+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you enjoyed Wales in France you must watch this

If you enjoyed Wales in France you must watch this

Probably already posted, but 'Don't Take Me Home' by Jonny Owens is a fantastic look back at an amazing month.
    Just came back now from watching with my ever patient wife who also thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and the film.

A thousand memories, mostly good, but some sad ( one of my best and long term friends was due to travel to Bordeaux with me for the first game, but passed away with cancer a week before) and some very special- taking my lad to the semis on the day of his 15th and sharing special times in France with my wife and mates.

All came flooding back.

Re: If you enjoyed Wales in France you must watch this

its a good film, saw it Wednesday night

Jonny does seem to understand football, he did that CCFC one ( its on youtube )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its a good film, saw it Wednesday night

Jonny does seem to understand football, he did that CCFC one ( its on youtube )
    Yes, he's definitely 'one of us'

Excellent production-really enjoyed it.The National Anthem in Bordeaux was amazing.Impressed with Neil Taylor and Ben Davies in their interviews-a brilliant reminder of a wonderful time for Welsh football and it's fans.

Yes the anthem in Bordeaux was tremendous.One of three moments in the film when I had tears in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    One of three moments in the film when I had tears in my eyes.
    i had tears in my eyes when i heard the pitter patter of my biscuit M&M's hitting the floor and i realised the bag had upturned on the seat next to me and emptied on the floor

I was just glad you were on the dark side of Bristol last Wednesday night.😁

I was just glad you were on the dark side of Bristol last Wednesday night.��
    you would have loved to have met me, you know you would have

Pearcey, those p***ks at the Screening Room cancelled the film on the day. They can stick their £18 up their a**e. Anyway, got free tickets from them and went to see in Cardiff today. Great film that captured the mood really well.

Yes the anthem in Bordeaux was tremendous.One of three moments in the film when I had tears in my eyes.
    That day and singing it at Wembley, fantastic moments.

I also went today & thoroughly enjoyed it. It brought back some great memories & also some sad ones via the Gary Speed coverage which was done in a very respectful way. One thing that really shone through was what a great bunch of lads we have representing our country on the pitch, all of them spoke well & with real fondness about this great experience. The same can be said of Chris Coleman & the other members of the backroom staff who all gave a very good account of themselves.

There was also a great deal of well deserved positive coverage about our support which was brilliant to see.

Overall a film which contained lot's of passion, humour & joy which showed Wales in a very positive light - Credit to Jonny Owen for a superb piece of work

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I also went today & thoroughly enjoyed it. It brought back some great memories & also some sad ones via the Gary Speed coverage which was done in a very respectful way. One thing that really shone through was what a great bunch of lads we have representing our country on the pitch, all of them spoke well & with real fondness about this great experience. The same can be said of Chris Coleman & the other members of the backroom staff who all gave a very good account of themselves.

There was also a great deal of well deserved positive coverage about our support which was brilliant to see.

Overall a film which contained lot's of passion, humour & joy which showed Wales in a very positive light - Credit to Jonny Owen for a superb piece of work
    They all spoke very eloquently too, and with a smile on their faces. My overriding memory from the film is that how gutted Ramsey was that he couldn't play. I really think he thought we'd have gone the whole way had he played. In fairness, I've only thought about him in the semi 56,543 times. One of those things though and a great film which summed up an even better summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Probably already posted, but 'Don't Take Me Home' by Jonny Owens is a fantastic look back at an amazing month.
    Just came back now from watching with my ever patient wife who also thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and the film.

A thousand memories, mostly good, but some sad ( one of my best and long term friends was due to travel to Bordeaux with me for the first game, but passed away with cancer a week before) and some very special- taking my lad to the semis on the day of his 15th and sharing special times in France with my wife and mates.

All came flooding back.

But there is nothing to watch

Shirley, the title should read "GO AND SEE THIS"

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Pearcey, those p***ks at the Screening Room cancelled the film on the day. They can stick their £18 up their a**e. Anyway, got free tickets from them and went to see in Cardiff today. Great film that captured the mood really well.
    Thats a crappy thing to do. It was a complete rip off at £18 a pop anyway

There don't seem to be many dates left so if you haven't seen it and want to please try to arrange before Thursday.