+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Shop Cardiff Newport Road - what a weird / dodgy setup

Re: Car Shop Cardiff Newport Road - what a weird / dodgy setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Motorpoint are the worst. They tried to charge me £300 to bring a car down from Rochdale just so I could look at it.
    what is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    what is wrong with that?
    What is right with it?

Car shop penarth road.
    Worst place I have ever been for "car buying experience"
    Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with their cars as far as I know, but what a bunch of yanto twats as salesmen.
    Walked in, and this slicked back haired valleys 19/20 something's **** proceeded to inform me that you could not look at the cars untill you had an interview with this £7 an hour tosser who proceeded to tell you your car's worth £750 less than you thought (at least!) and then you had to tell the spotty roider what car exactly you wanted, and your budget, before you even get close to looking at the ****ing cars.
    In short do not go there if you are expecting to just browse around the cars.
    And..... If you buy one when you come to pay, you'll be introduced to a nice man in a suit in an office.
    Really nice man.
    He'll ask about how you are, family etc. Engage with your kids.
    And then try to sell you a warranty, and a service package.
    One question I would ask at this point would be " Oh, The salesman told me this was a very good car, if you think it's going to break down soon, I think I'll go elsewhere"
    Other than the above joke notice their change in attitude when you tell them you don't what their warranty. Basically o.k. **** off, pick the car up next Monday or something.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Bought my car Seat Alhambra from Carbase in Lympsham near Brean turn off on M5.
    They are one of the biggest car sales firms in the West with used cars showrooms all over Bristol and Weston super mare etc.
    Travelled over from Cardiff to look at my Alhambra and would highly recommend this company
    CARBASE I MEANT

Motorpoint are the worst. They tried to charge me £300 to bring a car down from Rochdale just so I could look at it.
    I thought you only paid that charge if you buy the car?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F uck me !

I am 65 and I've only had 4 cars in the last 40 years.
    I only keep them 2 years Tone

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    THIS^^^^

Don't forget the £300 "admin" fee if you do decide to buy one of their motors.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Don't forget the £300 "admin" fee if you do decide to buy one of their motors.
    Actually it's £99 but still a pisstake.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Car shop penarth road.
    Worst place I have ever been for "car buying experience"
    Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with their cars as far as I know, but what a bunch of yanto twats as salesmen.
    Walked in, and this slicked back haired valleys 19/20 something's **** proceeded to inform me that you could not look at the cars untill you had an interview with this £7 an hour tosser who proceeded to tell you your car's worth £750 less than you thought (at least!) and then you had to tell the spotty roider what car exactly you wanted, and your budget, before you even get close to looking at the ****ing cars.
    In short do not go there if you are expecting to just browse around the cars.
    And..... If you buy one when you come to pay, you'll be introduced to a nice man in a suit in an office.
    Really nice man.
    He'll ask about how you are, family etc. Engage with your kids.
    And then try to sell you a warranty, and a service package.
    One question I would ask at this point would be " Oh, The salesman told me this was a very good car, if you think it's going to break down soon, I think I'll go elsewhere"
    Other than the above joke notice their change in attitude when you tell them you don't what their warranty. Basically o.k. **** off, pick the car up next Monday or something
    Ah, "upselling" aka "screw as much as you can out of the customer" Classic sales technique - Rapport Building, promote the features and benefits of a service, close the deal.

My guess is that the "suit" doesn't get feck all personally from the sale of the car but gets paid commission on the warranty, which I might add, is almost certainly 100% profit, certainly a higher margin% than the car.

Auctions for me and never been let down.

The Car Shop is a very odd place, but the one vehicle I bought from them was 4 years old with 7,000 on the clock.

I scrapped it 6 years later after I stuck 210k miles on it.

It did help that it was a 5 series, but value for money I couldn't fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe it's changed - this was 4 years ago.

Maybe it's changed - this was 4 years ago.
    you pay upfront and they refund you if you choose not to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    you pay upfront and they refund you if you choose not to buy it.
    And (NSASWA), people actually do this. !!!!!

Can't fault the salesman at the car shop on penarth road, he advised me to take out RAC gap and return to invoice cover, I've never heard of it before and declined his offer, he then as all good salesmen do, ended up selling me the RAC gap return to invoice cover for a cost of approx £500, Low and behold 2 weeks ago my car was written off ( totally my fault). Any way after a bit of worrying I searched through all the car paper work and realised I had taken this cover out.

Just yesterday had a payment off my insurance for value of car as it stands today and ( this is the good bit) another payment of rac gap cover to boost it to my original purchase price from 30 months ago

In other words I had a car for 30 months, wrote it off and received the FULL original payment of £14495

I advise anyone buying a car to take out GaP and RTI cover :)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Can't fault the salesman at the car shop on penarth road, he advised me to take out RAC gap and return to invoice cover, I've never heard of it before and declined his offer, he then as all good salesmen do, ended up selling me the RAC gap return to invoice cover for a cost of approx £500, Low and behold 2 weeks ago my car was written off ( totally my fault). Any way after a bit of worrying I searched through all the car paper work and realised I had taken this cover out.

Just yesterday had a payment off my insurance for value of car as it stands today and ( this is the good bit) another payment of rac gap cover to boost it to my original purchase price from 30 months ago

In other words I had a car for 30 months, wrote it off and received the FULL original payment of £14495

Wouldn't it have been easier not to have crashed the car

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    No, as his car was worth around £7k at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    No, as his car was worth around £7k at that time.

Wonder if he was trying to "merge in"

It would have been I loved the car, no problems cheap to run etc etc etc but as a steve R said below my car was worth obviously less than the purchase price.

I was gutted at the time of crashing

Now I've been paid the original price well I'm kind of glad I crashed now :)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wonder if he was trying to "merge in"

It would have been I loved the car, no problems cheap to run etc etc etc but as a steve R said below my car was worth obviously less than the purchase price.

I was gutted at the time of crashing

Now I've been paid the original price well I'm kind of glad I crashed now :)
    At least you were then able to afford that Focus.