+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slade Sacked!

Re: Slade Sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Am I actually reading this right? That it is my fault that "grown men" slagged our former manager off?
    You and the Colonel need to have a word with yourselves.
    Of course it's not your fault, but I think what they mean is that most people only persisted with the Slade bashing once he'd gone to piss you off.

Now get to bed Russ, the jobcentre opens at nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Of course it's not your fault, but I think what they mean is that most people only persisted with the Slade bashing once he'd gone to piss you off.

Now get to bed Russ, the jobcentre opens at nine.
    This.

By the same token, imho if it were not for jursey and Chris, the wurzels and Leeds would barely get a mention on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Slade did a pretty good job for us though. Since then, this hatred for Slade has been generated by people who are fed up of Tandy, it's not really anything to do with Slade any more.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Funnily enough Mr Morris was of the same opinion so he duly banned me. I am unable to comment on the latest developments without risking a more significant ban. All members of CCMB can discuss our former manager bar me.
    Banned for having an opinion that differs from everyone else's? Well I never. That's never happened here before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Banned for having an opinion that differs from everyone else's? Well I never. That's never happened here before.
    Who has it happened to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Who has it happened to?
    Everyone and anyone that isn't one of *****' personas on ****

Slade did a pretty good job for us though. Since then, this hatred for Slade has been generated by people who are fed up of Tandy, it's not really anything to do with Slade any more.

I think this is true for most on here, though not all.

Slade did some things quite well - reducing the squad and wage bill whilst finding a way to play that got us to 8th - but the football was dire, his selections were ultra conservative, he stiffled the youth players and his interviews became cliche-ridden froth. It was time to go.

I shouldn't care about his managerial career any more - he is nothing to do with my club. However, the Tandy factor does make it difficult to resist Slade threads at times.

Ole's reign was a complete disaster but i can't accept that every one of Ole's signing were deadwood.

Burgstaller seems to have kicked on since leaving us and Daehli clearly had talent and with the right manager could have been a good player in my opinion.

Slade's functional football couldn't get the best out of these players and i think it was the wrong fit for our club on every level.

A manager like Gary Rowett would have got us playing decent football and left us on firm footing long term whereas Slade just got by week on week whilst taking us backwards as a club at a rate of knots.

There is more to building a football club than your current league position. Blackpool got to the premier league but their club was eroding behind the scenes and we were going the same way.

If you contrast Slades tenure with the buzz and good feeling that has already been acheived in Warnock's short reign it's chalk and cheese.

Warnock has identified many things at the club which were amiss and has already acted to rectify them. Slade just turned a blind eye cos he didn't have the charisma, desire and personality (balls) to address them in fear that he may lose his job.

^^
    Great summary IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Ole's reign was a complete disaster but i can't accept that every one of Ole's signing were deadwood.

Burgstaller seems to have kicked on since leaving us and Daehli clearly had talent and with the right manager could have been a good player in my opinion.

Slade's functional football couldn't get the best out of these players and i think it was the wrong fit for our club on every level.

A manager like Gary Rowett would have got us playing decent football and left us on firm footing long term whereas Slade just got by week on week whilst taking us backwards as a club at a rate of knots.

There is more to building a football club than your current league position. Blackpool got to the premier league but their club was eroding behind the scenes and we were going the same way.

If you contrast Slades tenure with the buzz and good feeling that has already been acheived in Warnock's short reign it's chalk and cheese.

Warnock has identified many things at the club which were amiss and has already acted to rectify them. Slade just turned a blind eye cos he didn't have the charisma, desire and personality (balls) to address them in fear that he may lose his job.

Absolutely spot on.