+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lone Gunman

Re: The Lone Gunman

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I imagine everyone who reads your posts can see why.
    See you Jimmy! Easy to wind up people like you low IQ alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    How can you think that post of his is him being wound up?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How can you think that post of his is him being wound up?
    Another one easily wound up. Obvs

None of you noticed I was there

It was my first game back after missing the 3 previous ones!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Welcome back BlueArmy 86.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    All the deserters are coming back cap in hand 🤔. (Only kidding)!

What makes you think you have to share your IQ level with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    What makes you think you have to share your IQ level with us?
    I rest my case! Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was indeed at Saturday's game. As mentioned by Insider, I was with Mark's wife Irene. Since his death in mid-January, our friend Mike has been accompanying Irene to home matches, but he was away last weekend so I joined her instead.

It was a terrific game which could have ended up any score. Fulham were much the superior side in technical terms and had most of the possession, but their defence looked distinctly lightweight throughout. City, meanwhile, worked extremely hard all over the field and were a threat every time they got forward. It made for some great entertainment.

Two big mysteries: firstly, why isn't Fulham's Tom Cairney playing in the Premier League? To me, he looked the best player on the field by a distance and seems to have everything a top-flight midfielder needs. I'll be surprised if he's still at Fulham next season. Secondly, what on earth has happened to Kenneth Zahore? When I watched him play against Bristol Rovers in a televised cup game earlier in the season, it looked like City were short of numbers and fielding their groundsman. He appeared pretty much hopeless against Burton in January too, but seemed a different player altogether on Saturday. Fulham's defence couldn't handle him at all. Not only was he an imposing physical presence, but his touch on the ball and hold-up play was also very good. He's obviously undergone quite a transformation in recent weeks.

Saturday was in fact my fourth Cardiff game this season. I went away with my mates to Fulham in August and sat in the neutral section of the Putney End Stand. The first half was a tedious affair but the second was reasonably entertaining. I also travelled up to Burton with the lads in October. The less said about that rubbish the better. Following Mark's death in January, I was asked to write a eulogy for the programme for the Burton home game and to supply the photos for the stadium's big screen tributes. On the day, I was among Irene's guests up on level four of the Grandstand (she was given a batch of tickets for friends and family by the club, whose staff did a great job). The first half was genuinely one of the most boring exhibitions of football I've ever seen, so I stayed in the bar for the second.

I'm likely to be accompanying Irene at another game or two before the season has finished but I won't be buying myself a ticket any time soon. Vincent Tan would have to depart in order for that to happen. It's been great to catch up with so many old friends at the matches I have attended and Saturday's game was a cracker, but it's likely to be a long time before I'm anything like a regular again.
    Tan seems all but an abstract concept these days. He never attends matches and his visible legacy seems to only be the ragworm on the badge, the red seats in the new stand and the Visit Malaysia ads and sponsorship. As the club is losing money any income received from additional tickets sold will hardly go into his pockets - and there is definitely a feelgood factor now even though the purse strings are relatively tight.

I rest my case! Oh dear
    You are without doubt the most unfunny poster on here we've ever had.
    All you do day after day is make a tit out of yourself. But hey, that's ok as long as you think you are funny.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I think its moving and very touching that people hold others like TLG, in particular, in such high regard that they are warmed by his returning and happy to embrace him within the fold that is CCMB

You are genuine and feeling human beings and we are all made more rich by your outpourings even though given the title of the thread some of it has gone a little left of topic

It reminds me why I felt so attached to this group in the first place

What a stone cold pleasure it is to see somebody stick to morals and principles.

TLG has my admiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

TLG has my admiration.
    This probably means the world to him.

What a stone cold pleasure it is to see somebody stick to morals and principles.

TLG has my admiration.
    totally agree a rose standing between many thorns.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    totally agree a rose standing between many thorns.
    Talking of pricks......

He must have enjoyed the room you get these days.
    With the current crowds I think everyone gets 4 seats each....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Talking of pricks......
    Like buses, wait for ages and two pricks turn up together.

I bet it'll be jam packed at TG next season when the likes of Rochdale and Gillingham come to town. It'll be nice for you to be at your natural level. Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I bet it'll be jam packed at TG next season when the likes of Rochdale and Gillingham come to town. It'll be nice for you to be at your natural level. Bless.
    He wont go. He ll watch James Corden repeats while munching on a big mac and fries.

You have to be completely beyond deluded to think a Bristol City fan can take the piss.

there is more pricks on here than a second hand dartboard.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    there is more pricks on here than a second hand dartboard.
    The old ones are always the best

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The old ones are always the best
    The old ones are still the old ones.

For the record, I too used to enjoy the posts from, and banter with TLG. I rarely agreed with him and yes, he was turned inside out during the Hammam era bless him and was proven wrong on several occasions on here, but a la Feedback, would never admit to it.

It would be good to have him (and Feedback for that matter) back in the fold both on here and at the games. But I do wonder what his cyber profile must really be like for him to attract the likes of Jurssett and Chris as sycophants

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the match TLG as I understand you were very close to Mark for decades so the grief must've been tremendous :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    The old ones are still the old ones.

For the record, I too used to enjoy the posts from, and banter with TLG. I rarely agreed with him and yes, he was turned inside out during the Hammam era bless him and was proven wrong on several occasions on here, but a la Feedback, would never admit to it.

It would be good to have him (and Feedback for that matter) back in the fold both on here and at the games. But I do wonder what his cyber profile must really be like for him to attract the likes of Jurssett and Chris as sycophants

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the match TLG as I understand you were very close to Mark for decades so the grief must've been tremendous :-(
    I was alluding to Chris razor sharp wit.

I have never been one to indulge TLG post rebrand as he has come across very bitter (maybe as the rebrand hurt him).

However it was evident before hand that he had a strong affinity for the club and I'd like to think that life is too short to miss out on something you enjoy cos you once said you would never attend.

He was never a club basher like some pre rebrand and often defended the club when Sam Hamman was peddling his bollocks through Carl and co.

He does offer some good footballing insights when he posts and it would good to hear of him (and others like Alfie Sherwood and even Jirga) once again following the club they formerly loved.