2 sitting at the last 3 railed off rows in the cinema , you know the gallery seats, when film started a fat family came up , opened the gate and sat down with a tesco bag for life full of snacks.
    I waited for them to get set up and start eating, then went and got a man with a torch who moved the cheeky facks

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Midgets should go half price
    Especially on long haul flights