+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock would be surprised if Vincent Tan sold Cardiff in next 12 months

Neil Warnock would be surprised if Vincent Tan sold Cardiff in next 12 months

Neil Warnock believes Vincent Tan will remain Cardiff's owner for the next 12 months at least

More...

Re: Neil Warnock would be surprised if Vincent Tan sold Cardiff in next 12 months

I'd doubt warnock gives a fuk. He seems happy here, and that's all that counts to him. He'll get another crack at promotion next season... That's what he wants

Re: Neil Warnock would be surprised if Vincent Tan sold Cardiff in next 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I'd doubt warnock gives a fuk. He seems happy here, and that's all that counts to him. He'll get another crack at promotion next season... That's what he wants
    How could he not be concerned if his current employer gave him some assurances whereas an incoming owner may not?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How could he not be concerned if his current employer gave him some assurances whereas an incoming owner may not?
    I think he's to old in the tooth to care what goes on behind the scenes. He signed a 1year extension so I'd be supprised if hes looking to far ahead after that. He just wants another crack at promotion to get that record. I doubt much will change next season as far as tan selling up

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I think he's to old in the tooth to care what goes on behind the scenes. He signed a 1year extension so I'd be supprised if hes looking to far ahead after that. He just wants another crack at promotion to get that record. I doubt much will change next season as far as tan selling up
    He'd be less likely to fund a promotion bid if he was looking to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

FOR SALE

A football club ambling along, going nowhere in the Championship. !

FOR SALE

An upwardly going football club, on the verge of promotion to the Premier League !

Which one appeals to a BUYER

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

FOR SALE

A football club ambling along, going nowhere in the Championship. !

FOR SALE

An upwardly going football club, on the verge of promotion to the Premier League !

Which one appeals to a BUYER
    The one with the least amount of debt?

I cant see us being sold in the next 5 years let alone the next 12 months.
    To sell you need someone who wants and can afford to buy us. Just aint going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I cant see us being sold in the next 5 years let alone the next 12 months.
    To sell you need someone who wants and can afford to buy us. Just aint going to happen.
    Tan is a total idiot but even he realises he won't get his money back.

With that in mind there's no reason why a buyer couldn't be found.

He said he's had offers, it's a case of how much loss he's prepared to stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Tan is a total idiot but even he realises he won't get his money back.

With that in mind there's no reason why a buyer couldn't be found.

He said he's had offers, it's a case of how much loss he's prepared to stomach
    Really? They werent queing up when we were having the winding up orders.

Or when we were struggling in the lower leagues.

I couldnt give a sh!t who is owner is as long as the club is run sensibly and we arent on the verge of going out of business again.

To take us on someone will need serious money even if Tan makes a loss (which he will ). I just dont see anyone buying us. Why would they?

I couldnt give a sh!t who is owner is as long as the club is run sensibly and we arent on the verge of going out of business again.

To take us on someone will need serious money even if Tan makes a loss (which he will ). I just dont see anyone buying us. Why would they?
    As you said when we were in the shite, in court, Langston, winding up orders from the revenue. Tan bought us.

We are in far more debt than we were then but, in say a years time, if Tan continues down the road of equity conversion, we are challenging for promotion, crowds are up, then we do become a far more attractive prospect.

For what it's worth, I have the feeling that the business this week is a not so subtle attempt by Tan to drum up a bit of interest. He even said that he'd already had offers! Just like anyone does who's trying to flog something

Totally agree with you mate - Tan is a CCFC saviour in my books - some people need to remember how bad it was a few years ago

it will be a toss up who goes first tan or warnock,

warnock is basically seeing out the twilight years of his managerial career with a nice cushy number, at a club where the expectation level is to basically avoid relegation every season .

tan meanwhile cannot wait to bail out at the earliest opportunity, after seeing his dream of premier league football go down the plughole along with millions of pounds

tans problem now is finding someone daft and rich enough to take the club on.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    it will be a toss up who goes first tan or warnock,

warnock is basically seeing out the twilight years of his managerial career with a nice cushy number, at a club where the expectation level is to basically avoid relegation every season .

tan meanwhile cannot wait to bail out at the earliest opportunity, after seeing his dream of premier league football go down the plughole along with millions of pounds

tans problem now is finding someone daft and rich enough to take the club on.
    You're correct as usual.

If only we had a great owner like Leeds.

P.s

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    You're probably right mate, but i doubt very much that will scare our Warnock. He probably knows he's gonna be on a shoe string budget when it comes to transfers no matter what......was probably explained to him in contract negotiations, and he wouldn't have signed an extension if he didn't think he could wheel and deal his way over the summer, and build a competitive team by selling and buying. He wants that record promotion. He would have walked if he didn't think he could get it with us, even if he has to balance the books in the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You're correct as usual.

If only we had a great owner like Leeds.

P.s
    have you not heard lecter, leeds are jointly owned now

celllino will be selling up soon to mr radrizzani , if only mr tan could do the same eh.