+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like Neil to sign in the summer?

Who would you like Neil to sign in the summer?

Take into consideration his likely budget and FFP. I'll throw Conor McAleny's name out there, first career treble today.

Re: Who would you like Neil to sign in the summer?

Messi

Me.

The 3 centre mids from Fulham, and a decent right back.

A striker to be paired with Zahore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    A striker to be paired with Zahore.
    There is a very highly rated young Canadian striker called Cyle Larin who's contract is expiring at some point this year, and who is very likely to be moving to Europe.
    Perhaps Hoilet can have a helpful word in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is a very highly rated young Canadian striker called Cyle Larin who's contract is expiring at some point this year, and who is very likely to be moving to Europe.
    He will struggle to get a work permit with Canada being ranked 117th in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He will struggle to get a work permit with Canada being ranked 117th in the world.
    Surely if he's good enough there must be ways around that?

midfielder in the mode of Barry Bannon at Sheff Wed or that number 10 at Fulham. Another midfielder in the graham Kavanagh mode and a quality pacey striker to partner Zahore or play alone when the need arises. I think we have adequate quality in defence, but back up would be nice if not a luxury. But the need for some pace, Steel (although Gunnarson is giving us this at the moment) and creativity in midfield is, IMO essential and top priority.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    midfielder in the mode of Barry Bannon at Sheff Wed or that number 10 at Fulham. Another midfielder in the graham Kavanagh mode and a quality pacey striker to partner Zahore or play alone when the need arises. I think we have adequate quality in defence, but back up would be nice if not a luxury. But the need for some pace, Steel (although Gunnarson is giving us this at the moment) and creativity in midfield is, IMO essential and top priority.
    Spedger
    Taarbet may be available, if Neil could get him playing to the levels he was at whilst at QPR that would solve creativity issues and help with the goals.

How about Adel Taraabt to be reunited with Warnock?

He's signed to benfica but their president has publicly stated that he will never play for them again.
    He's on loan at Genoa at the moment but has only made a few substitute appearances, although has chipped in with a few assists.
    Would probably need to lose a stone or two but if Warnock could get the kind of performances out of him he did when they won the league that would turn almost any average championship club into one competing at the top.

Unfortunately, Taarabt hasn't come close to replicating that form anywhere since.

I think 'paired' strikers are a rarity these days, and Neil seems to be a 4-5-1 man. Energetic, mobile, centre midfielders are what I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Taarbet may be available, if Neil could get him playing to the levels he was at whilst at QPR that would solve creativity issues and help with the goals.
    Great minds.

I had a look on Transfer Markt and according to them Charlie Adam, George Boyd, Vurnon Anita and Wayne Hennessey will all be available for free in the summer

Could be worth taking a look at

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I had a look on Transfer Markt and according to them Charlie Adam, George Boyd, Vurnon Anita and Wayne Hennessey will all be available for free in the summer

Think wages might be a stumbling block with some of those.
    Ledley also on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I'd take Boyd and Hennessy out of them. Although I'd like to see us keep hold of mcgregor

Alan Judge (currently injured) is out of contract at the end of the season. I'd love to see us sign him and i think Dale Stephens from Brighton is out of contract too.

I notice Jamie Mackie is out of contract, i wouldnt be surprised if Warnock takes a punt on him. He loves the old tried and tested.

I'd love us to have a look at Chris Forrester from Peterborough but he's probably out of our price range now.

Grant Leadbitter

Great minds.
    Let's go for Leone Jeane and Ravel Morrison too while we're at it

Whomever Neil (may his name be celebrated for eternity) Warnock signs will be fine with me. We already know Vinny feels similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Let's go for Leone Jeane and Ravel Morrison too while we're at it
    Think you left out Zaha and Jet from that list.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Take into consideration his likely budget and FFP. I'll throw Conor McAleny's name out there, first career treble today.
    Fulham's entire midfield

I'd like to see us put in a £250,000 bid for the Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes...just to piss off their manager again.

Keep lowering the bid until we take him on a free in summer 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Surely if he's good enough there must be ways around that?
    He could change his name to Zola Budd.... !