+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bayern Fans Bog Roll Protest

Bayern Fans Bog Roll Protest

Loads of rolls chucked on the pitch ,believe it's a protest on prices they were charged ,brilliant protest .

Re: Bayern Fans Bog Roll Protest

Toilet rolls (British Rail issue) featured heavily in City away games late 60s/early 70s. The shiny Izal type ones seemed to be designed to travel a lot further than the softer variety

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Toilet rolls (British Rail issue) featured heavily in City away games late 60s/early 70s. The shiny Izal type ones seemed to be designed to travel a lot further than the softer variety
    They also ensured the shit travelled a lot further as well.

Usually smeared over most of your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Loads of rolls chucked on the pitch ,believe it's a protest on prices they were charged ,brilliant protest .
    Arsenal should be protesting over this (paying a huge cost to see the same mistakes repeated) rather than a manager who almost guarantees that you're in the top four of ninety two and progress to the knock-out stages of the champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I was just wondering about these fairly recently. Do they still use them in schools? Or whether or not kids today even know what they are. I wonder if the teachers had to use Izal too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was just wondering about these fairly recently. Do they still use them in schools? Or whether or not kids today even know what they are. I wonder if the teachers had to use Izal too.
    Kids today have no idea what they are.

Mine are both in their twenties now but when they were younger and in school, I told them about the joys of shiny toilet roll back in the day. I'm pretty sure they thought I was winding them up.

They also seemed a little dubious about a certain PE teacher in a Caerphilly comp who insisted on watching to make sure we all had a proper shower - yep, those really were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Kids today have no idea what they are.

Mine are both in their twenties now but when they were younger and in school, I told them about the joys of shiny toilet roll back in the day. I'm pretty sure they thought I was winding them up.

I'm think my father in law (93), still uses it.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/fo...1296209762.jpg

Izal?
    Luxury!
    We had squares of old newspapers threaded on a piece of string.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Izal?
    Luxury!
    We had squares of old newspapers threaded on a piece of string.
    SNAP.

And (NSASWA), an outside toilet (with huge f ucking spiders)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    SNAP.

And (NSASWA), an outside toilet (with huge f ucking spiders)
    Yeah, outside bog too.
    In winter, had to put a candle under the cistern to stop it freezing.

Football is the biggest sport in the world. I am unsure why they expect low prices in the round of 16 in the biggest club competition on the planet.

What do they expect 20 quid each?.

Yeah, outside bog too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Football is the biggest sport in the world. I am unsure why they expect low prices in the round of 16 in the biggest club competition on the planet.

What do they expect 20 quid each?.
    The thread has moved on from football Lord K . Please keep up. Now, have you or havent you got a hardship story about a -25 freezing cold toilet , 400 miles from your house that was inhabited by hyenas and dinosaurs who ate your great nan when she slipped getting of the toilet 58 years ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They had it easy.

Yeah, outside bog too.
    Hey, I remember that too. We used a "night light" - one of those stumpy candles that burned for about 8 hours. It was put in a saucer on a shelf under the cistern (which in those days was up at ceiling level).

That Izal type bog wipe lives on in schools but only as tracing paper. It was vile. Newspaper ( hence the expression " Bum Fodder " )
    used to leave printing ink over your arse.