+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Books

Re: Audio Books

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I fancy this one, but it's silly money (about £17).

Thanks all.
    Check your PM.

I'm a big fan of Dan Carlin's hardcore history - the series on Genghis Khan's empire is awesome, but they're all good. Some are free to download, others are cheap.

Also enjoyed the BBC series 'A history of Britain in numbers'. I'd think that would be free to download too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    I'm a big fan of Dan Carlin's hardcore history - the series on Genghis Khan's empire is awesome, but they're all good. Some are free to download, others are cheap.

Also enjoyed the BBC series 'A history of Britain in numbers'. I'd think that would be free to download too.
    I find Dan Carlin's delivery a bit odd but he is usually very good. The Mongol episodes were terrifying. After they sacked a city and killed everyone they could find they would move on but they knew that there would always be some survivors left behind so the evil buggers would wait a few days and then send back soldiers to kill all those who had come out after hiding in cellars, etc.

This reminded me of an afternoon on Cold Blow Lane when we went up against the Millwall mob. They hammered all of us except Organ Morgan. That weasel faced coward, as resourceful as ever, sneaked off into Mary Quants and came out swishing up the street in a mini skirt and a pink top - this was in the 60s. He almost got away with it but unluckily for him one of Millwall's top boys took a fancy to him/her and he was taking no excuses. I don't think Organ has been able to sit down since.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I find Dan Carlin's delivery a bit odd but he is usually very good. The Mongol episodes were terrifying. After they sacked a city and killed everyone they could find they would move on but they knew that there would always be some survivors left behind so the evil buggers would wait a few days and then send back soldiers to kill all those who had come out after hiding in cellars, etc.

This reminded me of an afternoon on Cold Blow Lane when we went up against the Millwall mob. They hammered all of us except Organ Morgan. That weasel faced coward, as resourceful as ever, sneaked off into Mary Quants and came out swishing up the street in a mini skirt and a pink top - this was in the 60s. He almost got away with it but unluckily for him one of Millwall's top boys took a fancy to him/her and he was taking no excuses. I don't think Organ has been able to sit down since.
    Well well well, the hunter has become the hunted.

I started using Amazon Audible a few weeks ago.

I have had a few messages in the past saying certain purchases have given me credits on there. Some books cost over 20 quid of real money, I've had them for free with 1 credit.

I thought, this is very reasonable isn't it. I've got a few books that go for over 30 hours. My lunch hours aren't boring any more.

Turns out I've had a paid subscription for months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    It'll make him jump.