+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock willing to groom Bellamy to be his successor............................

Warnock willing to groom Bellamy to be his successor............................

according to a Daily Mirror "exclusive".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...sights-9976860

Re: Warnock willing to groom Bellamy to be his successor............................

I thought this would be the long term plan. Makes perfect sense.

Re: Warnock willing to groom Bellamy to be his successor............................

Great concept. Like the notion very much.

Ridiculous 'poll' at the foot of the article!

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I suppose it make some consistency as Craigs played for almost as many clubs as Warnock has managed? ..........

Hopefully this is true, would show the club are putting some thought into something for once

The managerial spot may be number one for an ex-player but I can imagine Bellamy is incredible with the kids and wouldn't hate having him shine in that role over the next 5-10 years.

Many marveled at the way Brian Flynn brought through a number of talented youngsters within the Welsh set-up. It would be great to see a Flynn like character in the Wales set-up but also at Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrecsam.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    With Warnock as DoF??!!

If Craig can take aboard the richness of knowledge and experience Warnock has to offer , it will be the making of him, and what a splendid moment it would be to see a Cardiff man in charge of Cardiff , and a giant of a player in the game as well , the best this City has produced.

My only concern for us would be if Craig delivered in the role , how long would we hang onto him , and it would be a change as not many ex big stars make it in the game as managers , outside of say Sparky/ Bruce /Daglish, I struggle to find many names , as many and perhaps more have tried and failed , Keene , Robson , Neville , Shearer Sheringham , Adam's, Butcher ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Craig can take aboard the richness of knowledge and experience Warnock has to offer , it will be the making of him, and what a splendid moment it would be to see a Cardiff man in charge of Cardiff , and a giant of a player in the game as well , the best this City has produced.

My only concern for us would be if Craig delivered in the role , how long would we hang onto him , and it would be a change as not many ex big stars make it in the game as managers , outside of say Sparky/ Bruce /Daglish, I struggle to find many names , as many and perhaps more have tried and failed , Keene , Robson , Neville , Shearer Sheringham , Adam's, Butcher ?
    Bale?

" Groom " is an unfortunate choice of word as the " Jimmy Saville's of football " story unwinds in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bale?
    And Giggs..? Technically.

Giggs? Bale? Toshack?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Giggs? Bale? Toshack?
    Nope,sorry , always felt Bellamy was a real Cardiff lad.

What's Adam's butcher got to do with the price of fish. ?