+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Katie Hopkins

Finally got some of what was coming to her.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-katie-hopkins

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post

I wonder if Hopkins is still well up on the deal - even after paying out.
    It is possible that she hasn't done too badly out of her short career as a professional attention-seeking f*ckwit troll.
    No doubt others will continue to be encouraged to pursue a similar path.

This professonal troll is well paid for her bile. She really is best to be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I wonder if Hopkins is still well up on the deal - even after paying out.
    It is possible that she hasn't done too badly out of her short career as a professional attention-seeking f*ckwit troll.
    No doubt others will continue to be encouraged to pursue a similar path.
    I imagine she's more than well up on the deal. But it's finally nice to have someone she can't belittle in the media tell her she's wrong for once!

Mixed feelings on the story me. on the one hand an odious, bigoted, patronising idiot has had her comeuppance. On the other, do people have to sue over social media spats? I can understand why the lady did take action but do wonder where all this stuff ultimately leads us as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Mixed feelings on the story me. on the one hand an odious, bigoted, patronising idiot has had her comeuppance. On the other, do people have to sue over social media spats? I can understand why the lady did take action but do wonder where all this stuff ultimately leads us as a society.
    Hopefully to a place where people realise you can't be a keyboard warrior without the possibility of facing the consequences. Just like in the outside world.

so are you intimating el Gwapo is a keyboard warrior.

I`d love to see that ugly Tory Spunk trumpet garroted.

Libel is libel. The internet is merely another mode of commiting it.

I imagine she's more than well up on the deal. But it's finally nice to have someone she can't belittle in the media tell her she's wrong for once!
    Indeed so

Hopefully to a place where people realise you can't be a keyboard warrior without the possibility of facing the consequences. Just like in the outside world.
    know what you mean but where is the line drawn? what if she'd called her "poo face"?! When does a meaningless spat become that serious? Dont get me wrong I dislike the woman but that size fine? really?

know what you mean but where is the line drawn? what if she'd called her "poo face"?! When does a meaningless spat become that serious? Dont get me wrong I dislike the woman but that size fine? really?
    Her target received death threats. You just don't know if those threats are serious or not but to receive them must be disturbing.

Good point. Grey area.
    On the whole I think we still have to rely on common sense and plain right/wrong - same as we always have.
    Very occasionally there will be some slight injustices either way, sadly. Arguably, same as it ever has been.

I think it is important that the very notion of the professional public-eye shit-stirrer (that is what she is, or was) is challenged now, before factual reporting and level headed discussion (hmm!) becomes replaced by myriad professional trolls spouting dozens of different flavours of bile .

Not fussed on Katie Hopkins and am glad that someone has had the b@lls to take to the courts.
    It is far too easy to tarnish peoples' reputations on social media like Twitter and people of her ilk should take note.
    Doubt it will stop Hopkins though, in fact the rag probably encourages it.

BTW that Jack Monroe is far prettier than any of the Jacks I know 😍

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I`d love to see that ugly Tory Spunk trumpet garroted.
    Nugent's a good bloke. That's a bit harsh imo

Have you read the story? She runs a business and her reputation was damaged by the tweets.

You wouldn't get sued over a meaningless spat. It's just the same as real life, if defamation occurs, or racial abuse occurs you'll get in trouble. Just because it's over the Internet nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have you read the story? She runs a business and her reputation was damaged by the tweets.

You wouldn't get sued over a meaningless spat. It's just the same as real life, if defamation occurs, or racial abuse occurs you'll get in trouble. Just because it's over the Internet nothing changes.
    Have you read both my posts? I said I understand why the actin was taken, my point was where do you draw the line

Katie Hopkins is exactly the type of woman that my pebbledash headboard was invented for.

its not a she is it? its a bloke in drag i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    its not a she is it? its a bloke in drag i heard.
    she had a great song n the sixties titled those were the days, or was that her sister mary.

Have you read both my posts? I said I understand why the actin was taken, my point was where do you draw the line
    You wouldn't win a court case if someone called you poo face online or anywhere else. To win a defamation case you have to prove your reputation has been seriously damaged. The line is drawn in court, same as it always was. I'm not sure what point you're making really.
    Last edited by Robin Friday's Ghost; 11-03-17 at 09:29. Reason: Typo

Absolutely right. This is no different to what would have happened if the defamation had occurred in the Manchester Guardian in 1905, except that her tweets reached many more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    You wouldn't win a court case if someone called you poo face online or anywhere else. To win a defamation case you have to prove your reputation has been seriously damaged. The line is drawn in court, same as it always was. I'm not sure what point you're making really.
    My points are
    1) yes KH is an odious cow
    2) she was always going to come a cropper and Im glad she did
    3) in the hierarchy of "crimes" Im not really sure this is up there tho I accept the point the other party suffered
    4) is this post actionable as I called her an odious cow and if so would the fine be justified at £20, £200 or £20,000?

Avoid offending people-

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-03-11

My points are
    1) yes KH is an odious cow
    2) she was always going to come a cropper and Im glad she did
    3) in the hierarchy of "crimes" Im not really sure this is up there tho I accept the point the other party suffered
    4) is this post actionable as I called her an odious cow and if so would the fine be justified at £20, £200 or £20,000?
    Well she could try taking you to court of course if you called her an odious cow. But they would decide you hadn't seriously affected her reputation and she'd lose. And technically it wouldn't be a crime anyway any more than the case Hopkins lost. It's a civil wrong, it's not criminal.