+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Lone Gunman

Re: The Lone Gunman

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    The old ones are still the old ones.

For the record, I too used to enjoy the posts from, and banter with TLG. I rarely agreed with him and yes, he was turned inside out during the Hammam era bless him and was proven wrong on several occasions on here, but a la Feedback, would never admit to it.

It would be good to have him (and Feedback for that matter) back in the fold both on here and at the games. But I do wonder what his cyber profile must really be like for him to attract the likes of Jurssett and Chris as sycophants

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the match TLG as I understand you were very close to Mark for decades so the grief must've been tremendous :-(
    Feedback is back as Ninian Clark I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was alluding to Chris razor sharp wit.

I have never been one to indulge TLG post rebrand as he has come across very bitter (maybe as the rebrand hurt him).

However it was evident before hand that he had a strong affinity for the club and I'd like to think that life is too short to miss out on something you enjoy cos you once said you would never attend.

He was never a club basher like some pre rebrand and often defended the club when Sam Hamman was peddling his bollocks through Carl and co.

He does offer some good footballing insights when he posts and it would good to hear of him (and others like Alfie Sherwood and even Jirga) once again following the club they formerly loved.
    I was backing you up on your first point. It's an old saying in itself.

Agreed with the rest. TLG had his opinion, laboured it a little too far on here imho with the attendance bashing nonsense, but otherwise he made his decision and stuck to it, for whatever reasons he had.

I think time and events back up the point in your 3rd sentence. I still maintain that the temporary red kit was simply the icing on the cake for a lot of the old 'faces' (not in the hoolie sense). The move from NP to the CCS, the saturation / sterility of 'modern' football, growing up and other family / work / travel commitments all hit home for a few well known posters on here who chose to no longer go, as it does to us all from time to time.

The persistent anti Tan stance is completely unnecessary however, imo.

Anyone remember these very dark days?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39126425

I do. Very well. And I wouldn't wish them on any football fan. But it's happening right now to Leyton Orient and no matter what you think of Tan, he rescued us from this very situation which was happening seemingly weekly. That is fact.
    Last edited by Arfur Europe; 02-03-17 at 21:26.

(and Feedback for that matter) back in the fold both on here
    Feedback has never really gone, he has always been on here under different names

In what kind of parallel universe do we exist, where Croesy remains banned yet Chris and the wurzel aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    In what kind of parallel universe do we exist, where Croesy remains banned yet Chris and the wurzel aren't?
    you would only want to pick on croesy again if he was reinstated

when all the flowers have been removed only the weeds remain.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Feedback has never really gone, he has always been on here under different names
    He will probably argue about that.

I was backing you up on your first point. It's an old saying in itself.

Agreed with the rest. TLG had his opinion, laboured it a little too far on here imho with the attendance bashing nonsense, but otherwise he made his decision and stuck to it, for whatever reasons he had.

I think time and events back up the point in your 3rd sentence. I still maintain that the temporary red kit was simply the icing on the cake for a lot of the old 'faces' (not in the hoolie sense). The move from NP to the CCS, the saturation / sterility of 'modern' football, growing up and other family / work / travel commitments all hit home for a few well known posters on here who chose to no longer go, as it does to us all from time to time.

The persistent anti Tan stance is completely unnecessary however, imo.

Anyone remember these very dark days?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39126425

I do. Very well. And I wouldn't wish them on any football fan. But it's happening right now to Leyton Orient and no matter what you think of Tan, he rescued us from this very situation which was happening seemingly weekly. That is fact.
    Depends on your viewpoint. Considering his remaining ambivalence to CCFC, TLG probably feels Tan already killed off the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Depends on your viewpoint. Considering his remaining ambivalence to CCFC, TLG probably feels Tan already killed off the club.
    I suspect TLG's feelings run a bit deeper than that. From what I've read of his previous posts on the subject, it's pretty clear that he feels let down, or disengaged from those that he felt didn't share his stance, particularly those who actively embraced the red shite. Arguably, that's a bigger issue for him to overcome.

Additionally, once you've walked away, it's much harder to come back. In my case, I used to be a passionate supporter of the Cardiff Devils and made some good friends there, but mainly due to their previous ownership issues walked away. Those issues have been resolved, yet my passion and interest have gone. I doubt I could name a single one of their players now if my life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I suspect TLG's feelings run a bit deeper than that. From what I've read of his previous posts on the subject, it's pretty clear that he feels let down, or disengaged from those that he felt didn't share his stance, particularly those who actively embraced the red shite. Arguably, that's a bigger issue for him to overcome.

Additionally, once you've walked away, it's much harder to come back. In my case, I used to be a passionate supporter of the Cardiff Devils and made some good friends there, but mainly due to their previous ownership issues walked away. Those issues have been resolved, yet my passion and interest have gone. I doubt I could name a single one of their players now if my life depended on it.
    I know a few people who stopped going and just lost interest during that period. These are people who watched us regularly in the lower leagues, travelling long-distance to do so. But the whole affair made them look at the club differently and the break just introduced them to other interests (not DIY like). Have moved on and seem to have no real desire to come back now we're back in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I know a few people who stopped going and just lost interest during that period. These are people who watched us regularly in the lower leagues, travelling long-distance to do so. But the whole affair made them look at the club differently and the break just introduced them to other interests (not DIY like). Have moved on and seem to have no real desire to come back now we're back in blue.
    This is definitely the case. I played football during my 20s on a Saturday so I was obviously unable to attend regularly during that time and you inevitability lose interest a little.

If they came to a few games and they were good entertaining games then they would probably get their appetite back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    This is definitely the case. I played football during my 20s on a Saturday so I was obviously unable to attend regularly during that time and you inevitability lose interest a little.

If they came to a few games and they were good entertaining games then they would probably get their appetite back in time.
    It's the desire to want to go back and keep going back that's the problem. Something has to happen to get their bug back. Mine was I wanted to spend time with my Dad on a Saturday and as soon as we went back to blue, I could tolerate Tan (just about) and time is a pretty good healer! I think we saw the effect of the rebrand under Slade whereby the casual fans had stopped going because the football was shit, and a lot of diehard fans had stopped after the rebrand. Regardless of what happened, Tan acted appalling during it with his "customers" and "they'll be replaced" comments, and I won't even mention the Jim White interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Like buses, wait for ages and two pricks turn up together.
    I always thought Steve R was ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I always thought Steve R was ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's the desire to want to go back and keep going back that's the problem. Something has to happen to get their bug back. Mine was I wanted to spend time with my Dad on a Saturday and as soon as we went back to blue, I could tolerate Tan (just about) and time is a pretty good healer! I think we saw the effect of the rebrand under Slade whereby the casual fans had stopped going because the football was shit, and a lot of diehard fans had stopped after the rebrand. Regardless of what happened, Tan acted appalling during it with his "customers" and "they'll be replaced" comments, and I won't even mention the Jim White interview.
    I totally agree with everything you say above but i would also add that fans on both side of the argument (myself included) didn't cover themselves in glory and failed to entertain the "others side" if the argument.

Battle lines were drawn and throw in the internet and a couple of WUMs and you've got a dangerous cocktail.

Thankfully we are now seeing the first shoots of recovery at this club and i hope many can bury the hatchet and return to watching the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They will probably argue about that.
    FYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    What a stone cold pleasure it is to see somebody stick to morals and principles.

TLG has my admiration.
    That's good to hear. I understand he thinks you're a ****.