+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tan to sell up?

Re: Tan to sell up?

FAKE noooz, FAKE nooooz.

On we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What will Neil Warnock make of this? We are at the start of something good.

Youre right but this is CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What will Neil Warnock make of this? We are at the start of something good.
    We could be on the cusp of something better. Hopefully this is true, Tan has no long term vision and the club is worse than the one he has invested £150,000,000.00 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    If there is any legs in this, I wonder what NW thinks, only a day or two after agreeing a contract extension, presumably based on some assurances made by a fella who is supposedly 'suddenly' on his bike?

That article is rather uninformed regards the current mood of City fans.
    The Red has been long corrected and the fan base are happier than they have been for absolutely ages.
    Perhaps that's the trigger. Or maybe the 'fans unrest' is being used as an excuse.
    Or ..it's all nonsense.
    Maybe Neil Warnock is aware of the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    We could be on the cusp of something better. Hopefully this is true, Tan has no long term vision and the club is worse than the one he has invested £150,000,000.00 in.
    I really hope it is not true. I can't think of anyone who'd be any better for us right now. I don't want mega-bucks invested by a new 'caring' owner - I want us to build the club properly now and Tan shows every sign at present of finally understanding and doing things properly.

We've never had a properly run club in all the years I have followed Cardiff. Right now is the most solid this club has felt in my lifetime, including the early Tan years where it all felt built on sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I really hope it is not true. I can't think of anyone who'd be any better for us right now. I don't want mega-bucks invested by a new 'caring' owner - I want us to build the club properly now and Tan shows every sign at present of finally understanding and doing things properly.

We've never had a properly run club in all the years I have followed Cardiff. Right now is the most solid this club has felt in my lifetime, including the early Tan years where it all felt built on sand.
    We're being "properly" run because Tan has lost interest and FFP prevents the club over spending. The club is still hamstrung because of his first two years.

Be careful what you wish for. I bet there are lot's of clubs who would prefer Vincent Tan at the helm as opposed to their current owners........Blackburn, Coventry, Charlton & Blackpool immediately spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    im going to wait for confirmation from a spanish island
    Since62 on the other board has it spot on in my opinion.....

wez wrote:

Vincent Tan is not looking to sell Cardiff City – despite claims the Bluebirds' Malaysian backer was ready to cash in on the club.
    And instead sources close to the Cardiff owner is said he's fully on board to give manager Neil Warnock his backing for a promotion bid next season.

A report emerged in America that Tan was looking to offload his stake in Cardiff, as well as his shares in 'sister clubs' KV Kortrijk in Belgium and FK Sarajevo in Bosnia, as well as his minority holding in new MLS franchise LAFC.

The report stated that Tan was seeking £50m for the club he bought in 2010 and has subsequently put more than £150m into the club. Its debts to Tan in the most recently available accounts stood at more than £100m, though Tan has begun a process of writing off that amount following a pledge to make the club debt-free by 2021.

Vincent Tan is flying into London to watch the Bluebirds

The report also contains a quote from Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman saying that the club would “entertain an offer” before adding that the club were not in a rush nor in a need to sell. Dalman has denied the story.

Since62
    I wonder which individuals with links to the club, either current or in the recent past, would want to try and cause harm to it by spreading false rumours in the media?

We're being "properly" run because Tan has lost interest and FFP prevents the club over spending. The club is still hamstrung because of his first two years.
    Chill. It wasnt long ago we were facing winding up orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Chill. It wasnt long ago we were facing winding up orders.
    It wasn't long ago we thought 20k was a crap crowd, and finishing below 6th was unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Since62 on the other board has it spot on in my opinion.....

wez wrote:

Vincent Tan is not looking to sell Cardiff City – despite claims the Bluebirds' Malaysian backer was ready to cash in on the club.
    And instead sources close to the Cardiff owner is said he's fully on board to give manager Neil Warnock his backing for a promotion bid next season.

A report emerged in America that Tan was looking to offload his stake in Cardiff, as well as his shares in 'sister clubs' KV Kortrijk in Belgium and FK Sarajevo in Bosnia, as well as his minority holding in new MLS franchise LAFC.

The report stated that Tan was seeking £50m for the club he bought in 2010 and has subsequently put more than £150m into the club. Its debts to Tan in the most recently available accounts stood at more than £100m, though Tan has begun a process of writing off that amount following a pledge to make the club debt-free by 2021.

Vincent Tan is flying into London to watch the Bluebirds

The report also contains a quote from Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman saying that the club would “entertain an offer” before adding that the club were not in a rush nor in a need to sell. Dalman has denied the story.

