+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Vokes

Sam Vokes

Booed off the pitch by Swansea fans for winning a penalty

Re: Sam Vokes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Booed off the pitch by Swansea fans for winning a penalty
    He did win it by handling the ball and the ref somehow thinking it was a Swansea player

Didn't we boo Giggs just for coming on as a sub?

Or am i making that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He did win it by handling the ball and the ref somehow thinking it was a Swansea player
    Hardly his fault the ref made a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Didn't we boo Giggs just for coming on as a sub?

Or am i making that up?
    wasnt that for never turning up for Welsh Friendlies ? ? ? and / or shagging his brothers bird ? ? ?

cracking win today for Swansea City against a 12 man Burnley team

up the SgorioFruits

Referee credited with an assist for Burnleys first goal.

The winning goal was a blatant shove as well.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hardly his fault the ref made a mistake
    Correct it was the incompetent ref - still hungover from his stag week in Spain apparently - and the equally inept linesman. However it's fairly understandable that Vokes is the brunt of the crowd's anger. Revenge came later for the winning goal when Llorente got away with a push with his header. Penalty-that-wasn't, 2 crossbars and a post struck - Swans more than deserved it. No complaints on the Burnley boards. They consider themselves well mullered. Best game I've attended since the heady Laudrup days.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Correct it was the incompetent ref - still hungover from his stag week in Spain apparently - and the equally inept linesman. However it's fairly understandable that Vokes is the brunt of the crowd's anger. Revenge came later for the winning goal when Llorente got away with a push with his header. Penalty-that-wasn't, 2 crossbars and a post struck - Swans more than deserved it. No complaints on the Burnley boards. They consider themselves well mullered. Best game I've attended since the heady Laudrup days.
    As far as I'm aware, no one mentioned this until Robbie Savage brought it up on 606 last night only for co-presenter to state that in all likelihood they came back midweek and had 3/4 days before officiating on the weekend. Cue several callers (and now messageboard posters) making the claim but instead of owning his ill-judged comment Robbie Savage just told each that they couldn't say that and they probably got back midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    As far as I'm aware, no one mentioned this until Robbie Savage brought it up on 606 last night only for co-presenter to state that in all likelihood they came back midweek and had 3/4 days before officiating on the weekend. Cue several callers (and now messageboard posters) making the claim but instead of owning his ill-judged comment Robbie Savage just told each that they couldn't say that and they probably got back midweek.
    Apparently Kevin Friend was with him (Anthony Taylor) on his stag week in Spain. He reffed the Man Utd v B'mouth game yesterday - a game that also suffered from some inept refereeing. Could there be a connection?