+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else think LOFTUS ROAD STADIUM (used loosely), is a DISASTER waiting to happen ?

Anyone else think LOFTUS ROAD STADIUM (used loosely), is a DISASTER waiting to happen ?

Trying to get out of that shithole yesterday was a nightmare.

An 8 to 10 foot alleyway full of fans edging along slowly, underneath the stands and I did not notice one fire escape, so if anything were to happen, it would be the same escape route for all the fans.

Definitely not fit for purpose.

Re: Anyone else think LOFTUS ROAD STADIUM (used loosely), is a DISASTER waiting to happen ?

I know what you mean, it was cramped before kick off too and I gave up going out during halftime (I was block Y3)

Re: Anyone else think LOFTUS ROAD STADIUM (used loosely), is a DISASTER waiting to happen ?

Frustration due to overcrowding led to a bit of a disturbance at half time, it was pretty claustrophobic there. How would emergency services get through if there was a medical incident? Even their stewards agreed that the ground wasn't up to it. We were sat in the front row in the upper stand and when we scored there was the usual boisterous celebrations, few lads rushed to the front, for a fleeting moment I had visions of me going over the top like the lad at Millwall the other season. I wonder if the home sections are as bad?

Old stadium and the mixing of fans after could cause problems.Surely they could have a better system to keep fans apart.What so many police horses were doing there was beyond me just standing about doing nothing what was that costing. It was like the line up a horse race at the end and for what.

Concourse far too small - and our end wasn't even full.
    Lovely enclosed ground, so close the pitch, but views are crap, parking and access awful, segregation a joke- hence dozens and dozens of coppers.

I guess at least it felt near to capacity even with only 15k in there.

CCS is far from ideal regarding the dispersal of fans into the vomitarium when a game finishes. It's quicker leaving the Nou Camp and the San Siro as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    CCS is far from ideal regarding the dispersal of fans into the vomitarium when a game finishes. It's quicker leaving the Nou Camp and the San Siro as far as I can remember.
    Far far better than QPR.

Agreed Tony. It must be squeaky ass time when the Safety Certificate is due for review. I stayed in the stand for half time, knew it was pointless going down to the alleyway/excuse for a concourse, and I was gagging for a beer. Moreover, if there was a need to evacuate the away end in any type of emergency, I am convinced there would be casualties.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Frustration due to overcrowding led to a bit of a disturbance at half time, it was pretty claustrophobic there. How would emergency services get through if there was a medical incident? Even their stewards agreed that the ground wasn't up to it. We were sat in the front row in the upper stand and when we scored there was the usual boisterous celebrations, few lads rushed to the front, for a fleeting moment I had visions of me going over the top like the lad at Millwall the other season. I wonder if the home sections are as bad?
    The situation at half time wasn't helped by some big steward pushing his way through past the kiosk by Y2/Y3 and then denying he was pushing. The bloke was huge, he was obviously pushing.

I felt the same ,visiting a few years ago, however the nostalgia of its romantic oldness was great.

I guess it does feel and look like it needs some internal /external shoring up.

I wish in a way our stadium had some of that old quirkiness , as they do invoke better atmospheres than sterile built newer versions..

Yes a potential death trap upstairs when you can't escape onto the pitch. Dreadful congestion half an hour before KO as people were trying to get drinks and food at the first bar at the top of the stairs, Needed to push through to get to the central bar where there was no queue at all. Half time a nightmare.
    We are lucky to have CCS to be honest.