Driving today
Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
The nation's motorway driving - I'll score 2/10.

On the M4 on Sunday, an absolute nightmare as the left hand lane became redundant with people sticking to the middle lane. I stick to 70 mph, and stick to the left hand lane unless I need to overtake. This often requires me to move two lanes to overtake (I refuse to undertake, although it is tempting), and two lanes to go back in.

The funny thing is, when the middle lane becomes clear, these same clowns move up to 80 mph and overtake me. Now, if they like doing that speed, why not move to the right lane to overtake the people in the middle lane slowing them down? Then you'll see the same car stuck in the middle lane again doing 65 as the middle lane gets congested. Again, requires two lane changes to overtake and two to get back to the CORRECT lane.

Someone on a forum I visited once argued that the left lane was for speeds up to 60mph, middle for 60-70 and right for 70+. Clueless. Most accidents happen during lane changes, and these clowns treble my lane changing requirements on long drives. They also, effectively, reduce the motorway to two lanes. I have flashed people (naughty me, but it gets frustrating) to move into the left lane when that is clear - but they are too petrified to do it. Where is their logic - if we all drove like that, you'd only need one lane!
Driving today is an absolute nightmare, so many cretins on every road, motorway, A road, and even side roads, they don't give a f**k for anyone else.
Courtesy is a thing of the past.