+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M4 tunnel?

Re: M4 tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Dont we put in more than we get out ?

If instead we actually got more out than we put in - you'd have invented an economic model that defies logic. Unless of course you live in Greece......

We all know the answer - blow up the brynglas tunnels and everything above it. Clear out the mess - re tarmac. Could do it in a weekend and back ready my Monday - sorted
    Yes of course we do. If we had not been members of the EU or its predecessors for the last 40 odd years we'd have saved enough money to pay for the tunnel in cash.

And you'd be able to buy a decent vacuum cleaner...

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It would be cheaper, and much more pleasing, to simply plough a 6-lame M-way through the centre of Newport.
    No-one would notice.
    Is this after we build the wall around Newport, Mr President?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Is this after we build the wall around Newport, Mr President?
    And Newport council will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I know several who completely bought into the 350m a week claims.
    I wish I could the say the same,my experience with leavers were about Europeans, taking jobs, clogging up GP surgeries, taking dental slots, housing ,etc,etc , never came accross any meaningful debate on budget worries, they were riding on a woe is me political backlash , whipped up by UKIP, and the comfortable over
    50 club.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wish I could the say the same,my experience with leavers were about Europeans, taking jobs, clogging up GP surgeries, taking dental slots, housing ,etc,etc , never came accross any meaningful debate on budget worries, they were riding on a woe is me political backlash , whipped up by UKIP, and the comfortable over
    50 club.
    Well I voted remain but why are those things you mentioned not real concerns for people?

When they had a problem with congestion on the M4 through Port Talbot, the WAG closed one of the junctions during rush hour. It didn't clear the congestion but it was bloody cheap!