+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20k expected Saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20k expected Saturday

Be nice to have a decent crowd to support our manager for a change.

Re: 20k expected Saturday

27,000 would be better. Our lucky number. Get the word out.

I'm surprised how deep the malaise has set in at The club.
    The team and manager deserve far more than 20k given their heroics of recent months. I have offered a few people the £5 tickets but nobody seems to want them

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The team and manager deserve far more than 20k given their heroics of recent months. I have offered a few people the £5 tickets but nobody seems to want them
    If we were top of the table they would!

If you've followed our club for any length of time, you'll already know how notoriously fickle / fragile our support can be.

With enough promotion / marketing etc through the Echo, we could easily get over 20k. (Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988? and before my time, a Hereford one which drew 35k after their Manager's comments?).

With the print media sadly at an all time low however, it all comes down to word of mouth and social media. We can all do our bit there.

Such is the attitude of the area however, I think we all know that if this was a Premier League game, it would already be sold out.

are they giving free tickets away again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988?
    I don't. Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't. Enlighten me.
    I do. Sat in the Grandstand. The Bob Bank looked awesome. 14,000 as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do. Sat in the Grandstand. The Bob Bank looked awesome. 14,000 as I recall.
    I think Dave's point was that none of that happened in 1988 - Gringo's right, it was 1992, Feb 29th as it goes and the crowd was 16.030.

If you've followed our club for any length of time, you'll already know how notoriously fickle / fragile our support can be.

With enough promotion / marketing etc through the Echo, we could easily get over 20k. (Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988? and before my time, a Hereford one which drew 35k after their Manager's comments?).

With the print media sadly at an all time low however, it all comes down to word of mouth and social media. We can all do our bit there.

Such is the attitude of the area however, I think we all know that if this was a Premier League game, it would already be sold out.
    Nail on the head.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Nail on the head.
    Spedger
    Point of order.
    1975 Malcolm Allison , Palace manager made comments about size of our crowds. For the relegation battle a day or two later we had a crowd of 25k for the relegation battle with them. Thanks too to Peter Jackson who bigged the game up in the Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Point of order.
    1975 Malcolm Allison , Palace manager made comments about size of our crowds. For the relegation battle a day or two later we had a crowd of 25k for the relegation battle with them. Thanks too to Peter Jackson who bigged the game up in the Echo.
    Alison made comments about our crowds after we beat them at selhurst in 1975 front of 25000 i think the relegation game was 1974, we drew 1-1 and they went down, we had the last laugh with promotion at their expense and 35000 against Hereford
    Last edited by Packerman; 10-03-17 at 08:00.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Point of order.
    I remember my mate's dad taking us to that game, standing on the corner of the bob bank/canton, absolutely rammed in and the crowd was buzzing. Generally speaking I have the memory of a goldfish, and cant' even remember the score (I think we won) but will never forget how full the ground was that night.

Yeah, some people would you use any excuse not to go. Dont like the nice Mr Tan.... Blah blah blah....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yeah, some people would you use any excuse not to go.....
    Shy.

Don't know anyone.

Parrot would be lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Shy.

Don't know anyone.

Parrot would be lonely
    Got work at 10pm tonight ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Shy.

Don't know anyone.

Parrot would be lonely
    Some people really should mind their own business.

Does anybody still the Echo?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I still the echo

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I still the Eggo, to see who has died.

It's an age thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

It's an age thing.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/buy-sel...-death-notices

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

It's an age thing.
    I remember reading it once and it said, 'Mars Bar, Curlywhirly, Snickers.....

Turns out I was reading the 'A bit chewy' Page!!

I've noticed the same , there is apathy, rugby , and the move to fund and support the last few years of supporting Welsh football side instead .

The other is the the removal of the five year prices freeze it has lost us a lot of fans , lets put in standing areas, and slash the walk up price to a tenner .

I've noticed the same , there is apathy, rugby , and the move to fund and support the last few years of supporting Welsh football side instead .

The other is the the removal of the five year prices freeze it has lost us a lot of fans , lets put in standing areas, and slash the walk up price to a tenner .

It was 16k and it was about 1992 i think. A bit of a mad day.