+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What team in Europe would you recommned seeing at home (and where tickets are easily available)?

Re: What team in Europe would you recommned seeing at home (and where tickets are easily available)?

Cardiff City
    A few of mates have been to Germany to see a game but to be honest I`d glaze over watching anyone I could n`t give a shite about.

Re: What team in Europe would you recommned seeing at home (and where tickets are easily available)?

If you want a proper local derby with a bit of an edge, then go see Greenock Morton vs St Mirren in the Scottish championship, and I'm not joking.

If you're looking for a real atmosphere, with a bit of an edge, then youre probably beter off giving the top tier leagues a swerve and looking at the lower leagues around europe....croatia, poland etc second or third division teams usually have the most volatile edgy atmospheres. I've been to quite a few top tier club games around europe, and they dont come close

Many thanks for all your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I got the impression that there were a lot of floating fans, so with the stadium that big, maybe it can easily be poor too. The wall behind the goal was impressive. Also it was fun to get battered during a game though.

Union are next for me.
    Philadelphia Union? Supposed to be a pretty decent atmosphere down there.

Krakow to watch Cracovia or Wisla Krakow (the derby between them is supposed to be something).

I was there last year and watched Cracovia win 1 - 0. First time visitors to the City get a ticket for 1 zloty (20p)

Great view, Ultras behind one of the goals, beer and sausage while watching the game. Lovely.

cracovia.jpg

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    After my disappointing sojourn to see Barcelona last month (a total lack of atmosphere for a crowd of more than 80,000) I fancy doing a trip somewhere every season with footy included.

I have been to the San Siro (albeit to watch Italy v Wales) and, in recent years, Gladbach at home - but am wondering if any of you have any recommendations, especially at a venue where ticket availability isn't too bad.

Juventus? Hertha? Dortmund?
    TROMSO (Norway) ... http://www.til.no/

Brilliant location above Arctic Circle (may see Northern Lights as well)

Fervent fans.

Cheap flights from Gatwick and I recommend Clarion Collection With hotel where breakfast, afternoon waffles and evening meal are included.