+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match day squad for the first game of next season

Match day squad for the first game of next season

Which of our current squad do you expect would to see in the line up for the first game next season?

For me the only shoe ins are Bamba & Gunnarsson.

McGregor is probably as good as any that we might sign.

On a good day Morrison, Peltier, Connolly, Ralls might all stake a claim but something has to be different ...and we have been shipping goals.

It would be great to see Zohore and Harris claim their spots as being the best in the squad in their positions. They still have more to prove in the remainder of the season. Both would need to up their game, every game.

Peltier, Connolly, Morrison, Ralls, Hoilett, Noone ,Richards, Whitts, Harris, Zohore, Manga, Bennett, Pilkington?

Surely the rest are non starters.

Re: Match day squad for the first game of next season

GK - New signing/McGregor

LB - Jazz
    CB - Bamba
    CB - New signing
    RB - Peltier

LM - Harris
    CM - Gunnarsson
    CM - New signing
    RM - New signing

CF - Zohore
    CF - New signing

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    GK - New signing/McGregor

LB - Jazz
    CB - Bamba
    CB - New signing
    RB - Peltier

LM - Harris
    CM - Gunnarsson
    CM - New signing
    RM - New signing

CF - Zohore
    CF - New signing
    i,d like to believe that Jazz is good enough

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Which of our current squad do you expect would to see in the line up for the first game next season?

For me the only shoe ins are Bamba & Gunnarsson.

McGregor is probably as good as any that we might sign.

On a good day Morrison, Peltier, Connolly, Ralls might all stake a claim but something has to be different ...and we have been shipping goals.

It would be great to see Zohore and Harris claim their spots as being the best in the squad in their positions. They still have more to prove in the remainder of the season. Both would need to up their game, every game.

Peltier, Connolly, Morrison, Ralls, Hoilett, Noone ,Richards, Whitts, Harris, Zohore, Manga, Bennett, Pilkington?

Surely the rest are non starters.
    Harris and Whitts are out of contract and may be off to pastures new. Plus Whitts isn't getting any game time and will be further down the pecking order next season with new acquisitions.

Pilks and No one unless they improve their consistency, will be squad players at best.

Kennedy may have a future with us.

Just to add that sadly I do not expect to see Whitts in a City shirt next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just to add that sadly I do not expect to see Whitts in a City shirt next season.
    Sadly I agree with this too. I think he'll want to play regularly and he will no longer get that opportunity here. I was hoping he'd get to the 100 mark in his goal-scoring record for the club but that will not happen now sadly I don't think unless we have some injuries before the end of the season.

GK - Marshall (McGregor to go back to Hull & Marshall to come back here for part of the cash we received for him...wage dependant)

RB - New signing
    CB - Bamba
    CB - Morrison/New signing (depending on whether we can get a few million for Morrison, plus his wages off the books)
    LB - Peltier (ideally a new signing, but unlikely that's a priority)

CDM - Gunnarson
    CDM - Ralls

RM - Harris
    CAM - Hoilett
    LM - Noone/Pilkington/New Signing (depending on any fee we can get for Noone or Pilks)

ST - Zohore

(Lambert & Fred to go, Healey to be not quite ready for August, new ST backup to come in).

Working on the principal of having 2 players for each position, and going with a 4-1-3-2 formation.

GK - new signing (ideally McGregor) / new signing

RB new signing / Peltier
    CB bamba / ajayi
    CB Morrison / new signing
    Lb Bennett / new signing

DM gunnarsson / new signing
    RW Harris/ noone
    Cm ralls / whittingham
    LW Kennedy / Hoilet

Fw Zohore / Lambert
    Fw SAADI / Healey

GK a priority for me, we've looked like a different team since McGregor came in.
    Then RB and if we part company with whitts then a new Cm to challenge Ralls.
    Matt Connelly can cover most of the defensive squad positions if needed.