+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lone Gunman

The Lone Gunman

I read the comments section on TOBW blog earlier and someone commented that the lone gunman came to the game on Saturday.

I couldn't give a shit that he said that he wouldn't come back into the stadium while Tan is still here (if indeed he did say that)
    it would great to see him following the club again.

Surely he must have enjoyed that on Saturday if he was there?

Re: The Lone Gunman

Well good for him if he did. Must have been a right pain in the knob to give up something he clearly loved so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well good for him if he did. Must have been a right pain in the knob to give up something he clearly loved so much.
    Agree with that Colonel.
    I got a lot of time for the Gunman and I never did understand the shit he got on here.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I read the comments section on TOBW blog earlier and someone commented that the lone gunman came to the game on Saturday.

I couldn't give a shit that he said that he wouldn't come back into the stadium while Tan is still here (if indeed he did say that)
    it would great to see him following the club again.

Surely he must have enjoyed that on Saturday if he was there?
    He was there, I saw him. I was surprised.

I miss his posts on here. A fantastic writer and his subtle quick wit was amazing. I didn't always agree with him but that's life.

Enjoyed the spider blog too very much.

Hopefully he'll return.

Hear , hear he's up there with TOBW and Lormski

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I miss his posts on here. A fantastic writer and his subtle quick wit was amazing. I didn't always agree with him but that's life.

Hopefully he'll return.
    I second that and would love see his blog return, acerbic wit and all!

C'mon Dave you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

Hopefully he'll return.
    Hear, hear.

Oswald was a great contributor.

He was there just two rows in front of me. Seemed to enjoy himself so who knows ?

Agree that he took unnecessary flack on here for sticking to his values, probably from some who haven't bothered over the last year or two themselves.

Hope he enjoyed Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Agree that he took unnecessary flack on here for sticking to his values, probably from some who haven't bothered over the last year or two themselves.

People weren't giving him flack for "sticking to his values", what sort of lunatic would do that?

He threw mud and got some thrown back at him, it's good he's going to games again but let's not pretend he's a saint for no reason.

Weirdly instagram just suggested I might like to follow him.

Glad he's back enjoying the game, though I'm not surprised he's not been on here to tell everybody.

I missed him, but my mates told me he was there.
    Glad he's back, top man!

He had a major blip before his renaissance last Saturday by becoming a regular at Cardiff Blues matches for an extended period. Perhaps more surprising was that he was seen in the company of a retailer of crappy furniture on occasions.

He also embraced the culture at Clwb Ifor Bach on matchdays, so much so that he can sing Delilah with gusto while stood on one leg with a full pint balancing on his head without spilling a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

He obviously hasn't stuck to his values if he was there on Saturday.

Perhaps not, but like the outlaw Josey Wales he was amongst the last of the holdouts.

Does Alfie Sherwood go these days?

Welcome back TLG

I spoke to Dave before and after the game he was with Mark Watkin`s wife , Mark and Dave were very close.
    He told me he enjoyed the game.
    I wish he would come back but that is his choice I respect it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I spoke to Dave before and after the game he was with Mark Watkin`s wife , Mark and Dave were very close.
    He told me he enjoyed the game.
    I wish he would come back but that is his choice I respect it either way.
    That is both commendable and touching that he went with Marks wife. Hopefully it will sink in that being so bitter over something as trivial as a shirt colour is hardly worth it when you look at the bigger picture.
    It was only ever gonna be a stop at a crazy station on the never ending train ride that is Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It was only ever gonna be a stop at a crazy station on the never ending train ride that is Cardiff City.
    Great punchline

So weird yesterday After reading Bob's blog I was thinking it'd be good to have a TLG blog on the current optimism around the club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Agree with that Colonel.
    I got a lot of time for the Gunman and I never did understand the shit he got on here.
    Is it anything to do with the fact that his very well informed posts slowly turned to rude, patronising and condescending rubbish, do you think?

There will be more rejoicing over one sinner who repents than over ninety nine righteous people who do not need to,welcome back and if you can drag about ten thousand others with you that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    There will be more rejoicing over one sinner who repents than over ninety nine righteous people who do not need to,welcome back and if you can drag about ten thousand others with you that would be great
    That didn't last long.