Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Possibly because he lied to the Senate when he said he had no meetings with the Russians - and didn't know about any other Team Trump meetings with them - claims that are unravelling by the hour.

Possibly because he then lied about meeting the Russian Ambassador in his role as a member of the Armed Services Committee - when no other members have ever held meetings with the Russian Ambassador in that capacity as it is the Foreign Relations Committee that has those contacts - and in fact was acting as a leading member of the Trump election campaign.

Possibly because the Trump administration is starting to fall apart, and in the face of concerted lies and disinformation that seek to undermine more traditional and measured responses to Russiagate, the Democrats can't resist an open goal?

I don't know if any of those things are 100% true, but I do believe they are a better explanation than your 'alternative facts'.
I'll get back to you on this one, I haven't really looked past Trump's initial tweets that he posted earlier.