+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wales Rugby

Wales Rugby

I'm not a huge fan of rugby especially all the daffodil shit and Eddie Butler prologue etc but nevertheless I still like to see them win.

I had my ACL done yesterday so I'm off work and was just reading that Horley has picked the same team that got gubbed by Scotland for Friday even though we've effectively got nothing to play for!

Surely now is the to blood some players like Sam Davies etc and see what they've got to offer at international level rather than stick with the tried and tested team with tried and tested (and failing) tactics?!

Re: Wales Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of rugby especially all the daffodil shit and Eddie Butler prologue etc but nevertheless I still like to see them win.

I had my ACL done yesterday so I'm off work and was just reading that Horley has picked the same team that got gubbed by Scotland for Friday even though we've effectively got nothing to play for!

Surely now is the to blood some players like Sam Davies etc and see what they've got to offer at international level rather than stick with the tried and tested team with tried and tested (and failing) tactics?!
    Howley is an idiot

https://youtu.be/-XzKxa7MWf4

I feel sorry for Howley he is on a hiding to nothing with the set-up at the moment, he is simply looking after the side when the main man is away, if he makes a raft of changes that Gatland doesn't like, and the players perform in a new style, he is creating a problem for his boss.

That being said by helping his boss by filling in while he is away he has damaged is own reputation massively. There is no way that the Welsh public will accept him as the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I feel sorry for Howley he is on a hiding to nothing with the set-up at the moment, he is simply looking after the side when the main man is away, if he makes a raft of changes that Gatland doesn't like, and the players perform in a new style, he is creating a problem for his boss.

That being said by helping his boss by filling in while he is away he has damaged is own reputation massively. There is no way that the Welsh public will accept him as the next manager.
    Gatland has basically sent the lamb (howley) to the slaughter.

Regardless of what happens Gatland will be able to return. He has a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I think they are concerned with World Cup points.
    Once again there is every chance they will be outside the top 8 for the next WC which means two seeded countries will be in our group

The WRU should never have allowed Gatland a year of for the Lions

Its like the FAW giving Coleman a year off because he's taking charge of Team GB at the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Its like the FAW giving Coleman a year off because he's taking charge of Team GB at the Olympics
    did they have a option ? ? ? he was going anyway

The eggers have lost 29 consecutive international matches versus New Zealand. Yes, twenty fecking nine!

The next time some 50-something Allbright-swilling boring git gets all sentimental about the Wales teams of the 1970s to make out they were "great," remind them that the truth is the All Blacks thumped them on every occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I agree. He's either in charge of us, or he should have quit to take over the lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The eggers have lost 29 consecutive international matches versus New Zealand. Yes, twenty fecking nine!

The next time some 50-something Allbright-swilling boring git gets all sentimental about the Wales teams of the 1970s to make out they were "great," remind them that the truth is the All Blacks thumped them on every occasion.
    Can't be much worse than this if the games were more frequent:

http://www.11v11.com/teams/england/t...osition/Wales/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Not true on one occasion the All Blacks cheated when they pretended they were pushed at a line out,they scored the pen and won.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Not true on one occasion the All Blacks cheated when they pretended they were pushed at a line out,they scored the pen and won.
    Yep, it was Andy Haden ,the cheating c*nt .

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Now now. Organ has a deep filled hatred of all things egg. So much so, that if you had the time or the patience to look back at all the egg threads going back a few yrs, you'd find at least one contribution from him in almost every one.

I think criticism of Welsh rugby should always be done while acknowledging the story where Gatland was taken in a helicopter for x number of hours (perhaps even an hour) when he first arrived and shown all the rugby clubs and told that this is what he had to work with.

Despite this we have always managed to compete by playing above our small stature, and I'm not sure if this group of coaches are too focused on how small we are and forgetting our previous capability to play above ourselves. Whatever the reason, it's bloody depressing to go back through the team selections over the last 10 years and see pretty much the same group of players even though several now have more bad games than good.

We seem to be on a downturn of fortunes currently (every side in every sport has these periods) but are we doing anything/enough to get out of it? Many people responded "it's been two years" when they said in the pre-Ireland press "you don't become a bad team overnight."

