+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Only 23 years???

Re: Only 23 years???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Guantanmo Bay.
    Not sure if you are joking or not ? ? ? ?

But why the hell not, Lardy has pointed out the costs of keeping a prisoner inside, the camp is open, this guy has no purpose to society ( well not a civilised society anyway ) of course the answer is bring back the death penalty for crimes like this that are 100 % nailed on, with CCTV etc etc ( but the Liberals will not have that )
    Last edited by blue matt; 28-02-17 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I know it's easier said than done, but I don't think I could have stood by and done nothing.
    Surely it would be human nature to chase after him and distract him anyway you can.
    In today's society people would rather pull Thier phones out and film it so they can get lots of hits on YouTube, than trying to help out. ****ed up world we live in

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I know it's easier said than done, but I don't think I could have stood by and done nothing.
    Surely it would be human nature to chase after him and distract him anyway you can.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

I always find it amusing when people say prison sentences are too short or prisons are too easy. Too easy/short for who? If you told me I was spending a week in prison I would make a mess of my trousers.

The families of the deceased are angry about the sentence handed down.

Cardiff Queen Street murders: Victims' families 'bitterly disappointed' with sentence - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ctims-12670496

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Cardiff Queen Street murders: Victims' families 'bitterly disappointed' with sentence - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ctims-12670496
    and so they should, as are most of us

The 21-year-old was jailed for life with a minimum term of 23 years and four months after he admitted stabbing ex-girlfriend Zoe Morgan and her new partner Lee Simmons to death.

Mrs Justice Nicola Davies said: “Having taken account of the aggravating and mitigating factors, the starting point for the minimum term of custody is 28 years.”

She said she could give the defendant credit of one sixth for the fact he pleaded guilty to the offences.

The judge sentenced Saunders to life in prison, with a minimum term of 23 years and four months, giving credit for 151 days in custody.

so he could get parole at the age of 44 & 1/2 years old

I know he will then face the inconvenience of trekking into town to " check in weekly with his officer ", but he could be under 45 years old and released its bloody crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Bet they are, a single pre meditated murder would usually get you 20 years at least, just 3 years fir the other one....

Premeditated double murder. In the US he would get over 100 years. Life means life over there, and in this case it would be justified. Shocking sentence in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    as i said, Take a life, give up yours, spend it inside till you die, I know thats a " pretty right wing notion " for you

at least you didnt ask " was society to blame and what could we have done more in this situation "
    I wasn't giving my opinion, just clarifying that they don't " wal'k free " at the end of the minimum term as some might think.

I seem to have upset you by saying this

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I wasn't giving my opinion, just clarifying that they don't " wal'k free " at the end of the minimum term as some might think.

I seem to have upset you by saying this
    Surely the point is that he's 'free' to make some sort of life for himself when he gets out of prison?

Unlike the two young people that have no life thanks to his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Surely the point is that he's 'free' to make some sort of life for himself when he gets out of prison?

Unlike the two young people that have no life thanks to his actions.
    Yeah of course. I'm not an advocate of the system, just saying how it is. I'd like him to live a long and miserable life behind bars.

They say that you can judge a society on the way it treats its criminals. That's true.
    Here in The U.K. We are a soft centred, liberal bunch of yellow bellied tossers to allow sentences like that for Kuntz like him.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 01-03-17 at 03:25. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    and so they should, as are most of us

The 21-year-old was jailed for life with a minimum term of 23 years and four months after he admitted stabbing ex-girlfriend Zoe Morgan and her new partner Lee Simmons to death.

Mrs Justice Nicola Davies said: “Having taken account of the aggravating and mitigating factors, the starting point for the minimum term of custody is 28 years.”

She said she could give the defendant credit of one sixth for the fact he pleaded guilty to the offences.

The judge sentenced Saunders to life in prison, with a minimum term of 23 years and four months, giving credit for 151 days in custody.

so he could get parole at the age of 44 & 1/2 years old

I know he will then face the inconvenience of trekking into town to " check in weekly with his officer ", but he could be under 45 years old and released its bloody crazy
    It's minimum 23 years, no way is a person who committed a premeditated double murder getting parole after only 23 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Premeditated double murder. In the US he would get over 100 years. Life means life over there, and in this case it would be justified. Shocking sentence in my opinion..
    While I hope this guy never gets out I'm glad our prison system is nothing like it is in the US.

Privately run for profit prisons that have a quota to fill and the maximum security prisons are disgusting places.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    They say that you can judge a society on the way it treats its criminals. That's true.
    Here in The U.K. We are a soft centred, liberal bunch of yellow bellied tossers to allow sentences like that for Kuntz like him.
    Are people missing the word "minimum" on purpose so they can go on weird buzzword rants like this? He won't be making it out after 23 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    While I hope this guy never gets out I'm glad our prison system is nothing like it is in the US.

Privately run for profit prisons that have a quota to fill and the maximum security prisons are disgusting places.
    Would you rather they were like Dorchester?

Are people missing the word "minimum" on purpose so they can go on weird buzzword rants like this? He won't be making it out after 23 years.
    He'll be out before he's 60. Are they buzz words as well?

Sounds short. Anyone wishing we would adopt a more 'American' approach to law enforcement or incarceration is bonkers though.

Would you rather they were like Dorchester?
    No but I'd rather they weren't like zoos that were ripe with rape, racism and gang crime that does nothing but encourages crime.

He'll be out before he's 60. Are they buzz words as well?
    I agree he should be in for life but he's not only going to get 23 years.

British prison system has become a shambles. Probably have a higher suicide rate per head than america. Bullying and drug abuse is rife, gangs run most of the prisons in Britain now. Not much difference than american prisons tbh. In fact, I'd feel safer in an american federal prison than i would in most cat a, b british prisons.....which are becoming as bad as state prisons in the u.s.a

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    British prison system has become a shambles. Probably have a higher suicide rate per head than america. Bullying and drug abuse is rife, gangs run most of the prisons in Britain now. Not much difference than american prisons tbh. In fact, I'd feel safer in an american federal prison than i would in most cat a, b british prisons.....which are becoming as bad as state prisons in the u.s.a
    I didn't realise it was so bad, the media would have us believe they're like hotels.

I think the problem most people have, is the fact that he's actually been given the chance to get out while still pretty young......and if hes a model prisoner and goes to all the caurses and therapypy sessions he's told to, then there's a good chance he will get out after his minimum tarri or soon after. Just look at claire hoods killer.....out after only 17 years, with most of his life ahead of him

I think the problem most people have, is the fact that he's actually been given the chance to get out while still pretty young......and if hes a model prisoner and goes to all the caurses and therapypy sessions he's told to, then there's a good chance he will get out after his minimum tarri or soon after. Just look at claire hoods killer.....out after only 17 years, with most of his life ahead of him
    I agree that's terrible and I'm all for life meaning life I just think people often over react to these sort of stories because they think he'll be out in 23 years.

I didn't realise it was so bad, the media would have us believe they're like hotels.
    They've become a real melting pot mate.overcrowded, under staffed. They need a massive overhaul of the prison system...before they totally lose control. Violence is rife, and the screws can't cope. All this European human rights stuff hasent helped. Its hard to maintain discipline when you know if you so much as breath on an inmate, you could get sued

They've become a real melting pot mate.overcrowded, under staffed. They need a massive overhaul of the prison system...before they totally lose control. Violence is rife, and the screws can't cope. All this European human rights stuff hasent helped. Its hard to maintain discipline when you know if you so much as breath on an inmate, you could get sued
    mentt to say powder keg lol