Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Sensible and correct post .

I would suggest in the words of Jackskon Browne that some are now ""running on empty "" .

Big efforts at Leeds , Derby has caught us up, and some performances are now very up and down .

We need a big clear out.

If, and I say if, some were poorly , don't put them on the bench , pick and play youth or use those substitutes that are fit and not suffering from some alledged illness , or just say we were of our game , were tired and we were set up wrongly ???
Agreed. We've been needing a bit of a clear out for some time.

Despite how bad the game was yesterday, there was a 10-15 minute spell in the second half when we pinned Birmingham back but didn't have the quality, guile or skill to break through a stubborn defence. We score more goals on the break and from set pieces - this has been the case for a number of seasons.

I think you could make a case for needing an entirely new midfield and attack. Gunnarsson has been magnificent in recent times but his passing is often not up to standard. Whittingham has the skill but not the legs. Ralls is still learning. Noone can be outstanding one week then awful for the next few and defensively can be found wanting. Harris has done pretty well but is also young and learning (I don't yet see Harris and Ralls as players that would shine in the Premier League, though they have time on their side). Halford is cover for them. Pilkington has an eye for goal and pops up with moments in games but lacks pace.

Up front Zohore has been a revelation but that's it. He's still got a way to go. Gounangbe and Saadi? Who knows?

If Warnock is serious about mounting a promotion challenge I think we'll be short in too many areas. If he says we only need 4 players, those players need to be first team regulars and better than what we have, which, assuming a 50% success rate in the transfer market, suggests to me we need much more than 4 new signings. Too many changes might see us take time as a side to settle. I'd rather the club have a longer term vision, to build sensibly, rather than make another dash for promotion. Last time, that approach didn't work that well and we've ended up worse as a result.