Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Walsh valued Zohore at £6 million, but you make a very good comparison with Jordan Rhodes who does very little except score goals - not a bad habit to have I grant you, but he's, largely stopped doing that recently. I agree with you about Winnall, who I'd choose over the current version of Rhodes any time.

It's when you see how much fairly ordinary Championship players are being sold for that you realise that we as fans tend to be conservative in our estimates of how much our players are worth - although he hasn't got too much more time left on his contract, I was surprised how low you appeared to rate Gunnarsson's potential selling price in a recent post.

Even though he's not doing much for them lately, I like Kodjia of Villa. Yes, he had the benefit of a whole season with the wurzels in which to earn his £11 million, potentially rising to £15 million, price tag, whereas Zohore has only been a regular starter for a third of that time, but I'd say that our player is physically stronger than him, as quick as him, about the same in the air as him,is now linking up play as well as Kodjia does and working for the team more than he does. Kodjia might be the better finisher, but, if his confidence continues to mount as much as it has been, I could see Zohore proving doubters like me wrong when it comes to that part of his game. If Kodjia was sold for £11 million up front and Zohore is rated in the £5 to £6 million bracket, then you're basically saying he's half the player Kodjia is and, based on the evidence of the last three months, that's just not true.

Looking at Kodija's strike rate for last season, it is almost identical to what Zohore is achieving, although as you say Kodija performed over a full season. Another point to consider is their respective ages with Zohore being over 4 years younger than Kodija which should be a factor when considering their respective values. Like you I rate Kodija but I do think that Zohore is currently on a par with him & in my view, the potential to be better.