+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Men kissing. What next?

Men kissing. What next?

SHEFFIELD STEELERS STATEMENT
    on: March 08, 2017In: EIHL latest news, Elite Teams, Latest News, Sheffield Steelers
    Sheffield Steelers have issued the following statement regarding the incident at the Steelers-Coventry Blaze game at the Sheffield Arena on Saturday 4th March:

During the Game our overhead cameras were panning the arena for our fans to take part in our “kiss cam”. The idea of “kiss cam” is for people to turn to each other and kiss – the best kiss of the night then receives a prize. We also do this as a “dance cam” similar process but the best dancer of the evening wins a prize.

The camera picked out people at random in the crowd sitting next to each other, the two males leaned over and kissed their female companions to the left and right respectively. The two males then turned and kissed each other – this was met with applause as a way of the crowd showing their appreciation for those taking part and joining in the fun on the night.

The match night announcer, David Simms, called the kissing of the two males “disgusting” and asked that they be removed. This was a most regrettable incident which the Steelers realise has caused tremendous upset to some fans and in particular the LGBT community, many of whom are Steelers fans.

The Steelers wish to place on record their sincere apology to anyone who was upset by David’s comments and as an organisation we in no way condone them.

David Simms says he is very sorry that his comments have upset people, including those in the LGBT community, but that was not his intention.

Steelers Managing Director and Elite Ice Hockey League chairman Tony Smith said: “David’s actions on Saturday night were foolish and thoughtless – I have spoken to him at length and he is very sorry for all the hurt and upset he has caused to the LGBT community.

“Yesterday I spoke with Neale Gibson of LGBT Sheffield explaining the events which surrounded the incident on Saturday night, Neale has very kindly offered advice which we are taking.

“I have also been in contact with Stonewall to discuss an LGBT programme the Steelers could participate in. Their policy and motto “acceptance without exception” is one the Steelers have always tried to follow.

“I must stress David’s actions do not reflect the attitude or policy of the Sheffield Steelers towards the LGBT community – we are a family and welcome each and everyone to the Steelers games without exception and hope this regrettable incident brings the Steelers and the LGBT community closer together in the future.”

Re: Men kissing. What next?

Whatever next?
    Cock fencing ?

Bloody hell.

I just hope women are never allowed to drive buses.

Simms isn't sorry at all, an odious oil that has slagged of Welsh people before, he's only apologising to get himself out of the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Simms isn't sorry at all, an odious oil that has slagged of Welsh people before, he's only apologising to get himself out of the shit.
    I'm a bit worried that anyone thought it was OK to throw the blokes out when it sounds like it was all done as a bit of fun. Or am I missing something?

I agree that Simms sounds like a complete **** from this story though. The Steelers sound even worse by keeping him in post.

If these people are out in public, hurting God by flaunting their gayness then why shouldn't they be ejected from the premises?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    If these people are out in public, hurting God by flaunting their gayness then why shouldn't they be ejected from the premises?
    It does sound more reasonable when you put it like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm a bit worried that anyone thought it was OK to throw the blokes out when it sounds like it was all done as a bit of fun. Or am I missing something?

I agree that Simms sounds like a complete **** from this story though. The Steelers sound even worse by keeping him in post.
    The squealers apparently have kiss cam and two of the people it settled on were two blokes, hence simmsy's comment. He thought he was being funny, he's got form for being outspoken and generally full of himself, the guy's a complete dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    So, if they were really gay they deserve everything coming to them??

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Think he was protesting a bit too much there.

[QUOTE=Colonel Cærdiffi;4725130]If these people are out in public, hurting God by flaunting their gayness then why shouldn't they be ejected from the premises?[/

The camera picked out people at random in the crowd sitting next to each other, the two males leaned over and kissed their female companions to the left and right respectively. The two males then turned and kissed each other – this was met with applause as a way of the crowd showing their appreciation for those taking part and joining in the fun on the night.

They were having a laugh!!!

Simms is an absolute **** of a man who has previous for this. Absolute blight on British hockey and I can only hope this is the catalyst for him finally having nothing to do with the EIHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

I think the Colonel's trying to say that this is absolutely haram and the great and almighty Vishnu would destroy these evil God-less heathens for having the audacity to go against the teachings of the Torah. May Guru Gobind Singh smite them in one of their next lives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I think the Colonel's trying to say that this is absolutely haram and the great and almighty Vishnu would destroy these evil God-less heathens for having the audacity to go against the teachings of the Torah. May Guru Gobind Singh smite them in one of their next lives!!
    It worries me that BLUEAWAY took my comment seriously.

God forbid.

[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;4725266]
    If these people are out in public, hurting God by flaunting their gayness then why shouldn't they be ejected from the premises?[/

Nothing wrong with seeing a bit of kissing on a screen. Perhaps not butt****ing, that might not be appropriate, though I have some on my phone from the days when it improved my matchday experience when Russell Slade was in charge.

It doesn't worry me that you are worrying.
    Anything that helps to keep your brain active has got to be good��