+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tan to sell up?

Re: Tan to sell up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It is a bit of a strange article all round. Bloomberg are normally reliable , but this article is not written in their usual business language style. Also they refer to 2015 financial results being a loss of £8m on a turnover figure of £38m when the actual figures were a £4m profit on a £42m turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    It is a bit of a strange article all round. Bloomberg are normally reliable , but this article is not written in their usual business language style. Also they refer to 2015 financial results being a loss of £8m on a turnover figure of £38m when the actual figures were a £4m profit on a £42m turnover.
    It also has the subheading "Bluebirds fans irked by jersey color change from blue to red"

Topical..

Ive seen it mentioned elsewhere that this article is more believable as it has come from the states, but the main named journo is London based.

He tweeted this yesterday.

Tan wants about 50m quid for Cardiff and a profit on his stake in LA, which hasn't even played a game yet!

He doesn't sound that convinced in his own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It's called fear of the unknown. Why wouldn't he be despised for treating the club we love like his own plaything??
    You seem to know a lot about what others are thinking (including me) whilst at the same time showing a distinct inability to accept that others may have a different opinion to you. You may despise Tan (& you are entitled to your opinion) but it is clear that there are others (including me) who do not feel the same way, so to claim that he is 'universally despised' is just not true.

Maybe for some it is indeed a fear of the unknown but can you blame them when you think about the numerous high court appearances before Tan arrived? I genuinely believe that if it was not for the £6m investment in 2010 there was a good chance we would have been would up & the club we love may well have been no more.

Personally I want to look forward & feel that our short/medium term future will be as stable as it has ever been with Tan at the helm so why gamble with that? We have a lovely stadium, Hamman off our backs, a reducing debt, a v good manager & things are looking up on the pitch, lot's of reasons to be optimistic in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

Keith as I have posted before there is a period of 12 months before the Malaysian government will start to allow the procedure to take place, it is a period of a 12 months holding period for External Account holder before ringgit may be converted into foreign currency, that 12 months has just passed so we should see movement before long
    Thanks for responding to me , but it wasn`t my post

The promised debt to equity conversion isn`t a conversion of Malaysian ringgit into foreign currency though. The debt is in £ as will the shareholding be after conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Ive seen it mentioned elsewhere that this article is more believable as it has come from the states, but the main named journo is London based.

He tweeted this yesterday.

Tan wants about 50m quid for Cardiff and a profit on his stake in LA, which hasn't even played a game yet!

He doesn't sound that convinced in his own story.
    Was the source for that London based journalist perhaps a gentleman of Lebanese extraction?

Was the source for that London based journalist perhaps a gentleman of Lebanese extraction?
    I cant imagine anyone who would fit that description..
    I suppose its possible though.

A few of us were wondering the same

More developments - Tan refuses to deny he'll sell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39129428

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    More developments - Tan refuses to deny he'll sell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39129428
    He's not refused to deny he'd sell, he said he would sell if the right offer came in, but currently has no plans to sell.

I don't currently have plans to sell my house but if someone made me an offer I'd at least consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    He's not refused to deny he'd sell, he said he would sell if the right offer came in, but currently has no plans to sell.

I don't currently have plans to sell my house but if someone made me an offer I'd at least consider it.
    To me, that's refusing to deny he'll sell.

Anyway, here's more detail on what he's said - sounds reasonable enough to me.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...n-3601360.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    A few of us were wondering the same
    Yes, exactly JC.
    Spedger

Perfectly reasonable.

CCFC has gone through a rough patch as a result of the actions of a previous manager which are now the subject matter of several legal suits initiated by CCFC.
    Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...5qeOrl71hwu.99

I wonder who he is referring too here.....
    It seems Malky is still high on his radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Perfectly reasonable.

CCFC has gone through a rough patch as a result of the actions of a previous manager which are now the subject matter of several legal suits initiated by CCFC.
    Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...5qeOrl71hwu.99

I wonder who he is referring too here.....
    It seems Malky is still high on his radar.
    He really holds a grudge, doesn't he? Not someone I'd want to cross!

I'd sell my missus if the right offer came in(but don't tell her that!)

I thought that your original post resembled the click bait that is the norm on the dark side as you decided to put a one sided spin on the article.

I found most of what Tan said to be both unsurprising & positive, particularly the bit about only selling to the right person.

For me the only negative bit about the statement is the reference to 'a previous manager' as it comes across as bitter, although admittedly I do not know the full facts. That said, Tan clearly feels that there is a case to answer.

No issue with what VT has said.

I cant see anything for fans, players or NW to be concerned about in his response.
    I do wonder if he is using the opportunity to remind any potential buyers what he has in his cupboard, but then again - he had to counter what was reported.
    By whoever reported it....

Wow, Malky must have reeeeally pee'd him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I thought that your original post resembled the click bait that is the norm on the dark side as you decided to put a one sided spin on the article.

I found most of what Tan said to be both unsurprising & positive, particularly the bit about only selling to the right person.

For me the only negative bit about the statement is the reference to 'a previous manager' as it comes across as bitter, although admittedly I do not know the full facts. That said, Tan clearly feels that there is a case to answer.
    Not sure how what I said qualifies as "click bait" when you have to click on the message to read the bit that was supposed to draw you in - if it was clickbait, then I need lessons in it .

Agree with you on the rest though.

Not sure how what I said qualifies as "click bait" when you have to click on the message to read the bit that was supposed to draw you in - if it was clickbait, then I need lessons in it .

Agree with you on the rest though.

Within your original post you included a link which I had to click on to see the full article & I felt it was more balanced than you suggested, hence click bait..............Not sure what you have to gain from getting me to click on BBC links though

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I'd sell my missus if the right offer came in(but don't tell her that!)
    How much are you looking for, as I may know a few people who would be interested in bidding?

How much are you looking for, as I may know a few people who would be interested in bidding?
    I daren't answer that. Divorces are expensive, so I understand!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    You seem to know a lot about what others are thinking (including me) whilst at the same time showing a distinct inability to accept that others may have a different opinion to you. You may despise Tan (& you are entitled to your opinion) but it is clear that there are others (including me) who do not feel the same way, so to claim that he is 'universally despised' is just not true.

Maybe for some it is indeed a fear of the unknown but can you blame them when you think about the numerous high court appearances before Tan arrived? I genuinely believe that if it was not for the £6m investment in 2010 there was a good chance we would have been would up & the club we love may well have been no more.

Personally I want to look forward & feel that our short/medium term future will be as stable as it has ever been with Tan at the helm so why gamble with that? We have a lovely stadium, Hamman off our backs, a reducing debt, a v good manager & things are looking up on the pitch, lot's of reasons to be optimistic in my mind.
    stockholm syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    stockholm syndrome

I prefer to call it a pragmatic approach

This is all very odd. The article doesn't read quite right, the way it came out, the source etc. Plus the speed at which Dalman and then VT reacted and the language used about receiving and rejecting offers and being open to offers. I think something's afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    This is all very odd. The article doesn't read quite right, the way it came out, the source etc. Plus the speed at which Dalman and then VT reacted and the language used about receiving and rejecting offers and being open to offers. I think something's afoot.

12 inches