+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20k expected Saturday

20k expected Saturday

Be nice to have a decent crowd to support our manager for a change.

Re: 20k expected Saturday

27,000 would be better. Our lucky number. Get the word out.

I'm surprised how deep the malaise has set in at The club.
    The team and manager deserve far more than 20k given their heroics of recent months. I have offered a few people the £5 tickets but nobody seems to want them

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The team and manager deserve far more than 20k given their heroics of recent months. I have offered a few people the £5 tickets but nobody seems to want them
    If we were top of the table they would!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If you've followed our club for any length of time, you'll already know how notoriously fickle / fragile our support can be.

With enough promotion / marketing etc through the Echo, we could easily get over 20k. (Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988? and before my time, a Hereford one which drew 35k after their Manager's comments?).

With the print media sadly at an all time low however, it all comes down to word of mouth and social media. We can all do our bit there.

Such is the attitude of the area however, I think we all know that if this was a Premier League game, it would already be sold out.

are they giving free tickets away again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988?
    I don't. Enlighten me.

If you've followed our club for any length of time, you'll already know how notoriously fickle / fragile our support can be.

With enough promotion / marketing etc through the Echo, we could easily get over 20k. (Remember the all conquering Burnley 0-2 in 1988? and before my time, a Hereford one which drew 35k after their Manager's comments?).

With the print media sadly at an all time low however, it all comes down to word of mouth and social media. We can all do our bit there.

Such is the attitude of the area however, I think we all know that if this was a Premier League game, it would already be sold out.
    It was 16k and it was about 1992 i think. A bit of a mad day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't. Enlighten me.
    I do. Sat in the Grandstand. The Bob Bank looked awesome. 14,000 as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do. Sat in the Grandstand. The Bob Bank looked awesome. 14,000 as I recall.
    I think Dave's point was that none of that happened in 1988 - Gringo's right, it was 1992, Feb 29th as it goes and the crowd was 16.030.

Feedback

I don't. Enlighten me.
    You know he is referring to the 91/92 game where IIRC Conroy and Randall scored for Burnley. They brought 800 on the Grange end yet it was reported they brought 8,000. The crowd was 16,000 or so

Can't go rugby's on the tele.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I posted on Facebook about the cheap tickets, then sold 8 withing about 20 minutes. Its going to be bouncing!

You would say that.

I don't. Enlighten me.
    Look at me I know all the football dates!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You would say that.
    Pardon?

I'm afraid that some of those who were regulars until the rebrand won't come back now as they have found other things to do
    and dare I say would feel they were losing face if they did come back.

International

Remember March 1961? The all conquering Spurs?? Over 40,000 I think, the bob bank was rammed full.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Look at me I know all the football dates!
    Congratulations. You should try to pass some of your knowledge on to Arfur. He's clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Dave's point was that none of that happened in 1988 - Gringo's right, it was 1992, Feb 29th as it goes and the crowd was 16.030.
    Of course. My last season living in Wales. Our playoff hopes finally ended on a Tuesday night at Ninian Park by a 1-1 draw with Crewe. I think we had two 20+ goal scorers in that team too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You would say that.
    Pardon?
    You would say that.

I don't. Enlighten me.
    Gareth: You know when he's fighting Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon?
    Simon: No?
    Gareth: You not seen that?
    Simon: No?
    Gareth: Have you not, I can’t... that is a classic.
    Simon: No, I’ve not seen him fight Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon, I’ve seen him fight Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon.
    Gareth: Ah, that’s what I meant, that's what I meant.
    Simon: is it? Why did you say have you seen him fight Chuck Norris in Enter the Dragon? He fight’s Bob Wall in both, but Norris is only in Way of the Dragon.
    Gareth: Yeah, I know, so when he’s fighting Chuck Norris-
    Simon: In what?
    Gareth: In Way of the Dragon.
    Simon: Correct. At last.

Nail on the head.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Nail on the head.
    Spedger
    Point of order.
    1975 Malcolm Allison , Palace manager made comments about size of our crowds. For the relegation battle a day or two later we had a crowd of 25k for the relegation battle with them. Thanks too to Peter Jackson who bigged the game up in the Echo.

Point of order.
    1975 Malcolm Allison , Palace manager made comments about size of our crowds. For the relegation battle a day or two later we had a crowd of 25k for the relegation battle with them. Thanks too to Peter Jackson who bigged the game up in the Echo.
    Alison made comments about our crowds after we beat them at selhurst in 1975 front of 25000 i think the relegation game was 1974, we drew 1-1 and they went down, we had the last laugh with promotion at their expense and 35000 against Hereford
    Last edited by Packerman; 10-03-17 at 08:00.