+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you like Neil to sign in the summer?

Re: Who would you like Neil to sign in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He could change his name to Zola Budd.... !
    He could sign for a certain Belgium club , and be loaned in ,and we could then wait for Canada to win the world cup, and then sign him up just before he takes up his old age pension,hang on we just voted for Brexit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How about Adel Taraabt to be reunited with Warnock?

He's signed to benfica but their president has publicly stated that he will never play for them again.
    He's on loan at Genoa at the moment but has only made a few substitute appearances, although has chipped in with a few assists.
    Would probably need to lose a stone or two but if Warnock could get the kind of performances out of him he did when they won the league that would turn almost any average championship club into one competing at the top.

Unfortunately, Taarabt hasn't come close to replicating that form anywhere since.
    I think we need to think twice about players who have their best years behind them. I can see Taarabt being another Lambert.

Develop younger talent, even from the lower divisions (or Premiership reserves)

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think we need to think twice about players who have their best years behind them. I can see Taarabt being another Lambert.

Develop younger talent, even from the lower divisions (or Premiership reserves)
    Bamba, McGregor and Halford haven't been too shabby. Taarabt is only 27 and Neil knows how to get the best out of him. Low risk option.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Bamba, McGregor and Halford haven't been too shabby. Taarabt is only 27 and Neil knows how to get the best out of him. Low risk option.
    It's omnly low risk if he accepts reasonable to low wages, which I don't see happening.
    If he fails to reach his past form we have another bench warmer on 20-25K per week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I'd like to see us put in a £250,000 bid for the Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes...just to piss off their manager again.

Keep lowering the bid until we take him on a free in summer 2018.
    He signed a new contract this month (looked average anyway when i watched him the other day on TV)

NW said last week when he was on Sky that Taraabt would never have a season again like the only decent one he had THAT year.
    He'd almost certainly be another liability

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    He signed a new contract this month (looked average anyway when i watched him the other day on TV)

NW said last week when he was on Sky that Taraabt would never have a season again like the only decent one he had THAT year.
    He'd almost certainly be another liability
    Agreed. The "purple" season was 2009-10.
    Never reproduced since with various clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agreed. The "purple" season was 2009-10.
    Never reproduced since with various clubs.
    It's all opinions, his purple season was 10-11. He played for both QPR and Fulham in the premiership after that as well as for Milan in the Champions League. Benfica also gave him a 5 year contract.

It's all opinions, his purple season was 10-11. He played for both QPR and Fulham in the premiership after that as well as for Milan in the Champions League. Benfica also gave him a 5 year contract.
    True but after almost 18 months he made 7 appearances for Benfica, scoring one goal.
    They then shipped him out on loan to Genoa where he is yet to make an appearance.
    Whatever you or I think I cannot see Warnock trying to bring him to City.

Lewis Grabban
    Jamie Mackie
    Danny Ward
    John Egan

Marcus Maddison. A hard working winger who can score goals and is only 23. Peterborough have a knack of finding gems from the lower leagues too.

I don't think it would be that low risk, I think he's a bit of a disruptive influence, and there's every chance he would be as useless as he's been since 2012. But you never know...

I don't think it would be that low risk, I think he's a bit of a disruptive influence, and there's every chance he would be as useless as he's been since 2012. But you never know...
    Hardly useless, two further seasons in the premiership and playing in the Italian top flight and champions league.

Take your point about his attitude though, just thought with Neil having managed him and got the best out of him it may be worth a punt.

Seem to remember Bothroyd had an attitude problem before he joined.

Hardly useless, two further seasons in the premiership and playing in the Italian top flight and champions league.

Take your point about his attitude though, just thought with Neil having managed him and got the best out of him it may be worth a punt.

Seem to remember Bothroyd had an attitude problem before he joined.
    He was garbage in the premier league, not sure what went wrong but he totally lost it.
    Real shame because that season he had as a 21 year old I'm struggling to think of a player at this level who has been as good.

He was garbage in the premier league, not sure what went wrong but he totally lost it.

Real shame because that season he had as a 21 year old I'm struggling to think of a player at this level who has been as good.
    QPR bought Barton and it was downhill from there. Perhaps the championship is his level, loads of players struggle to make the step up.