+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can no longer lie and get away with it

Re: You can no longer lie and get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Amazing isnt it - a Govt makes a decision, which it looks like was a mistake and it reverses it within a week - and some say it's a catastrophic cataclysmic event - others would see it as listening and making good their mistake.

Personally - they should have kept the NI changes in place (it affected me probably the worse). Next time there is an NHS crisis - anyone who criticises lack of investment - need to have a think back to this decision - and whether you supported it or not.
    Did different people write those two paragraphs?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You're doing a Corbyn here.

1. I am amazed how different people react (depending on political viewpoint) when a Govt reverses a previous decision

2. I was more than ok with being taxed more money - I can afford it.
    Amazed? Life must be a circus of wonder if this obvious shit still amazes you.

So just to clarify, if there is a crisis in the NHS (if, lol) then you would place the blame squarely on the people who opposed this NI rise? Not the people who run it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the proposed increase in NI contributions by the self-employed, the “wit” and smugness of Hammond during his budget speech may yet come back to haunt him. I believe Corbyn to be a decent man but a leader of a political party he is not, even so he did not deserve the kind of ridicule that he was subjected to. Also as an aside, what a bad example some of the MPs set, happily tapping away on their mobiles/laptops during the speeches! All engaged on official Parliamentary business of course.
    Oh boy, didn't it 'arf! He didn't look too smug today did he.