Our bad sequence of results.
    Poppycock.

Re: The Lone Gunman

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Poppycock.
    10 points in 4 games!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That is both commendable and touching that he went with Marks wife. Hopefully it will sink in that being so bitter over something as trivial as a shirt colour is hardly worth it when you look at the bigger picture.
    It was only ever gonna be a stop at a crazy station on the never ending train ride that is Cardiff City.
    Maybe that station was his stop to get off

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    People weren't giving him flack for "sticking to his values", what sort of lunatic would do that?

He threw mud and got some thrown back at him, it's good he's going to games again but let's not pretend he's a saint for no reason.

This is about right

I was indeed at Saturday's game. As mentioned by Insider, I was with Mark's wife Irene. Since his death in mid-January, our friend Mike has been accompanying Irene to home matches, but he was away last weekend so I joined her instead.

It was a terrific game which could have ended up any score. Fulham were much the superior side in technical terms and had most of the possession, but their defence looked distinctly lightweight throughout. City, meanwhile, worked extremely hard all over the field and were a threat every time they got forward. It made for some great entertainment.

Two big mysteries: firstly, why isn't Fulham's Tom Cairney playing in the Premier League? To me, he looked the best player on the field by a distance and seems to have everything a top-flight midfielder needs. I'll be surprised if he's still at Fulham next season. Secondly, what on earth has happened to Kenneth Zahore? When I watched him play against Bristol Rovers in a televised cup game earlier in the season, it looked like City were short of numbers and fielding their groundsman. He appeared pretty much hopeless against Burton in January too, but seemed a different player altogether on Saturday. Fulham's defence couldn't handle him at all. Not only was he an imposing physical presence, but his touch on the ball and hold-up play was also very good. He's obviously undergone quite a transformation in recent weeks.

Saturday was in fact my fourth Cardiff game this season. I went away with my mates to Fulham in August and sat in the neutral section of the Putney End Stand. The first half was a tedious affair but the second was reasonably entertaining. I also travelled up to Burton with the lads in October. The less said about that rubbish the better. Following Mark's death in January, I was asked to write a eulogy for the programme for the Burton home game and to supply the photos for the stadium's big screen tributes. On the day, I was among Irene's guests up on level four of the Grandstand (she was given a batch of tickets for friends and family by the club, whose staff did a great job). The first half was genuinely one of the most boring exhibitions of football I've ever seen, so I stayed in the bar for the second.

I'm likely to be accompanying Irene at another game or two before the season has finished but I won't be buying myself a ticket any time soon. Vincent Tan would have to depart in order for that to happen. It's been great to catch up with so many old friends at the matches I have attended and Saturday's game was a cracker, but it's likely to be a long time before I'm anything like a regular again.
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 01-03-17 at 06:34.

Good to hear from you again Dave - you will see that you have not lost your extraordinary ability to generate replies and viewings on here, even in threads which you don't contribute to for a couple of days!

Glad to see that you're taking in the odd game now and again and can tell you that, while you still get the odd stinker of a game when you watch Warnock's City team, they tend to be nearer the Fulham end of the spectrum than the Burton one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was indeed at Saturday's game. As mentioned by Insider, I was with Mark's wife Irene. Since his death in mid-January, our friend Mike has been accompanying Irene to home matches, but he was away last weekend so I joined her instead.

It was a terrific game which could have ended up any score. Fulham were much the superior side in technical terms and had most of the possession, but their defence looked distinctly lightweight throughout. City, meanwhile, worked extremely hard all over the field and were a threat every time they got forward. It made for some great entertainment.

Two big mysteries: firstly, why isn't Fulham's Tom Cairney playing in the Premier League? To me, he looked the best player on the field by a distance and seems to have everything a top-flight midfielder needs. I'll be surprised if he's still at Fulham next season. Secondly, what on earth has happened to Kenneth Zahore? When I watched him play against Bristol Rovers in a televised cup game earlier in the season, it looked like City were short of numbers and fielding their groundsman. He appeared pretty much hopeless against Burton in January too, but seemed a different player altogether on Saturday. Fulham's defence couldn't handle him at all. Not only was he an imposing physical presence, but his touch on the ball and hold-up play was also very good. He's obviously undergone quite a transformation in recent weeks.

