+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keeping fit and eating healthy

Banned

Keeping fit and eating healthy

I decided in January things had to change, starting to tire easily, taking a lot on in work and just didn't feel right.
    I've worked away for 20 years, lived mon to Friday in hotels and eating take aways and about 4-6 pints a night.
    Doctor sent me for blood test and I had low folic acid and NO vitamin B12 in me.
    Only time I ate veg was at home on a Sunday.

On twitter, I follow all the snooker players, and ronnie o'sullivan keeps banging on about his personal trainer in Essex. I looked on his website and he does online training.
    Called him up and purchased for 40 quid , a personalised training plan, that I can do in hotel rooms, excersises to suit me, a food plan, that is suited for working away, like scrambled eggs and mushrooms for breakfast in my digs, and the best foods to eat from kebab shops, Indians, Chinese etc.
    Given up smoking, drink 4 pints of water a day, do my room excersises mon weds Fri, and go running with my dog sat and sun.

3 months in, Its the best thing I've ever done, I've not felt down or lethargic in 3 months now, it's by far the fittest I've felt since leaving school, I'd also say it's the best way to give up fags, cos I've given up and altered so much, the fags are the least thing I miss, it's a good chip sandwich with butter running down my arm I'm missing.
    There's plenty of foods though that I'm enjoying, the only thing I don't like on my plan is avocado, but 2 a week I can stomach.

Has anyone ever done a lifestyle change , how are you getting on?

Re: Keeping fit and eating healthy

same here worked away alot for a number of years now and was generally unfit up until about 3 years ago . but exercising 3 times a week ,eating the right things never drink away from home , only drink on weekends etc ,never smoked feeling much better for it ! the fittest i,ve been since giving up playing footie

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    same here worked away alot for a number of years now and was generally unfit up until about 3 years ago . but exercising 3 times a week ,eating the right things never drink away from home , only drink on weekends etc ,never smoked feeling much better for it ! the fittest i,ve been since giving up playing footie
    Always a skinny kid who could eat loads and stay skinny. Until I hit mid 20s, then I started to put weight on slowly.

At 14st 7 and 5' 8 I was classed obese.

Stopped drinking fizzy drinks, walk for 30 mins every lunchtime, and follow some aerobics classes on the net. Now I'm under 12 st, still just overweight. 'twas a long road, 1lb lost most weeks, 2lb on the odd occasion. Aiming to get to 11st and reckon I can get there in 3 months.

First Team

Years of working abroad and constant travelling had taken its toll and I was becoming a right little Billy Bunter. The annual health check that I am required to have revealed that I was considered obese and pre diabetic.
    The shock of this, coupled with prior health issues not weight related, spurred me into action.
    Three years on and I am now well within my weight to height boundaries am fitter than I have been for decades and have a clean bill of health.
    I made several minor changes to my lifestyle such as walking everywhere, within reason, dropping the takeaways and limiting the booze. I still have my moments but generally I try and keep it clean for five out of seven days. What worked for me was that nothing was too drastic and it was little tweaks, in the main, so nothing seemed like a huge sacrifice.
    Was it worth it, yes. Downsides, it's cost me a fortune in getting new clothes that fit and I seem to be the nominated driver more often than I would like.

Good to know you're fielding better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Years of working abroad and constant travelling had taken its toll and I was becoming a right little Billy Bunter. The annual health check that I am required to have revealed that I was considered obese and pre diabetic.
    The shock of this, coupled with prior health issues not weight related, spurred me into action.
    Three years on and I am now well within my weight to height boundaries am fitter than I have been for decades and have a clean bill of health.
    I made several minor changes to my lifestyle such as walking everywhere, within reason, dropping the takeaways and limiting the booze. I still have my moments but generally I try and keep it clean for five out of seven days. What worked for me was that nothing was too drastic and it was little tweaks, in the main, so nothing seemed like a huge sacrifice.
    Was it worth it, yes. Downsides, it's cost me a fortune in getting new clothes that fit and I seem to be the nominated driver more often than I would like.
    Good to hear.
    I too am having one day off the diet, but still go running that morning.
    On the day off tho I still won't eat junk, crisps and bread.
    I'm enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Good to know you're fielding better
    Howzatt?

Between 18.5 and 25 is considered the perfect weight according to the BMI calculator.

You can check yours here: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Health...alculator.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I decided in January things had to change, starting to tire easily, taking a lot on in work and just didn't feel right.
    I've worked away for 20 years, lived mon to Friday in hotels and eating take aways and about 4-6 pints a night.
    Doctor sent me for blood test and I had low folic acid and NO vitamin B12 in me.

On twitter, I follow all the snooker players, and ronnie o'sullivan keeps banging on about his personal trainer in Essex. I looked on his website and he does online training.
    Called him up and purchased for 40 quid , a personalised training plan, that I can do in hotel rooms, excersises to suit me, a food plan, that is suited for working away, like scrambled eggs and mushrooms for breakfast in my digs, and the best foods to eat from kebab shops, Indians, Chinese etc.
    Given up smoking, drink 4 pints of water a day, do my room excersises mon weds Fri, and go running with my dog sat and sun.

3 months in, Its the best thing I've ever done, I've not felt down or lethargic in 3 months now, it's by far the fittest I've felt since leaving school, I'd also say it's the best way to give up fags, cos I've given up and altered so much, the fags are the least thing I miss, it's a good chip sandwich with butter running down my arm I'm missing.
    There's plenty of foods though that I'm enjoying, the only thing I don't like on my plan is avocado, but 2 a week I can stomach.

You bloody liar. You only want to lose weight so you can fit into that Man Yoo away shirt again. You're not fooling anyone!

On a serious note, good to know you're feeling fitter. Keep it up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

After being 18.5 stone (at 5" 8' short) 6 years ago, i got down to 13.2 stone just over a year ago, this year has seen an increase up to 14 stone, a job change necessitating having to get up at 05.30 in the morning and not getting home until 18.45/19.15 Monday to Friday has been very tiring for me, and thus abandoning excersize, I have a new job starting in two weeks time so am hoping to pick up the excersize and get back down to near 13.0 stone, being a short arse, to get my B.M.I right i need to be near 12 stone!! (I'm so looking forward to 06.30 wake ups and not having to go to bed at 22.00

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You bloody liar. You only want to lose weight so you can fit into that Man Yoo away shirt again. You're not fooling anyone!

On a serious note, good to know you're feeling fitter. Keep it up mate.
    I think you are on to something there.

YOU TART

Get some stodge down you.