+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathan Blake hmmmmm

Nathan Blake hmmmmm

I was just listening to Blakey's Boot Room and he said that he spoke to Dave Jones about Rudy Gestede and said to him "why don't you get Rudy to pull out wide?"

Dave Jones replied "Because he should know that!"

Blakey said to him "well it's all well and good saying he should know that but why don't you coach him?"

Correct me if i am wrong but I'm sure Dave Jones never coached Rudy and he was signed by Malky!

Re: Nathan Blake hmmmmm

I've heard stories before about Jones never coaching players because "you know what to do"

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was just listening to Blakey's Boot Room and he said that he spoke to Dave Jones about Rudy Gestede and said to him "why don't you get Rudy to pull out wide?"

Dave Jones replied "Because he should know that!"

Blakey said to him "well it's all well and good saying he should know that but why don't you coach him?"

Correct me if i am wrong but I'm sure Dave Jones never coached Rudy and he was signed by Malky!
    Dave Jones was sacked on 30 May 2011.

Malky Mackay was appointed manager on 17 June 2011.

Rudy Gestede was signed on 23 July 2011 after a short trial during the pre-season training camp in Spain.

You are correct.

And no-one corrected him. It's usually Paul AbaIdon'tknow who's slack on the details. Decent listen, mind.

I heard that too, and was surprised noone picked him up. Quite like Blakey but when he says things that are clearly incorrect you start to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I've heard stories before about Jones never coaching players because "you know what to do"
    I heard this via a route that led to Joe Ledley.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I heard that too, and was surprised noone picked him up. Quite like Blakey but when he says things that are clearly incorrect you start to wonder.
    Wasn't Noone signed by Malky?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Ex footballer pundit in talking-absolute-shite shocker.

I listened to that bit about Gestede twice because I thought I'd misheard it first time - I think Nathan Blake makes a pretty good pundit generally, but I've not got a clue what he was thinking about there (getting Gestede confused with, say, Steve Thompson?).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I listened to that bit about Gestede twice because I thought I'd misheard it first time - I think Nathan Blake makes a pretty good pundit generally, but I've not got a clue what he was thinking about there (getting Gestede confused with, say, Steve Thompson?).
    I'd be more inclined to think none of it happened. Blake hates Jones. He also made up a story about Jones claiming he wanted a statue at Molineux.

Reminds me of Eric the Bee, who also hates Jones and concocts skewed facts to back himself up.