Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
Oh go on then , I'll give you a tickle - tell me where in the Tory manifesto it said self employed NICs would not rise ?

We all know what he's done - they have seen a gap in the context and also seen there is enough there to raise some money.

Under 16k - your NICs wil go down, over 17k they will go up £20 a year and a self employed consultant type (like me) on 52k a year will have to pay £620 a year more (Im fine with it) , this is a Labour type policy - and Im still ok with with it.

Didnt like the tuition fees rise though back though back in the day, and didnt like the failed Lib Dems pledge of being able to scrap them either.

It's all about the wriggle room.

There will be more of this to come , Hammond seems to have ditched the deficit reduction plan for the time being, which means the debt gets bigger and the interest repayments on it get higher - which means less to spend on everything else - unless the economy grows - which has now been revised back UP to 2% - so there is some hope of us growing our way out of it.

Simple young Feedback.The manifesto confirmed there would be no national insurance tax hike. Fullstop. No wriggle room. They have broken a manifesto pledge. I suspect we will see yet another Tory U turn as they pull the plug on this measure. This is a pretty feeble Government which would be on the ropes if there was a half decent opposition.