+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Only 23 years???

Re: Only 23 years???

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A quick fact check will tell that's wrong too, as well as the fact that on average 4% of people on death row are innocent. So let's say at the moment there are 3000 people on death row in the states about 120 of them are innocent. Is it worth that much loss of innocent life purely for revenge?

Also the US with capital punishment has a much higher murder rate than the uk that doesn't have capital punishment.

Again you aren't addressing any points of the debate other than you think very bad people should killed, can you give me another pro of capital punishment? I'm always interested to have my opinion changed.
    i am talking about no reasonable doubt whatsoever , when all the evidence as been processed

if hindley , brady, sutcliffe, allitt, and many more, had been convicted and sentenced and been sat in a state penitentiary in louisiana, they would all have been six feet under by now.

There are very few cases which are beyond reasonable doubt and how can you decide which are and aren't? As I've said before innocent men have spent 20+ years in prison for crimes they didn't commit, innocent men have been put to death in the uk and pardoned 50 years later.

Think how stupid the average person is, then think on a jury there is a good chance of third of them are even stupider, would you be happy with these people deciding on your fate?

There are innocent men and women in prison as we speak that people think did the crime beyond reasonable doubt. There are 4% of death row on average who are innocent who have been convicted beyond reasonable doubt.

Saying we'll only kill people who are guilty beyond reasonable doubt isn't a very good argument because beyond reasonable doubt can be wrong. Ched Evans spent a few years in prison because he was guilt beyond reasonable doubt, how did that end up?

There are very few cases which are beyond reasonable doubt and how can you decide which are and aren't? As I've said before innocent men have spent 20+ years in prison for crimes they didn't commit, innocent men have been put to death in the uk and pardoned 50 years later.

Think how stupid the average person is, then think on a jury there is a good chance of third of them are even stupider, would you be happy with these people deciding on your fate?

There are innocent men and women in prison as we speak that people think did the crime beyond reasonable doubt. There are 4% of death row on average who are innocent who have been convicted beyond reasonable doubt.

Saying we'll only kill people who are guilty beyond reasonable doubt isn't a very good argument because beyond reasonable doubt can be wrong. Ched Evans spent a few years in prison because he was guilt beyond reasonable doubt, how did that end up?
    so you are saying, hindley, allitt, brady, sutcliffe, are innocent

they are tried and tested, hundred per cent guilty. the worms should be nibbling away at them right now. get real fella.
    Last edited by chris; 08-03-17 at 17:53.

I'm not saying they are no, I'm saying if we start killing people like them there is a good chance we'll kill someone who is innocent. I've also given about 6 other points as to why I think it shouldn't be legal but I don't think you read anything, you just post laughing smileys in the wrong places instead.

so

in this case, where they have CCTV from various angles of the guy slaying two people in the street, one of them begging for her life, he searched online " how long do you get for murder "

do we have any doubt that he killed them both ? ? ?

If the answer is " no " then why not put him to sleep ? ? ?

I'm not saying they are no, I'm saying if we start killing people like them there is a good chance we'll kill someone who is innocent. I've also given about 6 other points as to why I think it shouldn't be legal but I don't think you read anything, you just post laughing smileys in the wrong places instead.
    i have said countless times, when there is irrefutable evidence, the killers should face the death penalty , all of the criminals i have mentioned and many more fall into that category

when there is doubt and i know mistakes have been made in the past then fair enough , but you have got to draw a line somewhere after a period of time .

by your logic we would have to be building prisons at the rate we build houses to keep everybody locked up the public purse is far better spent on better things like the nhs, housing, education, etc, than keeping convicted monsters locked up in relative comfort behind bars for the rest of their lives, while we have people sleeping on the streets wondering where their next meal is coming from

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the death penalty was abolished in the 1950,s sunshine, a very long time ago, we live in a completely different world nowadays.
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...g+in+britain&*

its like the immigration argument, when everyone was slagging farage and ukip off, for saying they was too many immigrants coming to britain. he was proved right in the end. eventually reality kicks in. now suddenly people are starting to realise the truth and what is happening to this country. half of europe is going exactly the same way.

its like the immigration argument, when everyone was slagging farage and ukip off, for saying they was too many immigrants coming to britain. he was proved right in the end. eventually reality kicks in. now suddenly people are starting to realise the truth and what is happening to this country. half of europe is going exactly the same way.

"half of europe"
    Reminds me of a joke

i am talking about no reasonable doubt whatsoever , when all the evidence as been processed

if hindley , brady, sutcliffe, allitt, and many more, had been convicted and sentenced and been sat in a state penitentiary in louisiana, they would all have been six feet under by now.
    If there was reasonable doubt, they wouldn't be convicted in the first place you spanner

some convicted for life would prefer death, and others would prefer to live tilll the end of their days in captivity it all depends on the individual itself .

what i am saying is i think the public in general would want capital punishment introduced especially for child killers and mass murderers , they see life imprisonment as no kind of punishment for the crimes they have committed .

what you have got to realise is they are not fed on bread and water anymore and put in a crumbling stone cold cell , sutcliffe , brady and many more are kept isolated from the rest of the prison population and might as well have been living in the holiday inn for the last 30 - 40 years they are certainly not suffering in any way shape or form like they should be.
    I'd rather spend a few hours in an iron maiden, before being hung, drawn and quartered, as opposed to spending 30-40 years in a Holiday Inn. That would drive even the strongest of minds completely mad within the first couple of years.