+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Cardiff Bus Lane fine?

OT Cardiff Bus Lane fine?

The company I lease my car from has kindly informed me ( for a £12 admin fee) that I have been caught using a bus lane in Cardiff, and the council will soon be in touch to fine me. Anyone know how much the fine is?

Re: OT Cardiff Bus Lane fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    The company I lease my car from has kindly informed me ( for a £12 admin fee) that I have been caught using a bus lane in Cardiff, and the council will soon be in touch to fine me. Anyone know how much the fine is?
    If it's the same as the box junctions then it's £70 or £35 if paid within 2 weeks.

EDIT:
    Yep, just checked the Cardiff Council website. £70 or 35 if paid within 21 days.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resid...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by itkman; 08-03-17 at 17:00.

Nice one cheers mate. Ive been scouring the council website but couldn't find anything. Not too bad £35, my wife said its £200 !. Lesson learned, managed to get confused up by grey friars road few weeks ago.

Nice one cheers mate. Ive been scouring the council website but couldn't find anything. Not too bad £35, my wife said its £200 !. Lesson learned, managed to get confused up by grey friars road few weeks ago.
    If it's the bus lane by the Hilton leading to North Road I'd appeal it as the signage is rubbish given the amount of information you're trying to deal with just there. I saw some poor sod trying to get into the Hilton log jam give up and drive round the back using that lane. He was too close to the sign to have been able to read it. I must have stopped at least 5 cars driving up there when walking past.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    If it's the bus lane by the Hilton leading to North Road I'd appeal it as the signage is rubbish given the amount of information you're trying to deal with just there. I saw some poor sod trying to get into the Hilton log jam give up and drive round the back using that lane. He was too close to the sign to have been able to read it. I must have stopped at least 5 cars driving up there when walking past.
    yeah thats the one, I know the area ish, but the road seemed confusing at the time, Ill have a look at the appeal process once the paper work arrives.

I got caught outside the Hilton and appealed based on the signage and got off.
    I pointed out that, as the only sign telling you that it's a bus lane is positioned after the Kingsway turning , then this is unfair as you have no way of avoiding the bus lane.

No harm in trying to appeal - you could save a few quid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I got caught outside the Hilton and appealed based on the signage and got off.
    I pointed out that, as the only sign telling you that it's a bus lane is positioned after the Kingsway turning , then this is unfair as you have no way of avoiding the bus lane.

No harm in trying to appeal - you could save a few quid.
    nice one, will use the same reasoning !

ye it's £35 , I had the misfortune of one last month was the bus lane going towards town by the holland house hotel , I used the bus lane to join the queue to turn left

yeah thats the one, I know the area ish, but the road seemed confusing at the time, Ill have a look at the appeal process once the paper work arrives.
    This is exactly where I got caught too. Even as a born and bred Kairdiffian it's incredibly confusing in that spot as the signage is very poor, especially at night when I got done. I even tried to avoid the area but was about to turn into a one way street going the wrong way so the only way I could see out of there was towards the Castle (I swore blind that the exit past the New Theatre was for taxis and buses only?? - still not sure on this). As I was fannying about, a taxi came right up behind me and I had to continue to avoid causing an obstruction and so actually tried to pull in before the camera but I just entered that area enough for a ticket.

Anyway, I appealed it and although they ignored my reasoning, they did let me off for a 'first offence' (apparently available to everyone), so defo worth writing a letter.

I think it's high time that area was decluttered / made clearer, otherwise cynical people may begin to think it is simply a money making racket

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This is exactly where I got caught too. Even as a born and bred Kairdiffian it's incredibly confusing in that spot as the signage is very poor, especially at night when I got done. I even tried to avoid the area but was about to turn into a one way street going the wrong way so the only way I could see out of there was towards the Castle (I swore blind that the exit past the New Theatre was for taxis and buses only?? - still not sure on this). As I was fannying about, a taxi came right up behind me and I had to continue to avoid causing an obstruction and so actually tried to pull in before the camera but I just entered that area enough for a ticket.

Anyway, I appealed it and although they ignored my reasoning, they did let me off for a 'first offence' (apparently available to everyone), so defo worth writing a letter.

I think it's high time that area was decluttered / made clearer, otherwise cynical people may begin to think it is simply a money making racket
    Didn't have your magic 'Traffic Light changing' cheese sandwiches on you that night mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Didn't have your magic 'Traffic Light changing' cheese sandwiches on you that night mate?
    No mate

{still can't remember what I was on about that night but it must've been true}

I go by train or bike to town, but about 2 months ago i took my mum and dad into town, I was totally bamboozled with the new systems, i'm surprised i never got a fine for one thing or another!!!.

Just driven down custom house street , on junction by Marriott / viva Brazil etc. Am I likey to get another fine ? Don't know what it is with me and bus lanes in cardiff , is every steeet a sodding fine generator ?

Just driven down custom house street , on junction by Marriott / viva Brazil etc. Am I likey to get another fine ? Don't know what it is with me and bus lanes in cardiff , is every steeet a sodding fine generator ?
    �� You can't go down there either

Just make up some story about being on holiday at the time and tell them your number plate has been cloned. Works a treat apparently

hate bus lanes they seem to be for the benfit of scroungers who cant be botherd to drive.

Banned

Not being funny but do you think that you should be driving? How difficult is it to stay out of a bus lane?

Ffs I might as well set up a direct debit and pay monthly for my fines. Only went to pick the misses up from a night out. Would have been better of getting a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Not being funny but do you think that you should be driving? How difficult is it to stay out of a bus lane?
    You might have a point. I didn't realise it was a bus lane until I was literally in it , and it was dark. That's my defence your honour.

It's Churchill Way ffs, always will be. Only students and pissed-up daffodil-head-wearing tarts call it bus lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's Churchill Way ffs, always will be. Only students and pissed-up daffodil-head-wearing tarts call it bus lane.
    Stand up at its finest

If driving in a bus lane is a £35 fine and no pelanty points then it's just an expensive toll road. Something to keep in mind if you're ever in a hurry.

Blog Entries

If driving in a bus lane is a £35 fine and no pelanty points then it's just an expensive toll road. Something to keep in mind if you're ever in a hurry.
    Get used to them.

Banned

What's your thoughts on people getting on trains without paying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What's your thoughts on people getting on trains without paying?
    Aw bro, what did I ever do to you to deserve this kind of treatment?