+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock was piss poor today

Warnock was piss poor today

Birmingham were dreadful but our shape from the off was terrible. Lately we've looked fast and dangerous but today with Halford and Pilkington in the team we looked laboured like a Russell Slade team.

I can't believe he didn't change the shape in the second half and take off Pilkington for Noone or Harris.

We invited them on and got what we deserved. I'll be disappointed if Pilkington starts next week. He's rubbish

Re: Warnock was piss poor today

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Birmingham were dreadful but our shape from the off was terrible. Lately we've looked fast and dangerous but today with Halford and Pilkington in the team we looked laboured like a Russell Slade team.

I can't believe he didn't change the shape in the second half and take off Pilkington for Noone or Harris.

We invited them on and got what we deserved. I'll be disappointed if Pilkington starts next week. He's rubbish
    What's with a substitution in the 95th minute ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    What's with a substitution in the 95th minute ?
    And why start a home game against lowly opposition with Halford ?

Warnock has said over the last 2 week he's looking at trying new things, new combinations etc. all about getting in shape of next year from now until the end of the season, not wining every game.

Harford,Pilkington,Bennett were dreadful , hoilett not much better, no width at all. Bamba putstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Warnock has said over the last 2 week he's looking at trying new things, new combinations etc. all about getting in shape of next year from now until the end of the season, not wining every game.
    THIS

Being mid-table is a gift for a manager like Warnock, why not use the remaining games of the season to try out a few things here and there? We're not going to make (or expected to) make the playoffs and it looks unlikely we'll be going down.

According to his pre match press conference a lot of the team have been/are ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Well i hope he's seen enough of Halford and Pilkington now!
    This was a game where they were supposed to be enticing people to buy season tickets for next year.
    Not many people would return to watch football like that.

This was a game where they were supposed to be enticing people to buy season tickets for next year.
    I think he's made his mind up on pilkington, he will try offload him in the summer. Halford willl be her next year, and can do a job.

Ever since Colin slipped a 1-year job contract for 2017-2018 into his jacket pocket courtesy of moneybags Vinny, which is probably worth a guaranteed £500k+, everything's suddenly gone Trollope-esque with a miserable three points and no wins from the last four games after leading in all of them.

It might be a coincidence, of course, though I wouldn't blame the moustachioed should he be wondering whether he's dropped a bollock.

I've seen enough of Pilkington in 3 seasons to know he's past it, and not good enough.
    I've seen enough of Halford in 3 games to know the same.

Tactics were wrong today, we should be looking at beating teams like Birmingham. Warnock abandoned his normal two wide man formation, and we played Halford and Pilkington who looked clueless . Whittingham at least deserves a chance.

Hoillet didn't seem to know where he was supposed to be playing, but when he moved out wide he looks dangerous.

No supply to Zohore playing that way, and the we conceded. Warnock to blame for this one for me too.

We are not much good but Birmingham are much worse.

Halford started despite being injured but was even slower than Whitts and without the class as well

I was also disappointed with the lack of a desire to go out and win the game, but also understand him wanting to see how various things pan out.

Disappointing to concede to the only chance they had on goal in the whole game that I can recall but no-one seemed too bothered to be honest. We're fine this season and have to be looking to next season now

I think Warnock was looking at what Pilkington could offer, and it seems not a lot, talented footballer though he is. He's a player who has no natural position.

If we had really been trying to win that game, and assuming everybody was fit, we'd have played 2 wingers.

And once again, I am afraid, once the clumsy oaf Halford was substiuted for Whittingham, we played with 10 men. At least Halford would have got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I think Warnock was looking at what Pilkington could offer, and it seems not a lot, talented footballer though he is. He's a player who has no natural position.

If we had really been trying to win that game, and assuming everybody was fit, we'd have played 2 wingers.

And once again, I am afraid, once the clumsy oaf Halford was substiuted for Whittingham, we played with 10 men. At least Halford would have got in the way.

We'd been playing with 10 men from the off with Halford on the pitch - he's not fit and shouldn't have been played. He added nothing. Whitts was a class above him when he came on despite also offering little movement.

We saw our full backs getting forward more than they usually do which was good but the guys in front weren't doing enough.

Why Harris wasn't brought on for Pilkington or Hoilett is beyond me.

As for Halford. No thank you.
    Birmingham were poor and we couldn't beat them, not because they defended heroically but because we couldn't find a finish.

Banned

You have to laugh at Gringo the other day he was telling us all how wonderful Warnock was now today he is slagging the poor guy off. He don't seem to have any staying power when it comes to managers.
    I have to say though that Mr Warnocks team tactics today was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    We saw our full backs getting forward more than they usually do which was good but the guys in front weren't doing enough.

Why Harris wasn't brought on for Pilkington or Hoilett is beyond me.

As for Halford. No thank you.
    Birmingham were poor and we couldn't beat them, not because they defended heroically but because we couldn't find a finish.
    To be fair, i just listened to the press conference and the reason Harris didn't play is cos he's one of the ones who have been ill

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

One of the things I like about Warnock is that he isn't bothered about reputations, so unless he's here for one more season on a greatly reduced wage, it's bye-bye Whittingham, and probably a fair few others..

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You have to laugh at Gringo the other day he was telling us all how wonderful Warnock was now today he is slagging the poor guy off. He don't seem to have any staying power when it comes to managers.
    I have to say though that Mr Warnocks team tactics today was pathetic.
    This thread is not for people who wear gimp masks!
    I say it as i see mate. I'm not a fanboy like you who sits there wanking over pictures of Slade

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    One of the things I like about Warnock is that he isn't bothered about reputations, so unless he's here for one more season on a greatly reduced wage, it's bye-bye Whittingham, and probably a fair few others..
    The only player he drops with a "reputation" is Whitts. What sort of manager is he that he plays Halford instead of Whitts not only that he actually brought the useless so and so to the club

Banned

This thread is not for people who wear gimp masks!
    I say it as i see mate. I'm not a fanboy like you who sits there wanking over pictures of Slade
    It don't take long for you to turn on a manager, wouldn't want to be in the trenches with your sort.

On the way to the ground i was listening to a radio Wales interview with halford who basically admitted he would fail a medical and couldn't kick a ball 40 yards, why he started is beyond me, as was the change in tactics.
    That said, Warnock is the man to take us forward no question.

Piss poor? A bit harsh to say the least. This last few games have demonstrated exactly what position we are in, i.e. a couple of injuries/illnesses and we go from being a good team, capable of beating some of the better teams in the division, to a team that struggles to win games.
    There was nothing on the bench that would have made any real difference today other than Noone or Harris and they'd apparently both been ill.
    As for Pilks. I like him as a player, but I just can't see how he can fit into this team. I think he'll be off in the summer. Same with Whitts.

Warnock has worked miracles with what hes got to work with. Judge him after next season

Why didn't we start hoillett Zohore Harris front 3?

Why didn't we change to that?

Weird tactics today. They were there for the taking.