+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IOS MEMORY STICK/drives

IOS MEMORY STICK/drives

The ones you can plug in an iPad:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012ME5O...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Can you play films from then on ipad etc....
    Or just transfer photos and stuff....
    Can't quite work it out from the reviews.
    Thanks

Re: IOS MEMORY STICK/drives

never seen those, id be interested too if anyone knows

it should act like " extended storage " BUT it installs a app " i-Drive " that lets you move, copy , view the files

idevices are funny, if it was a android you know you could watch movies of it, but not sure about iOS

you could always install all the movies onto the stick and just move the film you want to watch over to the ipad as a when you want to watch it ( will only take a few mins ) then when you are done, move it back and put another on it, not the end of the work imho

Unless I'm missing something, what's the point of these? Surely iCloud is the best way to transfer files between mac and iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, what's the point of these? Surely iCloud is the best way to transfer files between mac and iPad?
    on a train / bus / journey with no wifi / 4G ? ? ?

abroad and you need to back up pics / video ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    on a train / bus / journey with no wifi / 4G ? ? ?

abroad and you need to back up pics / video ? ? ?
    Yeah, but if you know you're going on a journey, you download the video before you leave?

Oh and they have free wifi in Disney ya know

I have a thing I can plug my camera memory card into that then slots into my iPad, I can then transfer the photos to my iPad and then back up into the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah, but if you know you're going on a journey, you download the video before you leave?

Oh and they have free wifi in Disney ya know

I have a thing I can plug my camera memory card into that then slots into my iPad, I can then transfer the photos to my iPad and then back up into the cloud.
    So any movies I transfer to my iCloud from my laptop, I've downloaded 100's, they will work on the iPad will they??
    I was thinking it was useful fir dropping kids stuff films cartoons I downloaded take it with me to the pub so I can sit in peace for an hour....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So any movies I transfer to my iCloud from my laptop, I've downloaded 100's, they will work on the iPad will they??
    I was thinking it was useful fir dropping kids stuff films cartoons I downloaded take it with me to the pub so I can sit in peace for an hour....
    I think so