+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan Watch (5/3)

Loan Watch (5/3)

The latest goal celebrations of Idriss Saadi have left us a bit baffled here at Loan Watch. Two weeks in a row he has scored, run to a bag behind the goal and pulled out an Incredible Hulk mask which he has then put on to celebrate his goal. Surely, as a Cardiff City player in Belgium, an Etien Velikonja mask would be more appropriate? No excuse really, he can order one from the Loan Watch gift shop and it'll be with him in a couple of days. I'd happily throw in a couple of extra items too, we're having a bit of a clear out at the minute. Maybe he'd be interested in a Filip Kiss 2016 calendar, a Tommy O'Sullivan onesie, a set of Elvis Menayese golf club covers or a Frederico Macheda Action Man figure? He only has to ask.

We'll start our round-up with Idriss. Another superb goal, from long range this week, takes him to 14 for the season. He missed another chance soon after which proved costly as Sporting Charleroi equalised late on for a 1-1 draw. He was involved in controversy after the game as a Charleroi fan called him a 'dirty Arab' and a 'dirty terrorist' which, rightly, incensed him. An interview with him this week seems to indicate that he's open minded about his future here, he's just concentrating on Kortrijk for now and trying to force his way into the Algerian national team, having recently switched his allegiance from France. He was in their preliminary squad for the African Cup of Nations but missed the final cut.

A goal for Emyr Huws yesterday in Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Brentford. Not a great performance from Ipswich and Emyr is starting to show signs of some wear and tear from playing regular football again after so little action here. Manager Mick McCarthy continues to be impressed though and has asked Emyr if he wants to stay next season. "He said he'd love to join, which is good. He said he's loving it. He's enjoying playing again. I think everyone is enjoying having him here. I certainly am and I think the fans are too."

Another defeat for Rotherham but another quality performance from Semi Ajayi in a 2-0 defeat to Villa. Tom Adeyemi wasn't at his best but didn't hide and tried to get forward when possible. Another frustrating day for Adam le Fondre as Bolton drew 1-1 with AFC Wimbledon in League 1. He started but failed to make an impression. Having scored in the week, Stuart O'Keefe spent yesterday's game on the bench for MK Dons as they lost to a late goal at Neil Harris's Millwall. Deji Oshilaja missed Gillingham's win at Bury through injury.

It's rare for both keepers to come out in credit from a 3-3 draw but Ben Wilson and Simon Moore seem to have done that as Rochdale drew with Sheffield United. On saying that, Wilson was partly responsible for United's first as he picked up a back pass and a goal resulted from the free kick. A good day for second placed Plymouth in League 2 as they beat third placed Carlisle 2-0. Nothing spectacular from Matty Kennedy but an effective and hard-working 90 minutes from him which is encouraging in itself. He asked after the game if anyone had some spare legs he could borrow.

In the non leagues, Lloyd Humphries played for Weston-Super-Mare as they beat Oxford City 3-0. An unlucky defeat for Cinderford as a controversial sending off meant they played the last hour with ten men. City loanee Jarrad Welch said they were robbed as they went down 1-0, Chesham's goal was a penalty scored by Darren Purse. Yes, that one. It's a small world (but, as Stephen Wright correctly pointed out, you wouldn't want to paint it).

Apart from Purse there were also goals in the non-leagues for former players Danny Johnson, as Gateshead push for a play-off place in the National League, and two more for Jon Parkin as York battle to avoid relegation. Cameron Jerome scored again for Norwich and there were also goals for three of our Premier League squad as Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Wilfried Zaha and Andreas Cornelius all netted. We must have had some team back then.

Re: Loan Watch (5/3)

There's nothing more to be said - I'll have to buy a set of golf clubs so I can get those Elvis Menayese covers .

Fantastic report as always.

Any chance of posting a full catalogue for the Loan Watch gift shop some time? I'm still interested in the Jon Parkin Vegan Cookbook if it's back in print, and those jars of Russell Slade plum jam.

I'm assuming the Federico Macheda figures were seconds having been wrongly labelled 'Action Man'.
    Fascinating report as usual.

Thanks Loramski. Good read

Top read as per usual.
    Come payday I'll pop along to the official loan watch dhop.

Ajayi seems to be constantly getting good reviews, is there much chance of him staying here next season?

I also noticed that Mats Dæhli scored for St Pauli the other day. The opener in a 5-0 thumping. Made a couple of other chances during the match too apparently.