The Welsh rugby team has been on the decline for a good few years, but the Welsh rugby 'fans' haven't seen it coming. Players built up into undroppable superstars by the Welsh media - this was only a matter of time

Howley is being used as the fall guy by Gatland who is not the wonderful guy that the rugby fans think he is

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Now now. Organ has a deep filled hatred of all things egg. So much so, that if you had the time or the patience to look back at all the egg threads going back a few yrs, you'd find at least one contribution from him in almost every one.
    You're correct. My eyes light up with indignation on seeing a rugger thread. Nothing irritates me more than egg talk does.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think criticism of Welsh rugby should always be done while acknowledging the story where Gatland was taken in a helicopter for x number of hours (perhaps even an hour) when he first arrived and shown all the rugby clubs and told that this is what he had to work with.

Despite this we have always managed to compete by playing above our small stature, and I'm not sure if this group of coaches are too focused on how small we are and forgetting our previous capability to play above ourselves. Whatever the reason, it's bloody depressing to go back through the team selections over the last 10 years and see pretty much the same group of players even though several now have more bad games than good.

We seem to be on a downturn of fortunes currently (every side in every sport has these periods) but are we doing anything/enough to get out of it? Many people responded "it's been two years" when they said in the pre-Ireland press "you don't become a bad team overnight."
    Rugby is a huge asset to our rural backwater and still people hope for its demise.

Guaranteed tens of millions into the economy every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Yep, it was Andy Haden ,the cheating c*nt .
    That's the one he even did admit it years later.

The same out of form players picked again as we lurch towards another tier three RWC seeding. Another group of death beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    The Welsh rugby team has been on the decline for a good few years, but the Welsh rugby 'fans' haven't seen it coming. Players built up into undroppable superstars by the Welsh media - this was only a matter of time

Howley is being used as the fall guy by Gatland who is not the wonderful guy that the rugby fans think he is
    Nail on head. The Welsh media lives in La La Land when it comes to the eggers. In my book both Gatland and Howley are very poor coaches. I expect the WRU committee men were glad for Gatland to coach the Lions so they could enjoy a good old freebee tour too.
    I used to care a bit about Wales egg results but now I don't give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Nail on head. The Welsh media lives in La La Land when it comes to the eggers. In my book both Gatland and Howley are very poor coaches. I expect the WRU committee men were glad for Gatland to coach the Lions so they could enjoy a good old freebee tour too.
    I used to care a bit about Wales egg results but now I don't give a toss.
    I went to a rugby orientated school (St. Illtyd's) in the 70's when the Welsh Rugby team reigned supreme, at least in the northern hemisphere, and whlst a bit narked that I was pretty much forced to play rugby instead of football (tbf I wasn't much good at football) I was as mad keen on the egg as anyone else, when I wasn't dreaming of pulling on a blue jersey and scoring the winner at NP I was scoring the winning try for Wales.
    Last night I was asking the Mrs what we were going to do for dinner Friday night/watch on Telly, when she asked me what I was on about "We're going to the pub to watch Wales" I hadn't even realised we were playing.

The game has changed beyond all recognition from the one I used to play, and the sight of a gurning twat on the telly in a daffodil hat makes me want to stick a boot though the telly.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of "razzmataz" why in the name of all that is holy, do we have those long flags behind the goal for when City score?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The game has changed beyond all recognition from the one I used to play, and the sight of a gurning twat on the telly in a daffodil hat makes me want to stick a boot though the telly.
    Not arguing but those welsh bucket hats do my head in equally.

English people I know like the daffodils and the rest of it.

If you were to fill the millenium with 70k football fans you'd find a large portion are an embarrassment.

Banned

The days of easy games in test match rugby are long gone. Clowns who think we should beat any team every game are clueless.
    Wales have a very strong side and on their day they will give any team a good game.
    As for the supporters, what gives people the right to slag them off for what they choose to wear?
    If they are happy crack on I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The days of easy games in test match rugby are long gone. Clowns who think we should beat any team every game are clueless.
    Wales have a very strong side and on their day they will give any team a good game.
    As for the supporters, what gives people the right to slag them off for what they choose to wear?
    If they are happy crack on I say.
    It is absolutely their right to embarrass themselves and/or their nation, in the same way I retain my right to think they look like a bunch of idiots.

As I've alluded to, it's a large part of the reason I've lost interest in the "events".

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It is absolutely their right to embarrass themselves and/or their nation, in the same way I retain my right to think they look like a bunch of idiots.

As I've alluded to, it's a large part of the reason I've lost interest in the "events".
    Mention cardiff to anyone in england and you can predict the response.

A minority of rugby fans may act silly but nothing will compare to the disgrace that was cardiff fans decades ago.

You talk about embarrassing a nation supporting cardiff city football club