+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama wiretapped Trump during the run-up to the election?

Obama wiretapped Trump during the run-up to the election?

Re: Obama wiretapped Trump during the run-up to the election?

Also tweeted by Trump

"The first meeting Jeff Sessions had with the Russian Amb was set up by the Obama Administration under education program for 100 Ambs......"

"Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone."

Is he the first ambassador ever to visit the White House?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Also tweeted by Trump

"The first meeting Jeff Sessions had with the Russian Amb was set up by the Obama Administration under education program for 100 Ambs......"

"Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone."
    Isn't that exactly what you would expect an ambassador to be doing?

Or are they strictly covert meetings that are later denied these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I've figured it out. It's because he went to the White House.

What they're supposed to do is visit a resort owned by the president so he can make some money.

30 minutes after exposing a scandal as big as Watergate, Trump is tweeting about Arnie in a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

So why were the Democrats calling for the resignation of Jeff Sessions, when all he was doing is having a meeting with the Russian ambassador as part of his duties as a member of the Armed Services Commitee?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    30 minutes after exposing a scandal as big as Watergate, Trump is tweeting about Arnie in a TV show.

I don't think you know how Twitter works. Trump is media savvy, he light's a fire and moves on. Now the MSM will have to report the the wiretap story, and various enquires will ensue, and with many millions knowing about it, it's won't be so easy to sweep it under the carpet.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 04-03-17 at 14:22.

Please explain more about what I've got wrong about Twitter's operation.

Please explain more about what I've got wrong about Twitter's operation.
    It is imatterial what Trump posts 30 minutes later, he's already kicked Obama in the nuts. Job done!

I've figured it out. It's because he went to the White House.

What they're supposed to do is visit a resort owned by the president so he can make some money.
    How is he making any money when he personally pays for any potus-related hospitality that takes place on any of his business premises? BTW I'd go there too if I knew I was being bugged!

It is imatterial what Trump posts 30 minutes later, he's already kicked Obama in the nuts. Job done!
    Ah, so you're talking about how Trump uses Twitter, not 'how Twitter works'.

Interesting what you say about how MSM have to report the story now that Trump has tweeted it. You probably know that Fox (MSM) had just broadcast it before he tweeted? And a little later they showed the Arnie story?

He's the President and he's spending his time tweeting about what he's just seen on telly.

I don't think you know how Twitter works. Trump is media savvy, he light's a fire and moves on. Now the MSM will have to report the the wiretap story, and various enquires will ensue, and with many millions knowing about it, it's won't be so easy to sweep it under the carpet.
    If only Lloyd-George, Aneurin Bevan, Michael Foot and Disraeli were still around, they'd be brilliant on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If only Lloyd-George, Aneurin Bevan, Michael Foot and Disraeli were still around, they'd be brilliant on Twitter.
    Makes you wonder how any politician got things done before Twitter.

Ah, so you're talking about how Trump uses Twitter, not 'how Twitter works'.

Interesting what you say about how MSM have to report the story now that Trump has tweeted it. You probably know that Fox (MSM) had just broadcast it before he tweeted? And a little later they showed the Arnie story?

He's the President and he's spending his time tweeting about what he's just seen on telly.
    It's no accident that Fox reported it. You are just seeing Trump's gameplan unfolding, he's always many steps ahead

I can't stand Trump

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trump is facing a bought media, and he even has many enemies amongst his own party, and in the security agencies. He is being very shrewd by communicating directly with the public.

Its all Blair's fault

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its all Blair's fault
    ....and the immigrants
    ....and Brussels

So why were the Democrats calling for the resignation of Jeff Sessions, when all he was doing is having a meeting with the Russian ambassador as part of his duties as a member of the Armed Services Commitee?
    Possibly because he lied to the Senate when he said he had no meetings with the Russians - and didn't know about any other Team Trump meetings with them - claims that are unravelling by the hour.

Possibly because he then lied about meeting the Russian Ambassador in his role as a member of the Armed Services Committee - when no other members have ever held meetings with the Russian Ambassador in that capacity as it is the Foreign Relations Committee that has those contacts - and in fact was acting as a leading member of the Trump election campaign.

Possibly because the Trump administration is starting to fall apart, and in the face of concerted lies and disinformation that seek to undermine more traditional and measured responses to Russiagate, the Democrats can't resist an open goal?

I don't know if any of those things are 100% true, but I do believe they are a better explanation than your 'alternative facts'.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Possibly because he lied to the Senate when he said he had no meetings with the Russians - and didn't know about any other Team Trump meetings with them - claims that are unravelling by the hour.

Possibly because he then lied about meeting the Russian Ambassador in his role as a member of the Armed Services Committee - when no other members have ever held meetings with the Russian Ambassador in that capacity as it is the Foreign Relations Committee that has those contacts - and in fact was acting as a leading member of the Trump election campaign.

Possibly because the Trump administration is starting to fall apart, and in the face of concerted lies and disinformation that seek to undermine more traditional and measured responses to Russiagate, the Democrats can't resist an open goal?

I don't know if any of those things are 100% true, but I do believe they are a better explanation than your 'alternative facts'.
    I'll get back to you on this one, I haven't really looked past Trump's initial tweets that he posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Possibly because he lied to the Senate when he said he had no meetings with the Russians - and didn't know about any other Team Trump meetings with them
    Here is the official transcript:

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Franken: Very well.

I knew it , phew, thank God for real news,and not more of that fake stuff , which detracts attention from the real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I knew it , phew, thank God for real news,and not more of that fake stuff , which detracts attention from the real issues.
    Donald Trump even works on Sundays!

Donald Trump even works on Sundays!
    Yeah, 'working from home'! Just as well, he's got a lot on his plate right now.

Crikey. What is Team Don's next move I wonder?