+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: County cut adrift now....

County cut adrift now....

Hammered 0 - 4 by Orient, the side one place above them.

Looks like it's over; strange they had a good run a few months back and it looked like they'd be OK.

Re: County cut adrift now....

They are gone. Today was their last chance and an 18 year old scored a hat-trick against them.Woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They are gone. Today was their last chance and an 18 year old scored a hat-trick against them.Woeful.
    And he hadn't scored before in 15 games

I sort of cared about them staying up but they hate us don't they. So I'm not so bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I sort of cared about them staying up but they hate us don't they. So I'm not so bothered.
    Not you too MM?

County, I believe, lost a 2 goal lead and ended up with 0 points about 2 weeks ago. Their fight ended then. They now go into a really tough league to escape from. Hopefully they can return ready for a better go at it.

Does the average football supporter really 'hate' other teams? Or is that attitude just the opinion of the gobby narrow-minded ones?

Do you often form opinions on whether someone hates you.

I know a few people who watch County and Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does the average football supporter really 'hate' other teams? Or is that attitude just the opinion of the gobby narrow-minded ones?
    It's the opinions of the ones who started watching in the 90s because it was kewl.

Good, at least one result to celebrate today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Do you often form opinions on whether someone hates you.

I know a few people who watch County and Cardiff.
    Ah OK then. County are City fans too.

Ah OK then. County are City fans too.
    Probably a mix of both and neither one extreme or the other.

Proper football fans hate their rivals, the others aren't that bothered, not just about football, but life in general.

No Pashun !

Kind of pleased fir them when they came back in the league, even then they only mustered 7000 to Wembley. Barry town would probably take more to put it into perspective. The town deserves to be non league, its rotten and infested with fans of other premier league clubs anyway. Oh and they hate everything Cardiff don't they. You could just d moilsh the place and no one would even notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Probably a mix of both and neither one extreme or the other.

As someone who used to live in Newport & who also attends one or sometimes two Cewnty games each season, I can say that in my experience there would appear to be a high percentage of their fans who dislike Cardiff & take great pleasure in seeing us lose, a few of whom are good friends of mine. Personally I hope Cewnty do well so their feelings of animosity towards us are not reciprocated by me.

Although the attached article is just over 3 years old, in my view it remains relevant today:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/spo..._2013/?ref=rss

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Kind of pleased fir them when they came back in the league, even then they only mustered 7000 to Wembley. Barry town would probably take more to put it into perspective. The town deserves to be non league, its rotten and infested with fans of other premier league clubs anyway. Oh and they hate everything Cardiff don't they. You could just d moilsh the place and no one would even notice...
    I was pleased when they went up, but the ground situation makes me wish Wrexham had won that playoff final instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I was pleased when they went up, but the ground situation makes me wish Wrexham had won that playoff final instead.
    They should be playing at Spytty Park. It's perfect for them rather than Rodney Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wanted Wrexham to beat them anyway but it was not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know quite a few of them who went to Wembley who aren't interested in County in the slightest.
    I'm not keen on the ones who have a chip on their shoulder about us, but not really happy they are going down

They should be playing at Spytty Park. It's perfect for them rather than Rodney Parade.
    I mentioned that to a few and they hate the ground and the area it's in. RP has better facilities and is closer to the town centre

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Hammered 0 - 4 by Orient, the side one place above them.

Looks like it's over; strange they had a good run a few months back and it looked like they'd be OK.
    What a shame, my sympathy is for the fans of the clubs in the conference, or whatever it's called now, they'll have to visit the piss ridden vomit hole that is Newport.

They used to have a few lads in the 90s that went away with Wales , Used to make me laugh that Newport took more than Swansea in those days...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I mentioned that to a few and they hate the ground and the area it's in. RP has better facilities and is closer to the town centre
    Spytty is a traffic nightmare as well, and the ground isn't up to league standards. I think they'll probably end up back there now they'll be going down.

Looks like manager Graham Westley could be on his way now. Desperate times for Cewnty

Personally I wish 'em well. Occasionally in the 70s when City were away, my dad would take me to watch them at home

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39178177

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    They used to have a few lads in the 90s that went away with Wales , Used to make me laugh that Newport took more than Swansea in those days...
    Always have done to be fair, until the jacks went all premier league....

Gutted they beat the gogs in the playoff final. Much prefer Wrexham. Better club all round