Since62
    I wonder which individuals with links to the club, either current or in the recent past, would want to try and cause harm to it by spreading false rumours in the media?
    Since62 is paranoid. This story has legs, I wonder why Since62 doesn't welcome it.

Since62 is paranoid. This story has legs, I wonder why Since62 doesn't welcome it.
    Yep, "paranoid" just about sums Keith up .

Interesting reading the Message Boards since the initial news story broke how little appetite there actually now is to see VT leave - even among the usual Anti Tan Suspects. My initial reaction was that if true this would potentially be a de-stabilising disaster for our football club at this time.

Vincent has made mistakes - which of us haven't - but for reasons of debt reduction, transfer budget and overall stability I'm more than happy for him to keep ownership for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Bluebird View Post
    Interesting reading the Message Boards since the initial news story broke how little appetite there actually now is to see VT leave - even among the usual Anti Tan Suspects. My initial reaction was that if true this would potentially be a de-stabilising disaster for our football club at this time.

Vincent has made mistakes - which of us haven't - but for reasons of debt reduction, transfer budget and overall stability I'm more than happy for him to keep ownership for the foreseeable future.
    You only have to see what is going on at some of the clubs in the Championship with new owners who authorise £10 million plus signings to see that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. However, it's now over a year since we were told that £68 million was going to be converted from debt to equity with "immediate effect"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-debt-10875878

The club say that the delay is down to how slowly it's taking to get Malaysian Government approval for the move and it should be said that other, smaller, conversions have gone ahead as promised, but I don't think you can blame some of us for at least starting to wonder whether the larger one will ever go through.

I would like the fans to reconcile our differences with Tan and him to get his money back and be able to watch us in the premier league.

I don't think he's ever been malicious, I just think his ideas ever worked

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would like the fans to reconcile our differences with Tan and him to get his money back and be able to watch us in the premier league.

I don't think he's ever been malicious, I just think his ideas ever worked
    I remember well that was a bit of 'tit-for-tat' going on for a while during the darkest days. But that was then, and lets leave it there.

But I agree, reconciliation has been the way forward for some time now, and that needs to continue until the next chapter in City's history begins.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You only have to see what is going on at some of the clubs in the Championship with new owners who authorise £10 million plus signings to see that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. However, it's now over a year since we were told that £68 million was going to be converted from debt to equity with "immediate effect"

The club say that the delay is down to how slowly it's taking to get Malaysian Government approval for the move and it should be said that other, smaller, conversions have gone ahead as promised, but I don't think you can blame some of us for at least starting to wonder whether the larger one will ever go through.

Keith as I have posted before there is a period of 12 months before the Malaysian government will start to allow the procedure to take place, it is a period of a 12 months holding period for External Account holder before ringgit may be converted into foreign currency, that 12 months has just passed so we should see movement before long

I think its pretty pathetic and lily livered to accept a situation/person that is universally despised through fear of getting worse.

How about striving to better yourself or perhaps letting Tan make £150m debt into £300m is the safe option

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Absolutely this. We need Tan's support and he needs ours.

We absolutely CANNOT go back to the precarious position we were in before he arrived where we were over a barrel with our pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You are right of course Paul - it's a frustratingly slow process. However, Vincent's promise is still the only debt reduction 'game in town'. It offers SOME hope whereas were he to leave there would be NO hope.

Personally, I remain confident he will follow through with his promise. Of the many bricks thrown at VT over the past five years or so he has rarely been called a liar even by the most ardent critics

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I think its pretty pathetic and lily livered to accept a situation/person that is universally despised through fear of getting worse.

How about striving to better yourself or perhaps letting Tan make £150m debt into £300m is the safe option

Either you don't know what universally means or you are knowingly talking out of your backside. For clarity, just look at the threads about the possibility of him selling up & you will see that Tan is far from universally despised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

He's not about to do that though is he?

There are times when it is right to speak up, and there are times when you have to bite your lip and ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

Keith as I have posted before there is a period of 12 months before the Malaysian government will start to allow the procedure to take place, it is a period of a 12 months holding period for External Account holder before ringgit may be converted into foreign currency, that 12 months has just passed so we should see movement before long

Sorry Paul,got confused here

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Either you don't know what universally means or you are knowingly talking out of your backside. For clarity, just look at the threads about the possibility of him selling up & you will see that Tan is far from universally despised.
    It's called fear of the unknown. Why wouldn't he be despised for treating the club we love like his own plaything??

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    He's not about to do that though is he?

There are times when it is right to speak up, and there are times when you have to bite your lip and ride it out.
    What did Dalman say we were losing annually?

£10-12m wasn't it?