+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Biggest Oscar cock-up...Ever.

Biggest Oscar cock-up...Ever.

Re: Biggest Oscar cock-up...Ever.

More fake news. Was it the Russians who did it?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 27-02-17 at 08:22.

I think Oscar Pistorious would argue with that as to who had the biggest cock up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think Oscar Pistorious would argue with that as to who had the biggest cock up.
    His girlfriend told him that his was the smallest cock-up.
    That's why he shot her.

I've never been able to watch such a tragic self praising event, built on commercial money ,false speeches and sobbing , never really reconsigning the real film industry, is just another big party with frocks and suits , perhaps they save their money had fund /support the independent/foreign film industry,rather than paying lip service to it, and chucking it the odd category award. I wonder would Moonlight have won, if last years rather white tainted event had created such a stink ??

Bloody Grammys are just as bad .

The story I heard was that the male presenter felt like it was the wrong envelope but rather than stop the show to check gave it to the female presenter who just shouted out the name of the film, when it actually read "Emma Stone - La La Land".

Feels like there might be a life lesson in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The story I heard was that the male presenter felt like it was the wrong envelope but rather than stop the show to check gave it to the female presenter who just shouted out the name of the film, when it actually read "Emma Stone - La La Land".

Feels like there might be a life lesson in the moment.
    A pair of taut faces onstage. And that was just the plastic surgery.

Can't say I can get excited about the Oscars or it's contrived eventfulness.

Well done Moonlight. And La La La La Land.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've never been able to watch such a tragic self praising event, built on commercial money ,false speeches and sobbing , never really reconsigning the real film industry, is just another big party with frocks and suits , perhaps they save their money had fund /support the independent/foreign film industry,rather than paying lip service to it, and chucking it the odd category award. I wonder would Moonlight have won, if last years rather white tainted event had created such a stink ??

Bloody Grammys are just as bad .
    Yes, watched the recent BAFTA awards ceremony with Ken Loach winning best Director for I Daniel Blake.
    Speech berating the government for encouraging the society gap between rich and poor and stating he was firmly on the side of the poor working class.
    The guy is worth 20 million pounds and works in an industry that akin to overpaid, prima donna footballers.
    If he feels so strongly simply donate half of his money to deserving charities ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Can't say I can get excited about the Oscars or it's contrived eventfulness.

Well done Moonlight. And La La La La Land.
    Has one of the Teletubbies bought a smallholding?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Has one of the Teletubbies bought a smallholding?
    Tinky Winky has a small holding.