Saturday was in fact my fourth Cardiff game this season. I went away with my mates to Fulham in August and sat in the neutral section of the Putney End Stand. The first half was a tedious affair but the second was reasonably entertaining. I also travelled up to Burton with the lads in October. The less said about that rubbish the better. Following Mark's death in January, I was asked to write a eulogy for the programme for the Burton home game and to supply the photos for the stadium's big screen tributes. On the day, I was among Irene's guests up on level four of the Grandstand (she was given a batch of tickets for friends and family by the club, whose staff did a great job). The first half was genuinely one of the most boring exhibitions of football I've ever seen, so I stayed in the bar for the second.

I'm likely to be accompanying Irene at another game or two before the season has finished but I won't be buying myself a ticket any time soon. Vincent Tan would have to depart in order for that to happen. It's been great to catch up with so many old friends at the matches I have attended and Saturday's game was a cracker, but it's likely to be a long time before I'm anything like a regular again.
    Fook me. A modern day Hans Christian Anderson tale. Your stance was commendable but even Stevie Wonder can see your pining for a full on return.
    It's only football. Nothing more nothing less. Bite the bullet, let go of your bitterness toward Tan and get back down the city you tart.👍

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;4722956]I was indeed at Saturday's game. As mentioned by Insider, I was with Mark's wife Irene. Since his death in mid-January, our friend Mike has been accompanying Irene to home matches, but he was away last weekend so I joined her instead.

My thoughts as well and I've watched him lots. I thought if you took the bad bits of Andreas Cornelius and Rudy Gestede you'd get Kenny Zahore. I can't understand how he's transformed from that into the strong, quick, lethal finisher we are seeing now. Credit to him and I'll admit it appears I was very wrong.

It's Kenneth Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's Kenneth Zohore
    Ah I understand now - we sold the rubbish guy and signed this Zohore fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Ah I understand now - we sold the rubbish guy and signed this Zohore fella.
    And some Icelandic guy with no beard.

[QU. Credit to him and I'll admit it appears I was very wrong.[/QUOTE]

Why were you wrong? He was shit , now he is brilliant.

He has transformed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    And some Icelandic guy with no beard.
    Once again he was shit, now he is a very useful player in our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

This message board misses you more than the city. Decent football knowledge written in an acerbic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    This message board misses you more than the city. Decent football knowledge written in an acerbic manner.
    I imagine his house is like a palace now too. Could do with some football to break up the monotony of the DIY.

I don't miss the misguided nerd one bit

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    I don't miss the misguided nerd one bit
    I imagine everyone who reads your posts can see why.

Aside from his knowledgeable football posts he had an amusing array of put-downs such as pissant, obsequious little runt and thick as yesterday's porridge. He needs to return for plenty more bish, bash, bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Aside from his knowledgeable football posts he had an amusing array of put-downs such as pissant, obsequious little runt and thick as yesterday's porridge. He needs to return for plenty more bish, bash, bosh.
    He could bite but what else would you expect from an arachnologist.

Zohore has been brilliant since the days when he was Zahore, if only Tan become Ton, TLG would be back like a shat

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;4722956]I was indeed at Saturday's game. As mentioned by Insider, I was with Mark's wife Irene. Since his death in mid-January, our friend Mike has been accompanying Irene to home matches, but he was away last weekend so I joined her instead.

I'm likely to be accompanying Irene at another game or two before the season has finished but I won't be buying myself a ticket any time soon. Vincent Tan would have to depart in order for that to happen. It's been great to catch up with so many old friends at the matches I have attended and Saturday's game was a cracker, but it's likely to be a long time before
    ""there are no more heroes"". Great chat on Saturday
    Last edited by life on mars; 01-03-17 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I imagine his house is like a palace now too. Could do with some football to break up the monotony of the DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Zohore has been brilliant since the days when he was Zahore, if only Tan become Ton, TLG would be back like a shat

TBH, I don't think he will be too interested in this.