Fair play, we are blessed with several excellent writers and reporters on this board.
    To be entertained, informed and laugh out loud at the same time is quite some treat.
    Fantastico.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Top read as per usual.

Ajayi seems to be constantly getting good reviews, is there much chance of him staying here next season?

I also noticed that Mats Dæhli scored for St Pauli the other day. The opener in a 5-0 thumping. Made a couple of other chances during the match too apparently.
    Last I heard St Pauli looked like they were almost certainly going to be relegated - looks like Daehli is sparking a revival.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=germany2

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Last I heard St Pauli looked like they were almost certainly going to be relegated - looks like Daehli is sparking a revival.

They've taken 9 points from the four games he's played in.
    Thats league winning form.

He gets subbed every game after an hour though, so by no means is the improvement entirely up to him.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A goal for Emyr Huws yesterday in Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Brentford. Not a great performance from Ipswich and Emyr is starting to show signs of some wear and tear from playing regular football again after so little action here. Manager Mick McCarthy continues to be impressed though and has asked Emyr if he wants to stay next season. "He said he'd love to join, which is good. He said he's loving it. He's enjoying playing again. I think everyone is enjoying having him here. I certainly am and I think the fans are too."
    Think that's the 3rd MoM for Who's since he's been there. From that quote, it seems likely that Ipswich will sign him in the summer. That instinctual goal at the weekend shows his natural ability. Nice link up with Tom Lawrence for the goal too. But apparently he's rubbish too.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ip...entford/358524

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Fair play, we are blessed with several excellent writers and reporters on this board.
    To be entertained, informed and laugh out loud at the same time is quite some treat.
    Fantastico.
    Agreed. Great report, we are very lucky on this MB.

Warnock said that Zohore saved the club £1.5m so maybe he may soon say the same about Saadi. Noting his record this season, I would be very surprised if Warnock does not at least have a good look at him in pre-season to see what he is made of. As a minimum we should now get a decent fee for him although it would be great if he developed into a first team player as Zohore has.

As for Emyr Huws I would like to have him back although Mick McCarthy is quoted today as saying that he thinks he will be surplus to requirements in the Summer. Again his value should be creeping up based on his performances for Ipswich so if we do sell then the proceeds could be useful in helping Warnock secure his own targets.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Warnock said that Zohore saved the club £1.5m so maybe he may soon say the same about Saadi. Noting his record this season, I would be very surprised if Warnock does not at least have a good look at him in pre-season to see what he is made of. As a minimum we should now get a decent fee for him although it would be great if he developed into a first team player as Zohore has.

As for Emyr Huws I would like to have him back although Mick McCarthy is quoted today as saying that he thinks he will be surplus to requirements in the Summer. Again his value should be creeping up based on his performances for Ipswich so if we do sell then the proceeds could be useful in helping Warnock secure his own targets.
    I'd like him back too, but have the feeling that Huws isn't the aggressive type centre mid that NW seems to like. Hopefully we're wrong.

Even if Warnock has made up his mind on Huws, I'm not sure I want Warnock telling letting interested clubs know he surplus to requirments as this would surely drive his value down. NW should probably make a statement that Huws could make his way into next seasons Cardiff side, even if it isn't true. Yes, it's great the NW is honest, but sometimes it's a dumb card to play.

They've taken 9 points from the four games he's played in.
    Thats league winning form.

He gets subbed every game after an hour though, so by no means is the improvement entirely up to him.
    One of the potentially best players we have had down here.Bookmark it... Injuries have blighted his career (and Ole Gunner)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

C,mon St Pauli,the best club outside of Cardiff.

Wonderful updates.

1x Etien mask please

Top read as per usual.

Thank you all, much appreciated.

Not sure what's happening with Ajayi, his contract is apparently up at the end of the season but I'd be surprised if we're not prepared to give him at least one more season here. With the assumption growing that Warnock will move aside at some point for Bellamy to take over, it begs the question of what happens to the players we currently have who aren't Warnock's type but are Bellamy's. I'd certainly say that Ajayi is one of those, maybe Huws and Kennedy too. Seems daft to keep them here if Warnock won't use them, equally daft to let them go if they're exactly what we'll need in a year or two's time.

I'm guessing Daehli isn't playing on the wing in a 4-4-2 over there. Best of luck to him, hope his career takes off now.