+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slade Sacked!

Slade Sacked!

Don't get too upset Tandy

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/exclusive-coventry-city-part-with-manager-russell-slade/
    Last edited by tigerbaybluebird; 05-03-17 at 16:10.

Re: Slade Sacked!

Tragic, moved upstairs by the city, sacked by Charlton, sacked by Coventry. All in less than one season. Perhaps everyone now realises he's been stealing a living for all of the years that he has been a football manager/impostor.

Tandy seems to have given up his WUM act. A bit tricky to continue with it in the face of all the contrary evidence really.

He'll still maintain that Russ is dynamic and has a magnetic personality.

Sacked by two CCFCs in less than a year...the Fat Controller's fallen on hard times.

Slade did a pretty good job for us though. Since then, this hatred for Slade has been generated by people who are fed up of Tandy, it's not really anything to do with Slade any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Slade did a pretty good job for us though. Since then, this hatred for Slade has been generated by people who are fed up of Tandy, it's not really anything to do with Slade any more.

Spot on Colonel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Tandy seems to have given up his WUM act. A bit tricky to continue with it in the face of all the contrary evidence really.
    Funnily enough Mr Morris was of the same opinion so he duly banned me. I am unable to comment on the latest developments without risking a more significant ban. All members of CCMB can discuss our former manager bar me.

Very True. Slade was asked to do a specific job, and he did it. The problem was that "entertainment" wasn't part of the job description.

The real villain of the piece here is Trollope imho, but even then I think he fell into the old trap of being promoted to a position he wasn't ready for.

As you say, most of the anti-slade posts are more to do with Tandy than Slade imho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

As you say, most of the anti-slade posts are more to do with Tandy than Slade imho.
    Am I actually reading this right? That it is my fault that "grown men" slagged our former manager off?
    You and the Colonel need to have a word with yourselves.

Very True. Slade was asked to do a specific job, and he did it. The problem was that "entertainment" wasn't part of the job description.

The real villain of the piece here is Trollope imho, but even then I think he fell into the old trap of being promoted to a position he wasn't ready for.

I totally disagree that Trollope was a villain. Trollope was a true football man who was committed to turning this club around, but for one reason or another his man management skills weren't up to the task and further goes to show that a good coach doesn't always equate to a good manager.

Slade was a chancer who somehow blagged his way through 18 months at this club. He should have gone after the Watford debacle around Christmas time just before he brought Trollope in.

I've outlined the reasons i thought so little of him many times and none of this had anything to do with Tandy.

I don't take pleaure in him being sacked at Coventry though (the part once he moved on was to do with Tandy baiting) I'm just glad i no longer have to endure his "brand" of football.

Should we have a collection for him at the next home game??

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I totally disagree that Trollope was a villain. Trollope was a true football man who was committed to turning this club around, but for one reason or another his man management skills weren't up to the task and further goes to show that a good coach doesn't always equate to a good manager.

Slade was a chancer who somehow blagged his way through 18 months at this club. He should have gone after the Watford debacle around Christmas time just before he brought Trollope in.

I've outlined the reasons i thought so little of him many times and none of this had anything to do with Tandy.

I don't take pleaure in him being sacked at Coventry though (the part once he moved on was to do with Tandy baiting) I'm just glad i no longer have to endure his "brand" of football.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. In fairness to Slade, somehow we gave him the manager's job despite his average lower division record & Leyton Orient wanting to ditch him so you cannot blame him for taking it. What I struggled with was the tedious football & his inability to take any responsibility when things went wrong during his time with us.

I also don't take pleasure in any of his subsequent failings & hope that he enjoys success in whatever he does next although finding another job maybe a challenge for him. As Gringo says though he seemed to blag it with us so may be able to talk his way into another job, although I suspect that it will be at League 2 level or lower.

Speak for yourself CC. Especially as you never went to watch any of RS's shyte idea of football and how to play it.

These days, Teams / Players / Clubs / Fans want Managers who have a feel of winner about them.
    I suspect that is true at all league levels.

RS has not got that vibe, and certainly not right now.

He was a very 'dull' Manager at City, but despite that - and his subsequent floundering's in lower leagues - he led a Championship team to 8th .

I suspect that - being a bit bland, a bit clichéd and never having played the game professionally himself doesn't get RS much reverence in the dressing room, nor from fans either when the chips are down.

Good luck to you Russell Slade.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 05-03-17 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    In these times Teams / fans want Managers who have a feel of winner about them - at all levels.
    He's not got that vibe, and certainly not right now.

He was a very 'dull' Manager at City, but despite that - and his subsequent floundering's in lower leagues - he led a Championship team to 8th .

I suspect that - being a bit bland, a bit clichéd and never having played the game professionally himself doesn't get RS much reverence in the dressing room, nor from fans either when the chips are down.

Good luck to you Russell Slade.
    Plenty of work for Supply Teachers for him. Bet he was a shit teacher too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Speak for yourself CC. Especially as you never went to watch any of RS's shyte idea of football and how to play it.
    It was so shit that the last 4 games attracted

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Plenty of work for Supply Teachers for him. Bet he was a shit teacher too.
    Bit late for that now! Back in the conference somewhere would be about right- ish.

What did Trollope do to make him a villain? Arguably the signings made under his time here were far better than Slade's - my biggest criticism of Slade was his inability to find talent in leagues he spent well over a decade as manager in.

Trollope is a very talented coach and we still don't know if he is capable of being a manager also. I would point to Pep who typically utilises his clubs vast bank balance and youth programme to create his style of football or Brendon Rogers who needed a number of games even though his Celtic side were always going to win the league...We were bad enough that it couldn't happen here but who knows what would have happened if Fred had scored at Brum.

Sides as big as Forest flirt with relegation while sides like Sheffield United have gone down and struggled to return. Slade may not have been inspiring but that wasn't us even in difficult circumstances.

Ok, "villain" was probably the wrong word - just a figure of speech.

imho Slade did a decent job of cutting out a lot of dead wood and achieved a decent league position with little or no money, but the football was boring as feck.
    Trollope was just clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Am I actually reading this right? That it is my fault that "grown men" slagged our former manager off?
    You and the Colonel need to have a word with yourselves.
    I don't recall slagging Slade off tbh, I just think the football he served up was boring.

And yeah, I think if it wasn't for you, nobody would mention slade on here.

Childish? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    It was so shit that the last 4 games attracted

Weren't we giving away tickets at that point?

I don't hate Slade and I wish him well, but to call his football entertaining is , well, just plain wrong

Also, our average attendance that season was 15,847

Take away the final four, where we were basically giving away tickets (which accounted for almost a third of the season's total attendance) and that drops to 13,811