+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The most iconic building to have disappeared from the wonderful city of Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The most iconic building to have disappeared from the wonderful city of Cardiff

Greyfriars

Re: The most iconic building to have disappeared from the wonderful city of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Greyfriars
    SNAP

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    SNAP
    Great minds and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Greyfriars
    Yep, at the time that tower was built, surely there was plenty of other land available.

Also worth mentioning the original Queen Street station.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yep, at the time that tower was built, surely there was plenty of other land available.

Also worth mentioning the original Queen Street station.
    Good call on Queen St Station. Especially when you look at what's replaced it.

County Cinema Rumney & The Old Cross Inn ( its all we had in the East )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I lived at the back of the Carpenter's Arms for many years, of course the County cinema was long gone, however, "The Old Cross Inn" has gone too? I'm surprised to hear that, if it is indeed the case. I left the area a couple of years before they demolished the "Carp's". I would have thought without competition from the Carp's the Cross Inn would have done a good trade? ... so, what stands on the site of The Old Cross Inn now , because there was a decent amount of room with the car park and small beer gardens??

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I lived at the back of the Carpenter's Arms for many years, of course the County cinema was long gone, however, "The Old Cross Inn" has gone too? I'm surprised to hear that, if it is indeed the case. I left the area a couple of years before they demolished the "Carp's". I would have thought without competition from the Carp's the Cross Inn would have done a good trade? ... so, what stands on the site of The Old Cross Inn now , because there was a decent amount of room with the car park and small beer gardens??
    The Cross is still there. The caprs is a sainsburys now

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The Cross is still there. The caprs is a sainsburys now
    I was a bit confused when LoM mentioned The Cross with the long gone County cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The cross inn is still there mate, like you say the carps has gone, and the goodies down the other end of llanrumney has gone to. Both well known pubs ruined by to many idiots causing trouble in them